Please answer asap

Search This thread

smithy31698

Jun 25, 2013
Washington
I'm leaving for NO, LA tomorrow. I need my phone to be reliable. My issue is the phone drops signal often (T-Mobile US Prepaid) but it says it still has full bars and 3G/H+. SMS, MMS, internet and sometimes even calling all fail until I reboot my phone. I am on OmniRom Kitkat. This also happen on stock ICS and JB. Would switching APN settings from T-Mobile US (epc.tmobile.com) help at all? At least for calls and texts? I have 5 options. Simple(APN simple) StraightTalk T-Mobile(APN wap.tracfone) T-Mobile US(APN epc.tmobile.com)
T-Mobile US LTE(APN fast.t-mobile.com) and T-Mobile US LTE IPv6(APN fast.t-mobile.com). Would any of these make a difference? Or can I force roam on ATT and would that help? I bought a new sim but that didn't fix the problem. HELP Please!

Last edited:

Coolneng

Mar 28, 2013
Yugoslavia
I'm leaving for NO, LA tomorrow. I need my phone to be reliable. My issue is the phone drops signal often (T-Mobile US Prepaid) but it says it still has full bars and 3G/H+. SMS, MMS, internet and sometimes even calling all fail until I reboot my phone. I am on OmniRom Kitkat. This also happen on stock ICS and JB. Would switching APN settings from T-Mobile US (epc.tmobile.com) help at all? At least for calls and texts? I have 5 options. Simple(APN simple) StraightTalk T-Mobile(APN wap.tracfone) T-Mobile US(APN epc.tmobile.com)
T-Mobile US LTE(APN fast.t-mobile.com) and T-Mobile US LTE IPv6(APN fast.t-mobile.com). Would any of these make a difference? Or can I force roam on ATT and would that help? I bought a new sim but that didn't fix the problem. HELP Please!

Try Paranoid Android or implementing EPRJ RIL into Omni.

csk1jw

Apr 1, 2014
plex educve

This phone is missing the AWS/1700 band support for T-Mobile. If you are on prepaid, then you should try getting AT&T compatible MVNO.

csk1jw

Apr 1, 2014
No. T-Mobile 3G supports both voice and data.

T-Mobile 3G (HSPA)
•With 3G, theoretical maximum download of 14 Mbps.
•Our 3G network operates on the 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz frequencies. You'll need a phone that supports 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz to connect to our 3G network.
•On our 3G network, you can use voice and data services simultaneously.

UMTS/WCDMA is technically capable of both voice and data.