touchscreen disaster

Search This thread

Mayguy

Nov 23, 2011
Hey guys how is everything.
So i messed up...i rooted my device and went to root menu and by mistake pressed on touch screen update and since that time my touchscreen stopped working. i didnt flash anything and i dont know anything about flashing or roms etc all i know is that i rooted my device.
mine is 801 version of the lg g2
Please let me know what to do...the phone cost a lot

I found this...same situation but diff phone
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1984975

Art Vanderlay

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 2, 2014
Melbourne
Hey guys how is everything.
So i messed up...i rooted my device and went to root menu and by mistake pressed on touch screen update and since that time my touchscreen stopped working. i didnt flash anything and i dont know anything about flashing or roms etc all i know is that i rooted my device.
mine is 801 version of the lg g2
Please let me know what to do...the phone cost a lot

I found this...same situation but diff phone
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1984975
I'm assuming its fixed now...
I pressed it "by mistake" too lol. After a bit of fiddling it came back.

Mayguy

Nov 23, 2011
no flashing...just rooting then stuck....then I used LG tool to put the original firmware and it worked and it says phone is unrooted now and touchscreen is still not working. I will send it to warranty i think.

Is this in reference to the thread I posted as well? If so at what point did you get stuck with the reflash to stock? or did you not want to have to go back to stock?

WolfmanJack

Feb 11, 2014
Ya I just did some digging to see what other options there were and came up short... if attempting warranty doesn't work, (they won't honor) you can try a screen replacement. It is fairly easy on these phones. You can always claim insurance if you have it as well though depending on your plan it may still be a better option to attempt it yourself. I gave up on insurance after best buy stopped covering phones they didn't sell to you directly so I'm not sure what the plans look like today. If you do go the warranty route let me know how it turns out.

brumgav

Feb 7, 2010
Anyone else had this happen?

I have it and just used flashtool to flash a .tot file which went well except touchscreen still not working....not sure what else to try?