[Android 4.0+, ROOT] Quick Reply for Pushbullet - Reply to Whatsapp from PC

Search This thread

khonarr65

Feb 18, 2009
*****Your phone must be rooted with latest version of BusyBox installed*****
***** Pushbullet required*****

Note:
(If you had already purchased Quick Reply, (before its Google Play removal)
-- Purchase it again
-- Send me order details of old and new purchase
-- I'll refund old purchase)

Hi, I am Kunal Khona, from IngeniousApps and we have a new app for all Pushbullet lovers...
Why just get notified for a Whatsapp message when you can reply them instantly!

Quick Reply is a Pushbullet extension that allows to quickly reply to a Whatsapp from your computer by just clicking on the notification on your PC. This’ll open a little window for your reply, it’s that easy!

Download: Quick Reply for Pushbullet from Playstore

Chris Nacca's Review!!
[/B]

Here's Ryan from Pushbullet with Quick Reply!
Read more about Quick Reply on Pushbullet Blog :It's Here: Reply To WhatsApp Messages From Your PC!

pmv2.png
prv2.png

Features:

-- A complete Phone Free experience, no more touching your phone every time you get a Whatsapp message.
-- Reply to Whatsapp messages quickly with your PC / Laptop keyboard convenience
-- It supports Pushbullet - Chrome plugin, Firefox plugin and Windows application.
-- High Whatsapp integration with Group and Private conversation replies, Profile Picture support, etc.
-- Easy to configure with beautiful setup on startup.
-- Notification API for Android 4.3+, Accessibility Service for lower versions.

Version: V1 (reupload)
--Android Notification API for 4.3+
-- A complete new code for Accessibility Service
-- Dismiss on device functionality
-- No more repeated messages
-- Message stack into one pop up for same sender
-- A few past messages are shown if the messages appear back to back
-- No more LG G2 bug

Last edited:

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Can this be done for Hangouts ?

I mean the SMS part of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: vinaaa

future98

Apr 2, 2008
Malaga
It corrupts history of messages from Whatsapp and I have to restore messages backup every 2 or 3 attempts to test the app.The problem starts when I answer from PC 2 or 3 times.
Anyway, it's a wonderful idea. Go on!!
Edit: It's something strange. It seems that Whatsapp is opened twice!! i have to close Whatsapp app twice to exit :(

Last edited:

guenwhyvar

Nov 4, 2012
It corrupts history of messages from Whatsapp and I have to restore messages backup every 2 or 3 attempts to test the app.The problem starts when I answer from PC 2 or 3 times.
Edit: It's something strange. It seems that Whatsapp is opened twice!! i have to close Whatsapp app twice to exit :(

I have exactly the same issues. Mobile phone Note 3.

khonarr65

Feb 18, 2009
Can this be done for Hangouts ?

I mean the SMS part of it.

I shall be working on that soon. :)

Amazing job. A bit overpriced but amazing idea anyway. Thinking on take it:D.

Haha, It's not overpriced.. Take into the consideration the efforts and long hours of work we developers put to make an app that has no API / No integration support ( I am talking about Whatsapp). :cowboy:

It corrupts messages from Whatsapp and I have to restore messages backup every 2 or 3 attempts to test the app.

Thats a weird problem you are facing. None of my users or test cases have reported that, I would recommend,
- Restarting your phone
proceed to each next steps only if the problem still persist)
- Uninstall Quick Reply
- Reinstalling Whatsapp (let it settle down)
- Install Quick Reply properly with full initial setup

Let me know if you still face the issue!;)

khonarr65

Feb 18, 2009

I have exactly the same issues. Mobile phone Note 3.

I think you guys are talking about whatsapp being open after you send a message? and the thread not showing your replies until you open it up?
If thats the case don't worry.. its just Quick Reply opening up the whatsapp after injecting the message. ( I ll add the code to close it automatically in next update)

pep0te

Nov 4, 2008
Haha, It's not overpriced.. Take into the consideration the efforts and long hours of work we developers put to make an app that has no API / No integration support ( I am talking about Whatsapp). :cowboy:

Yeah mate totally agree with you. I was the first one who sent an email to whatsapp support regarding quick reply, and you know like me that this email was in the spam folder:silly:

Thanks again.

Reactions: khonarr65

future98

Apr 2, 2008
Malaga
Unistalled, installed both apps, updated Quick Reply, it's the same, when I try to send messages from PC, whastapp history of messages get corrupted and I have to restore from backup.

I shall be working on that soon. :)

Thats a weird problem you are facing. None of my users or test cases have reported that, I would recommend,
- Restarting your phone
proceed to each next steps only if the problem still persist)
- Uninstall Quick Reply
- Reinstalling Whatsapp (let it settle down)
- Install Quick Reply properly with full initial setup

Let me know if you still face the issue!;)

Last edited:

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Just installed it myself and it works like a charm. I don't use WhatsApp though, only stock MMS.

Features that I think could be beneficial:
  • SMS marked as read when replied to (or notification dismissed).
  • Conversation history above text sent

Cheers

Reactions: fsi09

gmontanola

Jul 1, 2014
WhatsApp+ Support

I'm waiting on support or maybe a workaround to use it with WhatsApp+

But I'll glady buy it!

Any plans to do it?

SoLdieR9312

Sep 22, 2012
NRW
Hey, i bought the Quick Reply for Pushbullet to Quick Reply Whatsapp Messages, but now i got:

"Sorry, WhatsApp doesn't support quick-replies from Pushbullet yet."

But on your screens in playstore it is working?

khonarr65

Feb 18, 2009
Hey, i bought the Quick Reply for Pushbullet to Quick Reply Whatsapp Messages, but now i got:

"Sorry, WhatsApp doesn't support quick-replies from Pushbullet yet."

But on your screens in playstore it is working?

You are making a mistake.. you are still accessing old Whatsapp Notifications.. Please follow the setup steps properly where you disable original Whatsapp Mirroring and reply via Custom Notifications generated by Quick Reply App (the ones seen in Play Store screens), If are still stuck at any point let me know I'll guide you through the entire process! :eek:

nicesoni_ash

May 26, 2012
Can you make a plugin for Firefox too?

Pat123

Oct 11, 2006
Mumbai
Can you add a 2 or 3 day trial version for people to try on their phones before making the purchase?

Another question for the OP: When we have stacked WhatsApp notifications with messages from multiple people/groups, whom does the message go to? To the top-most notification? Does the "Quick Reply" window show the recipient who will receive the WhatsApp message?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *****Your phone must be rooted with latest version of BusyBox installed*****
    ***** Pushbullet required*****

Note:
    (If you had already purchased Quick Reply, (before its Google Play removal)
    -- Purchase it again
    -- Send me order details of old and new purchase
    -- I'll refund old purchase)

Hi, I am Kunal Khona, from IngeniousApps and we have a new app for all Pushbullet lovers...
    Why just get notified for a Whatsapp message when you can reply them instantly!

Quick Reply is a Pushbullet extension that allows to quickly reply to a Whatsapp from your computer by just clicking on the notification on your PC. This’ll open a little window for your reply, it’s that easy!

Chris Nacca's Review!!
    [/B]

Here's Ryan from Pushbullet with Quick Reply!
    Read more about Quick Reply on Pushbullet Blog :It's Here: Reply To WhatsApp Messages From Your PC!

pmv2.png
    prv2.png

Features:

-- A complete Phone Free experience, no more touching your phone every time you get a Whatsapp message.
    -- Reply to Whatsapp messages quickly with your PC / Laptop keyboard convenience
    -- It supports Pushbullet - Chrome plugin, Firefox plugin and Windows application.
    -- High Whatsapp integration with Group and Private conversation replies, Profile Picture support, etc.
    -- Easy to configure with beautiful setup on startup.
    -- Notification API for Android 4.3+, Accessibility Service for lower versions.

Version: V1 (reupload)
    --Android Notification API for 4.3+
    -- A complete new code for Accessibility Service
    -- Dismiss on device functionality
    -- No more repeated messages
    -- Message stack into one pop up for same sender
    -- A few past messages are shown if the messages appear back to back
    -- No more LG G2 bug

Managed to get this before it was pulled. I have no issues with using Whatsapp. I can quick reply and it doesn't mess anything up. Works exactly as it should! :good:

Thank you for your feedback. But wait, there's a new Quick Reply with Notification API almost ready, I just have to sort out a few things. Will probably launch that in next week.

Hi Rashmi, I purchased your app 28/08/2014, I began to have problems with it because it accidentaly deleted some of my messages and keep acting weird with the pushbullet notifications mirroring (repeating the same message again and again), so I deleted it because it was frustrating try to keep a conversation in that fashion. So yesterday I decided to give it a chance and begin the config from scratch, but the app dissapeared of the playstore. I know (as I read in this forum) that you had a problem with the googleplay policy and they erased the app, so ¿is there a way that I can download the app again? Thanks.

PD: Congrats for your app I like the way it was going and if you want help traslating it in spanish I could help.

Hi

Sorry to hear about the Google Play store hickup.:( I hope you will continue to develop this terrific app :good:

Would it be possible to buy the latest .apk from you and have it sent via email? I have PayPal. :fingers-crossed:

Keep up the great work! :good:

Regards, Tom S

Hey! A new Quick Reply with Notification API almost ready, I just have to sort out a few things. Will probably launch that in next week. Please be patient till then :)
    Sorry guys, I have been away due to my exams. I have started working now on Android Lollipop Support. Please give me a few days since Lollipop has a huge core notification level changes.
    Thank you for all your constant support
    awesome app, had to make a review! just had to!
    Thanks a lot! So i wait patiently for the update with WA+ support! :D

Sure mate! :eek:

awesome app, had to make a review! just had to!

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
    That is an hell of a review! Never thought my app would get so much liking. Thank you so much!! :victory:
    (You should have waited and reviewed v2, its much more cleaner and has profile pictures and other stuff!)

What's new in v2.1? Play Store still has v1.2.3
    It has been almost 5-6 hours since i have pushed the version update...
    V2.0 Change log:
    -- Ok Google Hotword disable fix
    -- Whatsapp contact images now shown
    -- Other minor bug fixes

v2.1 Change log
    -- Added new SMS icon by @bpdev
    -- Whatsapp doesn't open automatically when you reply from PC