[Q] Android L

Search This thread

WhiteHawkgrr

Apr 13, 2012
Rijeka
I understand that the question I am about to make is rather stupid, but here goes anyways.
Is there any chance that we will see the new, yet to be released, Android L on our devices(i.e. Miro, Tipo, E and J)?
I wish to know what do developers think of this and if you know how what are the basic requirements for Android L, since the developer`s preview version is already out?

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013

WhiteHawkgrr

Apr 13, 2012
Rijeka
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-miro/
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-tipo/
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-j/

Scroll down to the bottom and find the android version overview. The Xperia E (Dual) didn't have this section, some don't. But I am assuming that the Tipo Dual, the E and the E Dual will not be upgraded past their current versions. You'll be lucky if you see developers build it for these devices.

I completely understand that there will be no official upgrade for all these devices. Its just that I am asking if the guys around these forums will be able to port the new Android L (probably will be Lollipop) on these devices.
Thanks for the reply!

MrGKanev

Oct 17, 2013
Ruse
www.mrgkanev.eu
The guys here are doing CM11.Try it if you want but it is stil in alpha stage.I dont think that we will see Android L for our devices but if we can run 4.4.3 with no problem (lag free and working camera ) that is going to be great. :)

Reactions: WhiteHawkgrr

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in
Oh, we can if the devs build it... or if we becomes the devs and build it! :p (I personally prefer the second option, cause XDA, I think, is a developer site and we'd be crappy members if we're on a developer forum and can't make anything :p)

No disrespect intended.

Reactions: Dzepar

Phalangioides

Dec 9, 2013
It would be cool to see L on our devices.
Also remember that it's still a dev preview, we probably have to wait for google to release this along with a new nexus.
I'm sure someone will be curious enough to try porting it, but I'm also sure it won't be soon, probably not even in this year.
IMO I'd prefer devs finish one project, then move to another one.

Eliminator79

Jul 31, 2013
Alexandria
Guys,

Guys,
Don't take me hope losing for you
This coulde be impossible
J=SingleCore 1.0Ghz Cortex A5+Adreno 200=Sluggish perofrmance on all roms (including stock)
Tipo,Miro,Nahnu are worst than jlo
So,I think that CM11 is enough (As its still in alpha stage) :laugh:
Please, Guys Don't take that offensively :D
Good Luck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The guys here are doing CM11.Try it if you want but it is stil in alpha stage.I dont think that we will see Android L for our devices but if we can run 4.4.3 with no problem (lag free and working camera ) that is going to be great. :)
    Oh, we can if the devs build it... or if we becomes the devs and build it! :p (I personally prefer the second option, cause XDA, I think, is a developer site and we'd be crappy members if we're on a developer forum and can't make anything :p)

No disrespect intended.
    It would be cool to see L on our devices.
    Also remember that it's still a dev preview, we probably have to wait for google to release this along with a new nexus.
    I'm sure someone will be curious enough to try porting it, but I'm also sure it won't be soon, probably not even in this year.
    IMO I'd prefer devs finish one project, then move to another one.
    Guys,

Guys,
    Don't take me hope losing for you
    This coulde be impossible
    J=SingleCore 1.0Ghz Cortex A5+Adreno 200=Sluggish perofrmance on all roms (including stock)
    Tipo,Miro,Nahnu are worst than jlo
    So,I think that CM11 is enough (As its still in alpha stage) :laugh:
    Please, Guys Don't take that offensively :D
    Good Luck