Should I get Nokia lumia 1020 or S5

Search This thread
A

aclegg2011

If you want to go with windows phone get the htc one m8. If you want to go with android go with the lg g3.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Without more information about how you use a smartphone (or how you would like to use one), whether you're already invested in either the Android or Windows [Phone] marketplaces, and what kinds of things are important to you... there's no way to tell you.

The 1020 has by far the better camera, and will probably have better battery life.
The S5 has a bigger and better screen, and more features.
The S5 has much better specs (but Android needs better specs for a good experience than WP8 does).

mdau

Oct 21, 2013
it depends...

It highly depends on what you want, galaxy s5 probably has more features better battery backup (the difference is marginal though and depends on usage) but lumia 1020 has a better camera and a more stable OS.
What do you prefer, Android or WP. I use lumia 925 and i have used Android before. I prefer WP now but it has its own limitation which however should not be a dealbreaker. I prefer WP for its simplicity, stability and its improving everyday

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

If you want to go with windows phone get the htc one m8. If you want to go with android go with the lg g3.

HTC has got a poorer camera compared to other high-end devices, find lumia 930 instead. i have little or no objection about lg g3

dysje

Jun 7, 2008
Don't buy either. The 1020's only benefit is the camera and they're releasing a new 1020 like phone within the next 4 months most likely. The rest of the hardware in the 1020 is far from impressive. The 1520 and 930 camera is not better than the Lumia 1020 camera.. but it IS better than the S5 camera, by quite a margin since the Cyan update! Only to get better with Denim. Remember the Lumia 1020 has a few other drawbacks too, like a really slow camera (amazing pictures, but that thing is SLOW).

The S5 is a phone with a lot of partially functioning gimmicks and Android. It's only a consideration if you REALLY need specific things Android offers over WP8.1 But since 8.1 and 8.1 Update the list is shrinking rapidly. The LG L3 isn't much different from the Samsung S5 honestly, besides having a little less bloatware and a different setup for camera and all. Also the Samsung is a little smaller, which I personally prefer. 5.1" is really the maximum for me. I also prefer the amoled of the samsung over the LG screen. Sure the LG has a lot of pixels, but battery suffers for it a little and the difference between the samsung and LG .. I just couldn't see clearly enough to overcome the benefits of the amoled screen. And you won't notice the difference between 3GB and 2GB of ram. The LG is a phone that fights with specs, where they don't matter all that much for real world performance.

The HTC One M8 For Windows Phone (wtf name) looks OK, but it's also quite a lot more expensive than the 930, while offering very little benefits. If those differences are important enough for you, go for the HTC. But me personally, I hate the HTC design as it's way too geeky, while I love the green 930. Also camera is quite important to me, so that makes the HTC not an option anymore (the camera really is awful compared to Galaxy S5 and Lumia 930).

Like many I was a long time Android user and for some really weird reason I suddenly came home with a Lumia 925. After using that for a while, I just can't go back to Android. But if you're not spoiled by WP yet, your options are still open. I wouldn't hesitate for a second anymore and get a Lumia 930. It obviously offers everything the 1020 does and a lot more. Couple it with a DT-903 with the breathing light and it's the best you can get right now. (http://www.nokia.com/global/products/accessory/dt-903/)

Reactions: SkrillexFilms

SkrillexFilms

Feb 24, 2014
Thanks

Thanks for all the replies but I am going to stick with android I just need help with the best android phone should I get the s5 or the 1+1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't buy either. The 1020's only benefit is the camera and they're releasing a new 1020 like phone within the next 4 months most likely. The rest of the hardware in the 1020 is far from impressive. The 1520 and 930 camera is not better than the Lumia 1020 camera.. but it IS better than the S5 camera, by quite a margin since the Cyan update! Only to get better with Denim. Remember the Lumia 1020 has a few other drawbacks too, like a really slow camera (amazing pictures, but that thing is SLOW).

The S5 is a phone with a lot of partially functioning gimmicks and Android. It's only a consideration if you REALLY need specific things Android offers over WP8.1 But since 8.1 and 8.1 Update the list is shrinking rapidly. The LG L3 isn't much different from the Samsung S5 honestly, besides having a little less bloatware and a different setup for camera and all. Also the Samsung is a little smaller, which I personally prefer. 5.1" is really the maximum for me. I also prefer the amoled of the samsung over the LG screen. Sure the LG has a lot of pixels, but battery suffers for it a little and the difference between the samsung and LG .. I just couldn't see clearly enough to overcome the benefits of the amoled screen. And you won't notice the difference between 3GB and 2GB of ram. The LG is a phone that fights with specs, where they don't matter all that much for real world performance.

The HTC One M8 For Windows Phone (wtf name) looks OK, but it's also quite a lot more expensive than the 930, while offering very little benefits. If those differences are important enough for you, go for the HTC. But me personally, I hate the HTC design as it's way too geeky, while I love the green 930. Also camera is quite important to me, so that makes the HTC not an option anymore (the camera really is awful compared to Galaxy S5 and Lumia 930).

Like many I was a long time Android user and for some really weird reason I suddenly came home with a Lumia 925. After using that for a while, I just can't go back to Android. But if you're not spoiled by WP yet, your options are still open. I wouldn't hesitate for a second anymore and get a Lumia 930. It obviously offers everything the 1020 does and a lot more. Couple it with a DT-903 with the breathing light and it's the best you can get right now. (http://www.nokia.com/global/products/accessory/dt-903/)