How is your battery life. Please discuss here

Search This thread

duskdiyebiri

Jun 23, 2011
İzmir
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
First time on stock kitkat 4.4.4, only greenify, a lot of messaging,viber, fb messenger, some web browsing. Never seen these numbers yet on lollipop despite the numerous of custom roms I have tested. Think I'm going to stick with this.... I should add that it was the first full battery, maybe in time will get even better. View attachment 3439268
cb80f49230cb5cc926158071b504da3d.jpg
how did you return to stock KitKat? did you downgrade hboot? where did you find the stock KitKat Ruu?

HTC One_M8 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
After being with M9 for a few months, I can't seem to get any decent battery life with my M8 :/

My settings are average but I'm out in bright light so brightness is 70-95%, 3G-4G and GPS on (high) but minimal use.

I'm not lasting above 5.5hrs SOT at best.

Media server and system is draining heavily. I guess it's time to troubleshoot again.

I know 7hours is possible as I've achieved that many times before at these settings/usages.

I have to add, after the M9... I'd take this over it any day. In so many daily usage ways.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mushages

Sep 2, 2009
Muscat
After being with M9 for a few months, I can't seem to get any decent battery life with my M8 :/

My settings are average but I'm out in bright light so brightness is 70-95%, 3G-4G and GPS on (high) but minimal use.

I'm not lasting above 5.5hrs SOT at best.

Media server and system is draining heavily. I guess it's time to troubleshoot again.

I know 7hours is possible as I've achieved that many times before at these settings/usages.

I have to add, after the M9... I'd take this over it any day. In so many daily usage ways.

7 hours isn't easy on lollipop as it was on kitkat in normal usage it's impossible unless you sacrifice data/location and brightness.

leandronb

Sep 27, 2012
Teresina
I tried to do a test with my normal usage but since fallout shelter came out i am charging my device two times or more in a day when it reach ~50%.
now i am using all activated besides google now and location history and i can reach more than 5h everyday even listening music or podcasts, maybe boomsound drains more battery, is a powerful two way speaker. also i reverted to chrome even it draining more battery, and disabled powersave, the loss in speed do not worth the battery. also i reverted to kitkat, miles better than lollipop in both battery and speed.

Reactions: pillopoulos
T

tony_5309

uploadfromtaptalk1440347029259.png

Stock 4.4.4 with a few tweaks [emoji6]

pillopoulos

Jan 24, 2014
First time at these levels!
86edd350c46b7330be100804892a8451.jpg
96c59a372d6912b473bcdc5682d75a83.jpg

Στάλθηκε από το 831C μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Callliope

Apr 16, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
With KitKat i got 6H sometimes( with 3G) , 7( or more with wi fi) ,have the 2.5 ghz asian variant.I dont have light usage, i m on social apps every moment of day , the problem gets if i m outdoors and i m messing on facebook with 3G or 4G on, battery is dropping like thunder
Anyway, android os and kernel 15% usage killing my happiness
Btw, today i disabled lux and i m trying display brightness app which is easier to handle screen brightness manual
I want to see if Lux impacts battery
uploadfromtaptalk1440779793336.png
Full stock , S on, locked bl

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mushages

Sep 2, 2009
Muscat
With KitKat i got 6H sometimes( with 3G) , 7( or more with wi fi) ,have the 2.5 ghz asian variant.I dont have light usage, i m on social apps every moment of day , the problem gets if i m outdoors and i m messing on facebook with 3G or 4G on, battery is dropping like thunder
Btw, today i disabled lux and i m trying display brightness app which is easier to handle screen brightness manual
View attachment 3454701

Your picture is dim. I don't know what app you use but it dims the output image not the display.

high_voltage

Jun 7, 2011
View attachment 3454701

lollipop is a lot worse than kitkat in mobile data surfing. The difference is just brutal... and radio drivers are htc work to blame for the most part. :)

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
7 hours isn't easy on lollipop as it was on kitkat in normal usage it's impossible unless you sacrifice data/location and brightness.
I have one-off +7hrs though, with the same daily usage... and when I check the stats, it's always a day without my 2-4hr awake time and without a crappy signal. Like a day or two back ->

uploadfromtaptalk1441230018466.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1441230042366.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1441230058166.png

Sent from HTC One M8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Amazing beginning.

So I have been updating my phone lately to 5.1 then SD 1.5.1 mm, SD 1.6.5 and now on SD 1.5 MM.
    In the past, on kitkat I could have 7 hours of on screen time if I would leave my phone screen on in a single shot, which is really good (enough for me).

Since I had moved to lollipop my phone was lasting more than a full 24 hours day but with a maximum of 3.5 to very rarely 4 hours. And still that was enough for me and I was attributing this to Lollipop. Since I moved to Marshmallow, it was even lower, 3 hours of On Screen Time for 24hours+ period. Yesterday I decided to give a shot to the Battery Calibration.
    I charged 2 mins 30 seconds then pressed power + vol down + vol up during 2 and half minutes too while watching reboot a few times. I then let it charge until 100%, I was at 20% at start.

Well since this morning I'm letting my phone screen on and the performances I can see for now are amazing if it holds like this. I'm writing this message from the phone.

Here is my config:
    - Skydragon 1.5 MM
    - xposed with: greenify, amplify, sense toolbox, "this module will run without google play service"
    - Elementalx kernel with no overclock no undervolting and set on performance (not cooler).
    Well you now know everything, I'll keep you posted when it's fully drain. For now here are the current stats (see the attachments)
    Nearly 4 hours Screen On Time in 20 % drain.

Nice, but you know you can take a screenshot with the phone instead of awkwardly taking a shaky cam pic? lol
    A normal human being who uses their smartphone normally with wifi and data and normal brightness and etc with all the apps we humans use on a daily basis, simply can not get an an average screen on time of higher than 3 or 4 hours max. And I am happy with that.

Sure, we can use our HTC one m8 like a piece of brick from the Nokia flip phone days by turning off wifi and data, brightness set to 0.0000001%, with three apps installed in total. That would give us Nokia 3310 battery life. But is that really how you would want to use your phone in the year 2015?

To me, it's simple. I try to get as much battery as I can but without stepping into crazy territory and doing the things I just mentioned. I like to enjoy the beautiful screen and enjoy the other functions. And if I have to plug in my phone for 30 minutes some time during the day to get some extra battery, then I will.
    You dont use your phone. You only hold the display awake.