What's your protection

Search This thread

Kisakuku

Oct 31, 2011
HTC One (m7)
HTC EVO 3D
Tried Otterbox Defender/Commuter, Ballistic HC/SG, Trident Kraken/Aegis, Case-Mate Tough Case. All had various design issues, so now I'm using a Trident Cyclops (along with the included front and back camera screen protectors), which I think is by far the best Evo 3D case.

Pommes_Schranke

Feb 22, 2010
Same here haha just broke mine last week on purpose, cup of water did the trick, so i could get a brand new one, then took my brand new one and rooted it within 10 minutes of being home haha.

WTF? You're breaking your device on purpose to get a new one?
And why the hell did htc do that? There are enough stickers in there to tell that the thing was taking a serious dive. And this usually eats up your warranty.
But since it worked: congrats!

InvisibleSHIELD only

I generally don't like cases for my phones so I have been rocking the InvisibleSHIELD by Zagg screen protector for a while now. I works for protecting the screen but sometimes it gets kinda smudgy and cloudy so I have been thinking what else it out there that is good for that.

Requirements
- No finger prints
- Protects against scratches

Any suggestions?

G.Newton

Jan 1, 2012
Texas
My launch 3VO has been rocking a cheap, TPU case for 11 months. It holds its own shape, fits snuggly around the 3D, leaves all the ports open, and most importantly MY 3VO IS PERFECT AFTER DOZENS OF DROPS.

No screen/body damage.

They don't sell the one I bought exactly, but an updated version..

http://www.amazon.com/TPU-Cases-Fle...WDO0/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1336698560&sr=8-9

I'm not into otterboxes or cases that cost more than $10 frankly. Nothing made out of plastic/rubber/silicone that small should ever cost more than that.

The only caveat is you drop your phone's screen directly onto a sharp edge, which I've never done. Mine usually falls out of my lap or onto the ground, and I pick it up and its fine.

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011
My launch 3VO has been rocking a cheap, TPU case for 11 months. It holds its own shape, fits snuggly around the 3D, leaves all the ports open, and most importantly MY 3VO IS PERFECT AFTER DOZENS OF DROPS.

No screen/body damage.

They don't sell the one I bought exactly, but an updated version..

http://www.amazon.com/TPU-Cases-Fle...WDO0/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1336698560&sr=8-9

I'm not into otterboxes or cases that cost more than $10 frankly. Nothing made out of plastic/rubber/silicone that small should ever cost more than that.

The only caveat is you drop your phone's screen directly onto a sharp edge, which I've never done. Mine usually falls out of my lap or onto the ground, and I pick it up and its fine.

The one I bought is blue and has a funky line down the back with grips on the sides :D Cheap screen protector works like a champ that came with it :D

mulhiny

Nov 15, 2008
Update NY
Zagg and otterbox defender with the built in screen protector removed. I work in a machine shop so the bulk protection and covered ports are just what I need.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

chrisftlse

Mar 17, 2010
Toulouse
Huawei P30 Pro
The only thing protecting my phone is my amazing dexterity.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Even Morgan is able to loose is dexter ity.
I was like you from over 2 years now (so no protection at all) and now after a big jump of my 3vo (glass and LCD broken) which costed me around 220€ to repair, I am reading this thread to find out the most convenient protection for daily usage.

Keep lucky Sypris:p

Runlevel5

May 12, 2012
Giengen
Hello @ all!
Well... i dont use eny protection for my Evo 3D.
I have it allways in my pocket and it gets/has no damages on the back or front.
Ok i have it since 1 month but i think there is no need for fat protectors or something else.
Ok screenprotector is ok but case?
no way for me.

papaver

Jan 22, 2012
screen protection :) and sometimes one of theese (pictures) :)

sent from my HTC - jic.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336928404751.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336928404751.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 145

Runlevel5

May 12, 2012
Giengen
Such bag for some situations i think its ok.
But allways?
I dont need that.
Have something like that (from my wife :D) for extreme situations where i need to protect my phone.
But in normal situations i dont need that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sprint's TEP :D
    Ballistic HC! I often throw my phone around just to freak people out :p

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2
    Zagg and otterbox defender with the built in screen protector removed. I work in a machine shop so the bulk protection and covered ports are just what I need.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Ya metal shavings suck when they stick to the speaker.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
    Ballistic HC. Thinking of trying to mod (Dremel) it to fit an extended battery, but I worry about borking the kickstand if I do. Anyone try this yet? I've seen it work on different Evo's.

I did it a few months ago and its still going strong!
    Infact I just ordered the new version so i'm gonna do a V3!

V1 one was a bit rough but the pics below are V2 with no loss of kick stand and still fits in the holster with and without outer! :p

I just used a dremel with a 25mm saw attachment to cut the hole.
    Then some stuff called Q Bond which is a 2 part filler powder and glue to fill the gap and re-bond the 2 parts.
    I then used Miliput Black epoxy putty to smooth the outside. the 2nd to last pic is a aftermarket battery cover that I modded to fit, otherwise you cant use the vol and pwr keys!
    the reason its that shape is so the phone doesnt move inside the case + I messed it up abit with V1:eek:

Next time i'll use an original back cover for a slightly better fit inside and just cut a hole for the battery to poke through.

It works though man, when I first cut the case I was like..what have I done!? but with some patience and careful measuring to make the battery fit inside, it certainly can be done and its lasted some daily abuse from me.
    It only comes out of the case for the odd battery pull and some dust clearing form the inside.

The reason I'm getting the new version is so I dont have to used the silicone outer for the dust plugs + the HC screen protector is now seriously scratched up from stone dust...a good thing as it proves its protecting my phone :D