[ROM][BETA][ICS 4.0.4] Nikez Lente [1.0.1b2][05.07.12]

Search This thread

LaidbackNikez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 17, 2011
nikez.nu
Hey thanks for this rom man .:good:

I Installed the new version a while back, but im having some data(edge) related issues.

I keep it on the entire time but after installing the new version the data sometimes turns off by itself and i then have to turn it off and on again.

Any help??

Argh. Too bad I am on my phone otherwise I would have dropped the YUNO-bomb. Anyone could drop it for me?

aardappel12

Dec 9, 2010
ehmmmmm....what's the YUNO BOMB? XD

Check one post above yours..

Y U NO OPEN YOUR EYES.

Edit:
22944524.jpg

Last edited:

Spierbal

Nov 7, 2011
Nederlander in Engeland
Reactions: Bojan155

leojai

May 30, 2008
I downloaded the ROM and installed. It is very smooth.
There is one problem. The speed connecting to Internet is very slow. No matter 3G or Wifi. Is there any method to solve it?
Thanks

Bojan155

May 3, 2012
Amsterdam
I downloaded the ROM and installed. It is very smooth.
There is one problem. The speed connecting to Internet is very slow. No matter 3G or Wifi. Is there any method to solve it?
Thanks

Tested 3G now from within a moving bus with speedtest.net and got 2.5 mbps from the 3.6 mbps in my contract so very good speed. On wifi I get between 15 and 18 mbps. Browsing is fast/normal for me.

EDIT:

If you feel it is not your install (I bet it is) you could also try a tweak for your build.prop (/system). Try adding these lines in the end of your build.prop, reboot and test.

Code:
net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

Sent from my HTC Desire

Last edited:

DikkieDick

Jun 2, 2008
new build is working great so far. new google play version is working aswell.
only problem is that go keyboard gives me reboots while installing/using

In 1.0.1b1 Go Keyboard crashes when I want to use it to modify contacts (or at least I've noticed it there, not in Tweetdeck or Titaniumbackup f.e.).
Update: bit later, also problems in Titaniumbackup. Had to revert back to Android keyboard, restored Go Keyboard 1.6.1 and now it seems to be fine (again).

Last edited:

LaidbackNikez

Feb 17, 2011
nikez.nu

DikkieDick

Jun 2, 2008
Well, ICS works fine enough for me. It's the most stable ROM I found sofar.
A decent income is more important, so for me you don't have to put too much effort in JB. ;-)

tuxy81

Dec 30, 2010
Short answer: Probably

Long answer:
It depends on much how much time and money I have :) (Can't work and develop at the same time, I've tried. I will try to take a week off from work to work on JB but that means less income) :p Time = money, and I am a student :p

Nikez, i'm just a noob, but i'm going to learn. If you need, step by step of course, i can give you an help.
Just to keep ours beloved devices until the next nexus smartphone :D
And, if ics go very well on Desire i suppose that with the JB's project butter it will only better. What do you think about?

LaidbackNikez

Feb 17, 2011
nikez.nu
Nikez, i'm just a noob, but i'm going to learn. If you need, step by step of course, i can give you an help.
Just to keep ours beloved devices until the next nexus smartphone :D
And, if ics go very well on Desire i suppose that with the JB's project butter it will only better. What do you think about?

Great! But it takes time to learn everything ya'know?
Well hopefully JB will run fine :)

Reactions: Bojan155 and tuxy81

tuxy81

Dec 30, 2010
Great! But it takes time to learn everything ya'know?
Well hopefully JB will run fine :)

Of course, i'm noob not stupid :p in fact i say step by step, maybe slowly, but i want and need learn ;)

I've already bought two android books in my language, do you have some suggestion for start?

EDIT
if you don't want spam in this topic we can continue by pm or email ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    homescreen.gif

This is for stock hboot
    Image by Bojan155

Download

Nikez Lente 1.0.1b2

Latest news for Jelly Bean
    Last updated: 14.07.12

Why should I choose this ROM?
    This ROM is aimed to be light and as close to AOSP as you can get.

New channel on IRC, visit:
    #ics_lente at IRC, server irc.freenode.net

Changelog, known issues, F.A.Q, installation guide and the latest news are available here

Credits: All testers and Evervolv

Sources are found at: github.com/Evervolv
    Kernel source: https://github.com/Evervolv/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k
    Homescreen result

Result of the homescreens I received by mail! Thanks to: aledex, Bernhard, chichoko, Christoph M., Cixpa, guggi4, ironjon, kartnite, KuliX, mld0491, Nadir, Patrick W., Pmx, Spierbal, street675, TRSolebum, Tuxy81 and zisoft for sending me your home screens. :good: :laugh:

warning; large images.

homescreen.gif

homescreen_collection.jpg

I still need to talk to Nikez on where we'll incorporate them. I think it is a really nice collection, and cool to see how every each one of us has customized his own Nikez Lente ICS ROM. :)
    Hi guys,

I just wanted to inform you guys that I now have a working display running on Jelly Bean :)
    For more news, screenshots and status updates visit my website

Donations and clicks at the right places are very much welcome!

Ps. MidnightDevil: This was the thing you should have waited for :)
    Hi again guys

I have even more stuff working, so head to my website and read the latest news!

By the way, I'll stop posting "that I have news" here, visit my website instead.
    Hi guys

I got the desire to boot on Jellybean :) (No display, nothing works. But now it boots atleast!)