Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
fastboot devices...

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

C:\Users\brandon\Downloads>fastboot devices
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file. and the file i am using is... TWRP212.img but i haven't gotten to the point where i can flash it

and while in fastboot my phone says fastboot command read error -2147483647 on the very bottom of the screen

Type in. Fastboot flash TWRP212.img and see what happens

Sent from a phone...

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Is that the folder fastboot.exe located? Or do you have your android-sdk location in your PATH$ ?

Sent From My Toro+ via SkyBlue Tapatalk

U

UslessSniper001

I have a GSM GNexus but I had watched a video to unroot your phone all you needed to do was delete SU and the binaries. Would that still work rather than all those complex methods out there.

socorkid

Jun 18, 2010
Anaheim
Question for you friend..I already have clockworkmod on my galaxy nexus...but I rather have twrp...how do I switch just down load zip and flash through clockwork mod??

Asimos CPU

afgomar

Sep 15, 2010
Los Angeles
fastboot devices...

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

C:\Users\brandon\Downloads>fastboot devices
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file. and the file i am using is... TWRP212.img but i haven't gotten to the point where i can flash it

and while in fastboot my phone says fastboot command read error -2147483647 on the very bottom of the screen

i have the same problem. im on 4.1.1

im pretty sure drivers are correctly installed because i just did odin and it worked fine but now its giving me the same error as this guuy

Dec 18, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I got bored and went ahead and updated the boot.img etc to add root to stock jellybean. I flashed and tested with Root Checker from the market. Feel free to use and update OP. This will only work with jb, it will not boot with ics.

Attachments

• torosp-root-tool-jb.iwantyourskulls.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 99
Reactions: javi_06 and k0lega

AnaBear

Dec 11, 2011
Hi just rooted my gnexus as followed by qbking videos and once he says "now you are rooted the phone will reboot, please allow it to take time to reboot" well now its stuck at the main screen where it says google and has the unlock button at the bottom and its been already 25 minutes any advice?

Dec 18, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Did you update to Jellybean before you rooted? The files he linked are for Ice Cream Sandwich and will not work with Jellybean. Try flashing my attachment above.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

k0lega

Jun 4, 2011
Ohio
I got bored and went ahead and updated the boot.img etc to add root to stock jellybean. I flashed and tested with Root Checker from the market. Feel free to use and update OP. This will only work with jb, it will not boot with ics.

I really appreciate this post:) I just got a GNex and updated to 4.1.1. Happy someone updated the img. Thanks

AnaBear

Dec 11, 2011
Did you update to Jellybean before you rooted? The files he linked are for Ice Cream Sandwich and will not work with Jellybean. Try flashing my attachment above.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Thank you I will try to flash that one but now is another issue I came across I try to go back and flash that old one and now I'm getting the triangle with the "!" on it so I can't go into recovery mode. Any advice on that thanks in advance.

AnaBear

Dec 11, 2011
Never mind its been fixed. Finally rooted. Thanks again team. Is there an update for getting free hotspot because the video that I followed is not working any other methods? Thanks.

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
I can't even install SDK Manager. :(
I click on the exe and I see a quick flash of a program and then nothing. I tried to run as Admin and same thing.
My GS3 was easier than this. My friends with non-Sprint GNexs said theirs came unlocked. Boo hoo.
I do have JB already installed, but that should have nothing to do with installing something on my PC.
Ooooo. Don't flame me yet. I just saw the next download in the list... I have a feeling JAVA is going to fix it all.

Fixed. Maybe put some of these instructions in the OP? I doesn't say anything about it in the video... just in the description.

Last edited:

AnaBear

Dec 11, 2011
Hey guys I'm on stock root and its time to update but every time I hit install now it takes me back to boot loader and nothing happens. Any advice thanks in advance.

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Hey guys I'm on stock root and its time to update but every time I hit install now it takes me back to boot loader and nothing happens. Any advice thanks in advance.

Do you still have the bootloader unlocked? I have spent the last 12 hours Odin flashing every stock firmware version because I tried a random ROM and I lost all signal/modem isn't working suddenly... But I just realized that I never re-locked my bootloader so I haven't technically flashed a full stock build yet because of one fastboot or adb command that I can't remember because I forgot the most minute detail.. .what's that lock command?? Is it fastboot OEM lock? Damn I wasted hours... I am slippin' as I get older

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts