Simple performance gain for Xperia SP

Search This thread

emcom

Oct 23, 2012
Moto Z2 Play
Xperia XZ2
Hi all,

Today I have accidentially discovered something that helped my Xperia a little bit.
I started to look into its lag and performance problems after playing for a while with my wife's Motorola Moto G.
By the way, Moto G is a small miracle I'd say.

So I started to investigate for potential source of problems for Xperia. Then... I disabled the "Google search" app (yes, that one on the top of main screen). And the phone works much, much better now !

This is no problem for me as I never used this search bar. But just to confirm, maybe others could also try out if it helps them, too ? It's easily reversible.

Reactions: titilev

kaushal9119

Aug 9, 2013
Mumbai
Even i did the same thing and it does really help. My phone is as smooth as it should be. Zero lags. And i love the xperia themes;)

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Free mobile app

ShinOrochiX

Mar 7, 2012
London
Hi all,

Today I have accidentially discovered something that helped my Xperia a little bit.
I started to look into its lag and performance problems after playing for a while with my wife's Motorola Moto G.

So I started to investigate for potential source of problems for Xperia. Then... I disabled the "Google search" app (yes, that one on the top of main screen). And the phone works much, much better now !

This is no problem for me as I never used this search bar. But just to confirm, maybe others could also try out if it helps them, too ? It's easily reversible.

Yeah, I agree, Google search (incl. Google Now) drains a lot of battery even when unused-it runs in the background. Also the Moto G is great, my bro and dad own it, I am thinking of getting it as well. :fingers-crossed:

Ungewiss

Nov 14, 2013
can you search anything in browser afterwards?

Of course, since it has nothing to do with this app.

I disabled google search directly after I bought the phone. It runs extremely smooth especially with 4.3.

Google Search app is just for the widget, google now and all of the background stuff it brings - which is definitely a reason for slow devices and battery drain.

Last edited:

le grande magnetto

Jan 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A71
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Of course, since it has nothing to do with this app.

I disabled google search directly after I bought the phone. It runs extremely smooth especially with 4.3.

Google Search app is just for the widget, google now and all of the background stuff it brings - which is definitely a reason for slow devices and battery drain.
for me it was not possible.. neither searching from web page nor from address bar. nothing happened.

QBerto

Sep 30, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
for me it was not possible.. neither searching from web page nor from address bar. nothing happened.

For me the 'Google now' icon when long tap home change to search button (a magnifier instead google logo), and then open browser in google.com.... I was using dolphin browser, maybe try this?

also, I didn't notice any improvement in perfomance disabling google search.... but I have no Google Play services drain or anything....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,