[APP] SEX2 Battery Enhancer BASIC v0.1 (taskbar battery icon percenage)

Search This thread

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
BATTERY ENHANCER FOR THE XPERIA SE-X2

BASIC Version 0.1
[It will only change the battery icons set & activate the 1% readings]​

- This is the taskbar battery icons set I am currently using
- It displays 1% increments charge readings on the taskbar battery icon
- Specifically made for the SE X2

2ppeq9w.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS:
1- Download the CAB installer and copy it to your phone
2- Open File Explorer and tap the CAB to install
3- Install into Device, NOT memory card
4- Turn OFF the phone for changes to apply
Enjoy the battery readings :)

NOTICES:
- Install Microsoft sofware developers kit certificates first (sdkcerts.cab)
- Should required, it can be removed at settings -> system -> remove programs

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:
- To Ethermind for the improved battery driver
- All 100 icons are my own work and were originaly developed for the X1, for this version I modified the phone canvas DLL to fit the X2

Last edited:
Reactions: kingarthas

anothadave

Mar 6, 2009
many thanks gtrab. top notch as always. did you ever get around to porting across the F series icons to wm 6.5?? i had them on my X1, i certainly miss them on the x2! i think they all worked apart from the signal icon.

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
regarding the F series, it is a LOT of work: it took me more than 40 labour hours to edit thee DLLs with all the selected icons from forum members and some original icons
new icons especially require a lot of time

but I am getting bored of the icons and I may do it all again :D

REGARDING the interface shown in the shots, its SPB professional panel
It comes preinstalled !!!
Very customizable desktop-like idea of moving interactive items around
;)

BRAIN_STEW

Apr 27, 2010
This works a treat and saves having to click all over the place to find out the battery level.

anothadave

Mar 6, 2009
regarding the F series, it is a LOT of work: it took me more than 40 labour hours to edit thee DLLs with all the selected icons from forum members and some original icons

REGARDING the interface shown in the shots, its SPB professional panel
It comes preinstalled !!!
Very customizable desktop-like idea of moving interactive items around
;)

i think the only icon that doesnt work is the signal icon, the bars dont appear. all the other icons seem to work fine.. but i can appreciate its a time consuming job. they do look way better than the boring white standard icons.

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
i think the only icon that doesnt work is the signal icon, the bars dont appear. all the other icons seem to work fine.. but i can appreciate its a time consuming job. they do look way better than the boring white standard icons.

regarding the F series,

even when all other icons seem to work, they were cooked over WM6.1 DLLs, so the original WM6.5 DLLs are overrided and replaced by the older OS ones

you may not notice it, but some system bugs may arise when running old OS DLLs (6.1) under a new OS (6.5), that's why I don't recommend using it under WM6.5 even when it does partially work

anothadave

Mar 6, 2009
yeh i get what u mean. i only tried it for a few minutes, when i saw the signal icon didnt work i removed it.

caliban2

Mar 9, 2009

gtrab making a taskbar again? :eek: thought i'd never see the day... :D

sounds great!!! but how about X-series? i already wanted to do it myself, but for 6.5.x there are some icons missing. and so far i've been too lazy to make them... (as that includes reverse-engeneering)

pretty-please? :rolleyes:

xwing_5

May 4, 2010
Thanks so much!!

I thought I screwed up when it dod not work but I forgot to install the SDKCerts first!!

So I had to uninstall the Battery Enhancer, re-boot the phone, install the SDKCerts, reboot , re-install Battery Enhancer then reboot the phone.

Works great!! Thanks again.

xwing_5

May 4, 2010
Ok, problem.

Now the screen does not automatically flip when the keyboard is out.

Not on Internet explorer and not on the Windows screen where you can choose settings etc. . .

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Just re-booted the phone and it seems to be working.

Wierd ;(

Last edited:

xwing_5

May 4, 2010
Hi~ Im noob in installing.. can any1 spoon feed me =P?

Go to the first post/page of this thread and download the SDKCerts.cab and the SEX2BAtteryEnhancer.cab.

Using your computer and the micro USB cable that came with the phone, hook up the USB cable to the computer and the micro USB to the phone.

Gain entry to your memory stick on you phone using the software on your computer and put the SDK and SEX2Battery cabs on the phone memory stick. You do not need to create another folder for these cabs.

On the phone press the windows logo in the bottom left corner and scroll down to File Explorer.

Look at Storage Card under file explorer and find the SDKcerts and click it. Install to phone, NOT memory card.

Reboot phone.

On the phone press the windows logo in the bottom left corner and scroll down to File Explorer.

Look at Storage Card under file explorer and find the SEX2BAtteryEnhancer.cab and click it. Install to phone, NOT memory card.

Reboot Phone.

VIOLA!!

And dont forget to thank GTRAB fro his fine work!!

rayrence

Jul 20, 2010
thanks bro

Go to the first post/page of this thread and download the SDKCerts.cab and the SEX2BAtteryEnhancer.cab.

Using your computer and the micro USB cable that came with the phone, hook up the USB cable to the computer and the micro USB to the phone.

Gain entry to your memory stick on you phone using the software on your computer and put the SDK and SEX2Battery cabs on the phone memory stick. You do not need to create another folder for these cabs.

Look at Storage Card under file explorer and find the SDKcerts and click it. Install to phone, NOT memory card.

Reboot phone.

Look at Storage Card under file explorer and find the SEX2BAtteryEnhancer.cab and click it. Install to phone, NOT memory card.

Reboot Phone.

VIOLA!!

And dont forget to thank GTRAB fro his fine work!!

wow.. that was very detail.. i really appreciate it alot.. thank you bro.. and thank to GTRAB.. thank guy..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BATTERY ENHANCER FOR THE XPERIA SE-X2

BASIC Version 0.1
    [It will only change the battery icons set & activate the 1% readings]​

- This is the taskbar battery icons set I am currently using
    - It displays 1% increments charge readings on the taskbar battery icon
    - Specifically made for the SE X2

2ppeq9w.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1- Download the CAB installer and copy it to your phone
    2- Open File Explorer and tap the CAB to install
    3- Install into Device, NOT memory card
    4- Turn OFF the phone for changes to apply
    Enjoy the battery readings :)

NOTICES:
    - Install Microsoft sofware developers kit certificates first (sdkcerts.cab)
    - Should required, it can be removed at settings -> system -> remove programs

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:
    - To Ethermind for the improved battery driver
    - All 100 icons are my own work and were originaly developed for the X1, for this version I modified the phone canvas DLL to fit the X2