Sprint Navigation... Premium?

Search This thread

bigblueshock

Jun 26, 2010
Long Island
I remember reading in past months about people not knowing why Sprint Navigation Premium comes up on some phones and not others, as opposed to normal Sprint Navigation.

Some people called Sprint tech support on the issue, and tech support couldn't even figure out why some phones were being pushed with premium and some people.

Now I loaded up the Sprint Nav app (Specifically 2.8.1098 on android 2.2) and there's actually an option to upgrade to sprint navigation premium for $4.99 extra a month.

LOL? joke?

First tech support couldn't figure out how some phones were getting it in the first place. Now they figured it out and are charging extra for it? Okay they obviously knew and didn't want to tell anyone what was going on.

Sorry, I don't think an extra $4.99 a month is worth it for weather implementation. I think i'll hit the home button, and look at my home screen widget to see the weather, then switch right back.

I know this seems like a rant, but i'm not trying to make it seem like one. I just figured I'd let the people know who were curious about this issue of not being able to get sprint nav premium on their phones.

I actually use and like sprint navigation better than google nav. For my personal trips, routes and traffic seem a lot better.

jcantol

Sep 22, 2010
you are correct about the hole premium thing its a joke everything it gives you with prem. is actually built into the phone in one fashion or another, the biggest thing is that it lets you use speech to text w/o calling the number. i was on the phone with tech support for one of my b.b. customers for two hours with no resolve, on blackberry it teases you with premium for ten days and goes away forever no option every to upgrade