Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 RTM (*Fixed" download now)

Search This thread

medkid

Mar 3, 2007
pls upload to another host, like mediafire.com, I can't download from ftp.
thanks

CWKJ

Jul 9, 2006
Singapore
For those using WM5 & WM6 should be using <NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab>.

I have tried the beta somewhere in September.

To see the wonders of 3.5, take a look at one of the Apps called <SimpleOS> which uses 3.5.
http://www.xdaflameusers.com/viewtopic.php?pid=789#p789

Here is my experience,
I am using O2 XDA Flame which come with default .NetCF v.10 until I come across <SimpleOS> which need v3.5, so I install v3.5 beta just to try out <SimpleOS> without installing v2.0. So some other Apps which needs v2.0 did not work at all.

Not sure if the problem is in the Apps using .NetCF v1.0/v2.0 or the problem is in the .NetCF itself.

JamesAllen

Mar 10, 2007
NJ
V2.0 Removal?

I picked this up in a thread "Serious Problem Here.." in the Hermes Mobile 6 forum. Seems to indicate that V2.0 does not need to be removed before installing (in this case) V3.0.

I installed my V2.0 using an .msi file from the PC using ActiveSync 4.5. I don't see it listed in the Remove Programs list. I would like to remove it but see no way of doing so. Many others probably installed V2.0 in a similar fashion (from the MS web site). Am I correct in assuming that, if not cooked into the ROM and installed later using an .msi file from the PC, V2.0 probably can't be uninstalled?

.Net Framework co-existence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by newnoise1024
Bootloader Version: SPL-1.40.01pro
IPL-1.01

i just tried to install Framework .NET 3.0 and got this error message

[04/20/07,08:50:20] Windows Communication Foundation: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Windows Communication Foundation. MSI returned error code 1603
[04/20/07,08:57:35] Windows Communication Foundation: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Windows Communication Foundation. MSI returned error code 1603
[04/20/07,08:57:54] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Windows Communication Foundation is not installed.
[04/20/07,08:57:54] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 was not attempted to be installed.

i uninstalled any previous version, is there something i'm missing?

You're probably missing version 2.0 of the .NET framework. .NET Framework is to be left in place once installed. You should have left V 2.0 installed and added .NET 3.0. Go to www.microsoft.com/net and get version 2.0 redistributable re-installed on your machine. (If you can). If you cannot, search the KB and you may get by without rebuilding your OS.

T-Mobile Dash - Official WM 6.0

RTFW - Then Mrvanx's GUIDES!

sablesurfer

Nov 15, 2009
For anyone that finds this and needs what I needed...to get this loaded on their phones...I had the wrong thing at first.

Need to get...NETCFSetupv35.msi from microsoft.
Running this from PC installed right onto my HTC Fuze no problem. (I am on active sync)
The instructions for running cab showed up on phone screen and I just installed to device and not my card. (No reason why, other than made sense to me.)

I needed this for the Advanced Config v3. Without this all I got was an error saying that it needed newer .Net than was on phone. File now saved for posterity and future flashing.