[Kernel][Sense][Wireless N]Evo4G Stock 4.67.651.3

Search This thread

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
Exactly what the thread title says. Thanks to Captain Throwback for extracting and posting the kernel and thanks to gruesomewolf for the wireless N patch. This is ONLY for sense based roms. This is the exact kernel that comes with the newest OTA update with a patch for wireless N. I did not build this I just simply put it together and figured I would post it so you wouldn't have to dig through threads.

Remember to wipe Dalvik and System Cache and always wipe front to back.

Kernel Version:
2.6.35.10-g4b48446
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Wed Dec 21 16:37:11 CST 2011

Last edited:

mexlos

Dec 30, 2010
If you know how to add SBC, please do, and watch the thanks roll in. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
Would need source code for that mod, wireless n patch is only a hex edit to one file. SBC is a bit more complicated.

Ya considering nobody created an SBC for the 4.54 kernel, I really don't think it is at the top of anyones priority list. Hey Ca1ne, can you create a condensed (stock) quick settings pulldown with no recent apps. I can't seem to get everything to compile correctly. I asked in the other thread but I'm getting no response.

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
Thanks for posting this. I was just about to add it to my kernel post (I also modded the module to enable wireless N), but now I don't have to. I'll just have to update my post over on themikmik . . .

It's the least I can do for all you great Devs here at XDA land. I'm really not a dev but I know the basics so I can help with the little stuff and let you guys focus more on the bigger fish.

Reactions: nolimit06

ca1ne

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 16, 2011
East Coast
Ya considering nobody created an SBC for the 4.54 kernel, I really don't think it is at the top of anyones priority list. Hey Ca1ne, can you create a condensed (stock) quick settings pulldown with no recent apps. I can't seem to get everything to compile correctly. I asked in the other thread but I'm getting no response.

Try this one out and let me know if it works, then I can make a flashable zip

... its stock quick settings with no recent apps... (ex: no volume, no tweaks app, etc)... could you let me know if it works and I will update my theme thread, the collection thread, and for fun I'm going to post the diff file so everyone can see the changes made..

**removed link since i messed up lol... new post with new link

Last edited:

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
Try this one out and let me know if it works, then I can make a flashable zip

... its stock quick settings with no recent apps... (ex: no volume, no tweaks app, etc)... could you let me know if it works and I will update my theme thread, the collection thread, and for fun I'm going to post the diff file so everyone can see the changes made..

Trying it now. Sorry it took so long I had to go to the gym and test out my new neon green Android Nikes.

IMAG0054-M.jpg

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
Ya it didn't like that Ca1ne. I put into a .zip and cleared dalvik and cache and when I booted there was no status bar. I'm sure you will get it ironed out.

Diablo67

Trying it now. Sorry it took so long I had to go to the gym and test out my new neon green Android Nikes.

IMAG0054-M.jpg
Holy cow those are bright,no need for reflectors.

Setup android development environment
Clone the github of the kernel you want.Grab the .c file for the sbc mod and add it to the proper directory of the kernel git clone/source directory
Pull the config.gz from the device and use that to create a "generic" build config
Compile the kernel, flash, test.

http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html

I'm no developer,but i read this somewhere,i thought this might help someone,that wanted to give it a go.

Last edited:

ca1ne

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 16, 2011
East Coast
Ya it didn't like that Ca1ne. I put into a .zip and cleared dalvik and cache and when I booted there was no status bar. I'm sure you will get it ironed out.

ok figured out what i did wrong.. changed out the guts of the wrong file into the systemui.apk lol... like I said in the pm a bit rusty... try out this flashable zip... Let me know if it works and i'll do the updates i promised earlier..

Attachments

• QS-4.67.zip
    688.6 KB · Views: 33

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
ok figured out what i did wrong.. changed out the guts of the wrong file into the systemui.apk lol... like I said in the pm a bit rusty... try out this flashable zip... Let me know if it works and i'll do the updates i promised earlier..

Can you create one that doesn't include brightness and auto rotation. I don't know how to dig into it and remove things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Exactly what the thread title says. Thanks to Captain Throwback for extracting and posting the kernel and thanks to gruesomewolf for the wireless N patch. This is ONLY for sense based roms. This is the exact kernel that comes with the newest OTA update with a patch for wireless N. I did not build this I just simply put it together and figured I would post it so you wouldn't have to dig through threads.

Remember to wipe Dalvik and System Cache and always wipe front to back.

Kernel Version:
    2.6.35.10-g4b48446
    htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
    Wed Dec 21 16:37:11 CST 2011
    I might bake this into my next project.If its all good with you that is.This is your release.

If you want for fun, you can go to system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko

open it in hex editor, search for the two occurrences of nmode, replace nmode with something like -----

Save, and you have working wifi n on the stock kernel...

or just use MJ's, but I always find it more fun to do it oneself.
    Thanks for posting this. I was just about to add it to my kernel post (I also modded the module to enable wireless N), but now I don't have to. I'll just have to update my post over on themikmik . . .

It's the least I can do for all you great Devs here at XDA land. I'm really not a dev but I know the basics so I can help with the little stuff and let you guys focus more on the bigger fish.
    Can I flash this with Tommy T's Evo Supermagic 0.0.6 ? That would be great if I can!

Has been working great for me with that Rom.