[ROM][KANG][2012.09.16] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Milestone XT720

Search This thread

nitu_vats

Nov 15, 2007
hello all, might be a very simple question but i need to know

1. can Peshovec test branch releases be applied as update on CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Milestone XT720.
2. what are the visible benefits to user (not technical)

Regards
Sandy

alekos-ep91

Mar 25, 2011
GR
hi guys
just flashed the rom in my xt720 but i have some questions...
1)can i use the xenon flash as a flashlight?
2)in the video settings i chose wide(30m) and i got a force close of the camera....when i changed to high i managed to record video with success, anyone having this problem?
3)in video mode i see some lines to the screen like parasites...
much better quality thought than the 2.1 stock rom where i had this parasite lines much stronger....its a hardware or software problem?

thanks!!!

ndempist

Apr 12, 2011
Yogyakarta
hi guys
just flashed the rom in my xt720 but i have some questions...
1)can i use the xenon flash as a flashlight?
2)in the video settings i chose wide(30m) and i got a force close of the camera....when i changed to high i managed to record video with success, anyone having this problem?
3)in video mode i see some lines to the screen like parasites...
much better quality thought than the 2.1 stock rom where i had this parasite lines much stronger....its a hardware or software problem?

thanks!!!

try to answer.

1. you cant use xenon for flashlight, only can use the red light, built in torch program.
2. when i tried on wide first time i cant launch it (but not force close), 2nd time works fine. same with high seting.
3. try use it on outdoor or not in low light. in low light will apperars something like you said (like parasite), but not in bright place.

Reactions: alekos-ep91

alekos-ep91

Mar 25, 2011
GR
try to answer.

1. you cant use xenon for flashlight, only can use the red light, built in torch program.
2. when i tried on wide first time i cant launch it (but not force close), 2nd time works fine. same with high seting.
3. try use it on outdoor or not in low light. in low light will apperars something like you said (like parasite), but not in bright place.

1)too shame
2)after a restart i dont have this problem any more
3)i tried it...you are right...on outdoor this parasites disappiared...

thanks

what about the battery percent %....is there any 1% mod??

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Are kernel doesn't support 1% battery.
Leave it alone.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

peshovec

Nov 11, 2010
hello all, might be a very simple question but i need to know

1. can Peshovec test branch releases be applied as update on CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Milestone XT720.
2. what are the visible benefits to user (not technical)

Regards
Sandy

1. Yes it can be updated (basically update delete whatever there is in system partition and write the new content in it). I just update, delete the dalvik-cache

2. Visible
-- to small by default (have to use one of the lcd change scripts),
-- almost no auto nothing (e.g. your sdext applications will not work out of the box),
-- no Gapps by default (you have to install them separately)
-- playlka :) you can start the music, when screen is locked with the media key (actually it copies the behavior of the headset button), you can use camera key (when screen locked and music is playing) to toggle play/pause
-- when taking pictures (including 6M wide (advertised as 8mp wide in stock)) , rotation is correctly written in the files
-- during video recording, pressing gently camera key will autofocus
-- i am not sure about hdmi difference right now, but stock MediaGallery is claimed to work as expected (as the video too)
-- usb and wireless tethering (cm7 native) are working (although some patch for linux side is required for the usb one)
-- not-usable leftovers of the stock camera and stock camcorder
-- doesn't include the Mio's fix for sensors (needed if you use the modsbf)

-- others, which i missed (if any)

jjackichan

May 31, 2011
Hello, i installed this CM7 yesterday.
But i have bad battery life (near 1 day with normally use), it drain my battery faster than CM6 a lot.
Any advice for me? :p
P/S: I saw something call sleep in this rom, do i need to use it? I'm using screen off and lock app.

B_e_n

Aug 16, 2010
Paris
me too my battery dont last for a day.

Me too
But it is not always the same... I had "normal" battery last (10 to 12hours in normal use) but sometime it uses a lots more
one day the battery drop from 50 to 15% in 1hour (maybe one and a half) of heavy use... But after a reboot it come back to normal.
Which rom do you use? The last one? I m using the 2012/02/08 version

opiswahn

Jul 6, 2009
Is there any way to fix the tethering? BTW, what is the problem with that. Except that it isn't working ;)
Would be really cool if you guys could fix that, i really need it, but i want to keep this ROM, by far the best i've had in the xt720!

kousik

Nov 28, 2010
Bangalore
My phone application is crashing frequently. These calls ring and then the app crashes. It doesn't even register a missed call. And bad part is, after that it goes to SIM unlock page, so if I wasn't paying attention, further incoming call not possible until I notice and supply sim unlock code.

Anyone else seeing the same?

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
What's new in this build ?

It's been updated to the latest CM7 development code? Even we don't know all the changes the CM team makes... at best we just know the ones that affect the port-specific code...

That's one of the challenges of the way the code is spread into hundreds of sub-components in separate git repositories. You can find the change log for each specific component on github, but actually hunting through them all will result in probably hundreds of obscure commits that are difficult to understand and put in context unless you're familiar with a particular subsystem... and well, I'm only partially familiar with some of them on a need-to-know basis (and I assume fj's approach is similar). The code base is huge and moves quickly. The exact build you're going to get will depend on exactly when fjfalcon ran "repo sync".

On CM6 I added a repo-default.xml.gz file that records the current state of the repositories and puts it on the phone--the idea is that anyone should be able to exactly reproduce the build. In theory if we did that in CM7 we could automatically generate a list of new commit messages between builds. But I can almost guarantee you don't actually want to see them--based I me having looked at them. Here's the commit history for just one of the 100 or so repositories:
https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/android_frameworks_base/commits/gingerbread
(we have to maintain a fork of this one to keep XT720-specific changes intact). In this case it looks like a lot of the changes to that one repository have to do with fingerprint detection on some devices. But other subcomponents probably have all sorts of different changes. When CM makes a final 7.2 release, they'll probably consolidate an overview-style change log.

At this point probably 98% of the recent changes could be simply called "bugfixes"

Last edited:

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
It's been updated to the latest CM7 development code? Even we don't know all the changes the CM team makes... at best we just know the ones that affect the port-specific code...

That's one of the challenges of the way the code is spread into hundreds of sub-components in separate git repositories. You can find the change log for each specific component on github, but actually hunting through them all will result in probably hundreds of obscure commits that are difficult to understand and put in context unless you're familiar with a particular subsystem... and well, I'm only partially familiar with some of them on a need-to-know basis (and I assume fj's approach is similar). The code base is huge and moves quickly. The exact build you're going to get will depend on exactly when fjfalcon ran "repo sync".

On CM6 I added a repo-default.xml.gz file that records the current state of the repositories and puts it on the phone--the idea is that anyone should be able to exactly reproduce the build. In theory if we did that in CM7 we could automatically generate a list of new commit messages between builds. But I can almost guarantee you don't actually want to see them--based I me having looked at them. Here's the commit history for just one of the 100 or so repositories:
https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/android_frameworks_base/commits/gingerbread
(we have to maintain a fork of this one to keep XT720-specific changes intact). In this case it looks like a lot of the changes to that one repository have to do with fingerprint detection on some devices. But other subcomponents probably have all sorts of different changes. When CM makes a final 7.2 release, they'll probably consolidate an overview-style change log.

At this point probably 98% of the recent changes could be simply called "bugfixes"

Yeah more than I need to know or can try to understand! Lol. I can hardly understand what the heck you guys are talking about not alone a "Github" Lmao! Thanks Mz and thanks a bunch Fj! Trying it now!

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Can somebody please post the link for the proper Gapps? Or I guess I forgot, no need for gapps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom compiled from CyanogenMod7 vanilla source, android 2.3.7 — for Milestone XT720.

Link:
    Archive

Peshovec test branch releases:
    20120123 build

Installing instructions:

Install milestone default 2.1 rom(Russian, CBW, Singapore, whatever);
    Root it with androot or superoneclickroot.
    Install last openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae.
    Download update, put it to /sdcard/openrecovery/updates and update it in openrecovery.

One man making and one man standing.. it's good... yes.
    But when team working together - that much better.
    For that we make "organization" in github, where everyone can commit his patch to source.
    So, everyone may join to our "organization" =)

https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720

Credits:
    CyanogenMod Developers,
    Quarx,Xvilka,Dexter, Mioze7Ae, Stifley, nadlabak, dateno1, j.y.daddy, easye420, mchlbenner, mediaon, peshovec, Skrilax_CZ, khalpowers, wanted, hellmonger, stlifey, Epsylon3
    People, there to many of you. Just THANK YOU for everyone who help me and who make this rom possible.
    Updater app

Here's a first attempt at an updater app. It's a port of milaq's cm4mm-updater for CM6.3 https://github.com/milaq/cm4mm-updater (which I understand is a continuation of a pre-RomManager CyanogenMod updater). At the moment, all I've done is change the default URL that the updater uses to read the available ROM list. Currently, it's probably more interesting to developers so don't get all whiny.

Some Notes:
    • Available ROMs are configured in the update_file.json file at https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/cm4mm-updater-manifest -- the updater downloads and parses that file
    • Actual ROMs get pulled from https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/android/downloads
    • ROMs can be marked stable ("S") or experimental ("X")...
    • The default preference is to not display experimental ROMs...
    • The only ROM currently available *is* marked experimental (it's fj's 18112011) -- so if you run this you won't see any ROMs until you manually change the preference
    • ROMs are downloaded directly into the /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates folder
    • milaq puts cm4mmupdater.apk in prebuilt/app on CM6.3
    • There's a nice mechanism for including change logs, but I didn't do that. Look at milaq's *.json for a better example.
    New build, fixed camera recording.
    New build, new memory tweaks, new kernel tweaks, market identification fixed.. i hope.