Anyone got Adobe Flash problems after ICS?

Search This thread

deadman3000

May 27, 2006
Since ICS Flash makes all my browsers freeze up when trying to play Youtube content (especially fullscreen mode).

asusnoob

Jan 20, 2012
Yes i have issues playing flash video too.. i cant get twitch.tv to work. I have tried opera, dolphin and stock browser.. it was workibng fine before ics

wzseow

Dec 17, 2011
hey yeah same problem here.

even tried with chrome browser and still can't play flash

mipr

Feb 21, 2012
Hmm, I tried flash in Dolphin on OTA ICS and it seems to be working OK. At least I was able to play YT clips. Maybe uninstalling and installign flash again will help? Or clearing its data/cache via applications management?

deadman3000

May 27, 2006
I cannot find anywhere to clear the cache on Flash. I can only uninstall/reinstall it. All I get is a grey window when I try to play any videos on youtube. If I force the user agent to desktop mode in Dolphin for instance it will play but if I try to fullscreen it it will just hang.

EDIT: I found a workaround. The default browser sends you to m.youtube.com and if I try to play a video it just gives me a grey rectangle. However if you press the rectangle the seekbar comes up. If you then press the seekbar advance a little it will then play fine and you can even fullscreen it. Nice big fat bug there though.

Last edited:

randolphslim

Jan 5, 2011
Washington, DC
Flash Solution for ICS if it appears broken

Since ICS Flash makes all my browsers freeze up when trying to play Youtube content (especially fullscreen mode).

To fix Flash in ICS, follow these steps:

1. Wipe Data & Cache for the Flash App
2. Uninstall the Flash App
3. Reboot your TF101
4. Install the latest Flash from Market

Your Flash should work fine, after following the steps above. Let me know if this solved your problem.

Reactions: Thing O Doom

asusnoob

Jan 20, 2012
After i updated to ics i did a factory reset, does that count as data wiping/clearing flash cache? Flash seems to work ok for me on some sites but as mentioned before twitch.tv doesnt play on any browser. How can i clear my flash data/cache?

randolphslim

Jan 5, 2011
Washington, DC
After i updated to ics i did a factory reset, does that count as data wiping/clearing flash cache? Flash seems to work ok for me on some sites but as mentioned before twitch.tv doesnt play on any browser. How can i clear my flash data/cache?

Use Titanium Backup and Wipe App Data for Flash. You can uninstall the app in Titanium, too.

[edit: Titanium Backup is only for Rooted ROMs. You can go to apps in the Settings menu and select the Flash App if you are on a non-rooted ROM to clear data and cache, as well as unistall Flash. If it is greyed out, then there is probably no data or cache info to wipe and you can proceed to uninstall.]

Last edited:

asusnoob

Jan 20, 2012
Use Titanium Backup and Wipe App Data for Flash. You can uninstall the app in Titanium, too.

[edit: Titanium Backup is only for Rooted ROMs. You can go to apps in the Settings menu and select the Flash App if you are on a non-rooted ROM to clear data and cache, as well as unistall Flash. If it is greyed out, then there is probably no data or cache info to wipe and you can proceed to uninstall.]

My tf is not rooted. I have done what u recommended (app settings/clear cache/app data/uninstall/reinstall flash) still no luck with twitch.tv. Before ics, it was working perfectly. On another note, flash does not work at all on opera browser. Opera doesnt detect that flash is installed.

Has anyone on a non-root TF running ics got twitch.tv to work? Im starting to regret the update.

Last edited:

DarthWombat

Jan 15, 2012
G'day...

I have exactly the same problem as described in the early posts. I have tried reinstalling the Flash player repeatedly with no success. I get similar symptoms in both the stock browser and in Dolphin.

I think I'll stop trying to fix it for a while before I throw the damn thing through the window.

My unit is an un-rooted TF101G and I only got ICS update sent out last week - I thought they would have ironed out all the bugs by now. Right now all I want to do is go back to Honeycomb...

artnat

Jan 17, 2009
I had the problem when I switched to ICS Gnufabio ROM. Flash and even youtube stock player would cause problems in HD fullscreen. Videos were unwatchable. I switched to CM9 ROM - the same thing.

However, since flashing Megatron 1.0.3, flashing gapps again and with TestyMeh 1.0 kernel running @ 1.2 it suddenly started to work!

getwilde

Jan 1, 2008
I've been experiencing the same problem.

I've found that it sometimes works if I go into full-screen mode first, and then plug in the HDMI cable. It all goes black for a few seconds, but then the video shows up in fullscreen on my TV.

As for the freezes, usually I have to close the browser, kill it, open it (and sometimes repeat several times before I can even navigate back to the page), then fire up the video again. But I've found that sometimes I can just power off the device (ie tab power button to turn off display), then turn it back on after a couple seconds, and video starts playing again correctly.

What a pain, though. Never had these problems with Honeycomb.

mclogin

Jun 10, 2008
I've been experiencing the same problem.

I've found that it sometimes works if I go into full-screen mode first, and then plug in the HDMI cable. It all goes black for a few seconds, but then the video shows up in fullscreen on my TV.

As for the freezes, usually I have to close the browser, kill it, open it (and sometimes repeat several times before I can even navigate back to the page), then fire up the video again. But I've found that sometimes I can just power off the device (ie tab power button to turn off display), then turn it back on after a couple seconds, and video starts playing again correctly.

What a pain, though. Never had these problems with Honeycomb.

getwilde, I have the exact problem as you. Did you, or anyone, ever found a solution??? Please let me know..

s2003r

Apr 15, 2011
movieson.ru
Hi all, wondering if anyone found a solution to this issue? I'm on stock rom 4.0.3 (no root), YouTube play fine for me as it's html5 but any online content that uses flash player lagging badly. Will HD rom fix this issue ? Thanks
Ps: tried full wipe and installed latest version of flash player, no luck though.

Last edited:

Theziggy

Sep 14, 2012
Hi all, wondering if anyone found a solution to this issue? I'm on stock rom 4.0.3 (no root), YouTube play fine for me as it's html5 but any online content that uses flash player lagging badly. Will HD rom fix this issue ? Thanks
Ps: tried full wipe and installed latest version of flash player, no luck though.

Frederuco posted this on his 4.3 ROM tutorial
Yes and no - Adobe has dropped flash support for Android. The latest versions were for 4.0 in August 2012.

HOWEVER - You can still sideload flash. First, go to Settings - Security - Unknown Sources. Tick the box. Next, go to the Adobe Archives and download the latest version for Android 4.0. After it downloads tap on it to install it.

Flash works well in the stock Browser, Firefox, Firefox Beta and Boat Browser. Dolphin has disabled flash support for JellyBean last time I checked.

I know I sideloaded flash and it only worked when I got the right version, and to tell you the truth I haven't a clue whether it is still working as I am on KatKiss KitKat 4.4.v22 now and don't use flash pages much. I do remember a lot of people talking about sideloading Flash as the only way to get it to work.

Hope this helps.

s2003r

Apr 15, 2011
movieson.ru
Frederuco posted this on his 4.3 ROM tutorial

I know I sideloaded flash and it only worked when I got the right version, and to tell you the truth I haven't a clue whether it is still working as I am on KatKiss KitKat 4.4.v22 now and don't use flash pages much. I do remember a lot of people talking about sideloading Flash as the only way to get it to work.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply, this is exactly what I have as my setup. Flash is side-loaded but none of the ics version work. I mean they do but lagging badly. Prior the update to ics I was using flash side-loaded with no problems :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash Solution for ICS if it appears broken

3. Reboot your TF101

Your Flash should work fine, after following the steps above. Let me know if this solved your problem.

3. Reboot your TF101

Thanks! It worked for me.