[ROM][KANG][16.07.2012] CyanogenMod 9 Milestone XT720 RC

Search This thread

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
Originally Posted by fjfalcon:

I will recieve new xt720 in 2-3 weeks.

fjfalcon: So, you are getting another XT720?
I guess you don't need our help after all?
Some of us were willing to help you get an XT720 because you do great work and we appreciate it.

Last edited:

z3ck

Oct 6, 2008
Alor Setar
Hi,

i got problem with my rom during installation of app. it stuck during the installation and required me to took out the battery. every time i want to install, the same problem occur. any idea?

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Hi,

i got problem with my rom during installation of app. it stuck during the installation and required me to took out the battery. every time i want to install, the same problem occur. any idea?

Maybe try to redownload the file again, may have a corrupt copy. I installed it no problem. Had one reboot so far but probably due to milestone overclock.

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
Hi,

Which rom are you running on?

I never meet with this problem when using fjfalcon's CM9 rom.

fjfalcon

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 19, 2011
Schelkovo
Hi,

e2fsck your ext* partation. For example, run check on ext* from sdcard utils, that in openrecovery

I'm sure donations would be nice if anyone can spare it. It is definitely deserved!

Thanks =)
The only problem, that motorola lefted russia.. And i don't wont to buy our xt720 for 500$.
That too much for me for such old phone.
So, good that we have one man with nick alpha142(Murmansk, Russia) from 4pda.ru forums that donated me his own phone.
All thanks should go to him.
And ofcourse to people that support me.

Especially thanks to Mioze7ae, mchlbenner and other who tryed to send me new phone..
Mail from usa to russia is something very hard to say...

Last edited:

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Wow that is great news fj I really thought about giving up mine to ya but I just can't seem to let go of it! It is my first Android phone and we have been through so much together! Lmao. Lol

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
Hi,all,

I found RAZR can bypass stock bootloader to load a new kernel now after google 'linux内核重启'(which means 'linux kernel reboot') and trace some links today.

The link is below:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1599648
and
http://www.eternityproject.eu/topic/49-bootloader-bypass-kexec-for-motorola-razr/

The developer kholk said that this can easily be ported to all OMAP4430 devices.

Ours phone's CPU is different.

I'm thinking now that can we clone their source code to github and start working on it for XT720 and XT711 to make them support swap and so on without using pc to run 'fastboot boot boot.img' ?

Last edited:
Reactions: fjfalcon

fjfalcon

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 19, 2011
Schelkovo
Hi,all,

I found RAZR can bypass stock bootloader to load a new kernel now after google 'linux内核重启'(which means 'linux kernel reboot') and trace some links today.

The link is below:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1599648
and
http://www.eternityproject.eu/topic/49-bootloader-bypass-kexec-for-motorola-razr/

The developer kholk said that this can easily be ported to all OMAP4430 devices.

Ours phone's CPU is different.

I'm thinking now that can we clone their source code to github and start working on it for XT720 and XT711 to make them support swap and so on without using pc to run 'fastboot boot boot.img' ?

Thanks for link, i send them to Quarx, i hope now with this source he will try to make it working )
We already have some module for it.. but in won't working for now.
BTW, kexec works fine from fastboot kernel

Reactions: telnet777

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
Thanks for link, i send them to Quarx, i hope now with this source he will try to make it working )
We already have some module for it.. but in won't working for now.
BTW, kexec works fine from fastboot kernel

lol, I'm very lucky to find this link this morning.

And who is Quarx? Where can we see the process of his work on this project?

I hope bootloader bypass for milestone XT720/XT711 and Motorio XT720 will come soon!

What do you mean by "kexec works fine from fastboot kernel"?
Does kexec can only be excuted under fastboot kernel, not the stock kernel running on the phone?

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
kanger [kahng-ger] noun : A person with enough skill to compile CyanogenMod from source, but generally does not have enough coding experience to provide fixes or support.

Just seen this on the euroskank page lol

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
I meet a problem when using a version of cm7.
When use CameraMoto.apk to take picture, it is very likely that the phone not response and then force to close or had to kill this apk manually.

when selecting 'OCR' inside of CameraMoto's menu, it force to close and left the camera light on. It can only be solved by reboot the phone.

Then I use poco camera, it is better than CameraMoto. But it has same problem.

After the CameraMoto exited abnormally, something like 'already has a client' appears in logcat when clicking this apk again.
Because the CameraMoto has exited abnormally, android.hardware.Camera.release() is not called and the camera is still be locked. So when android.hardware.Camera.open(int) is called again, it failed to open camera and exited without any prompt.

I tried to kill mediaserver, then open camera successfully. But when kill mediaserver again, the phone reboot(maybe the phone think the system running with major errors).

I found that it will come back to normal after the CameraMoto has exited abnormally and wait the screen standby timeout. In my case, the CameraMoto exited without release camera. Then wait 10 minutes, the screen come to black, and the camera light off. Then CameraMoto can open camera again. So I changed the screen standby timer from 10 minutes to 15 seconds, it works!

So I want to ask a question, when the screen timeout, who released the camera?(Edit:I've found by myself.)
If this can be figured out, I can build an apk to this work.

I also googled much to sovle this probelm and found this link(try hard to use CameraMoto.apk):
https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720...mmit/3a36d300c88439d3fd906d882928e544d17cb526

Does the CameraMoto.apk can works on gingerbread perfectly?
Can I fix this kind of problems by add or repalce these files under /system directory?

Code:
/app/CameraMoto.apk
/framework/com.motorola.android.camera.jar/lib/libcaps.so
/lib/libpanorama.so
/lib/libpanorama_jni.so
/lib/libscalado.so

Thanks in advance for anyone who can give me any advice:)

Edit1:
I got more logcat.
These lines appears in logcat when then screen off and then on.
It makes the camera start to work again.
Code:
I/power   ( 2078): *** set_screen_state 0
D/SurfaceFlinger( 2078): About to give-up screen, flinger = 0x121850
W/PowerManagerService( 2078): AttributeCache cleared
W/SSM     ( 1501): no ack
I/CPUSettings( 2230): Screen off or normal max CPU freq not saved. No change.
I/ActivityManager( 2078): Start proc com.bf.sgs for broadcast com.bf.sgs/.MainActivity$ApnReceiver: pid=7865 uid=10058 gids={3003, 1015, 1007}
E/dalvikvm( 7865): could not disable core file generation for pid 7865: Operation not permitted
[B]D/CameraHal( 1497): Resetting overlay q'd buffer status to false
D/CameraHal( 1497): stopPreview
D/CameraHal( 1497): CameraHal release
D/CameraHal( 1497): deinitPvOverlay()
D/CameraHal( 1497): CameraHal destructor
D/CameraHal( 1497): setTorchParameters /0/0
D/CameraHal( 1497): Did you see AF LED Glow?!
I/HPAndroidHAL( 1497): APILOG: ExitHPLibraries
I/HPAndroidHAL( 1497): APILOG: state machine shutting down...
I/HPAndroidHAL( 1497): APILOG: components shutting down...
I/HPAndroidHAL( 1497): APILOG: all components uninitialized.
I/HPAndroidHAL( 1497): APILOG: all components destroyed.
I/HPAndroidHAL( 1497): APILOG: library shutdown complete.
D/CameraHal( 1497): CameraSettings destructor[/B]
I/power   ( 2078): *** set_screen_state 1

Who knows how to do this in apk?
And I just tested when the phone connect to pc via usb,my way mentioned is useless.
I'll get a logcat to compare and figure out why?

Edit2:
When the phone connected to pc, CameraHal doesn't restart the camera.
Code:
I/power   ( 2078): *** set_screen_state 0
D/SurfaceFlinger( 2078): About to give-up screen, flinger = 0x121850
W/PowerManagerService( 2078): AttributeCache cleared
W/SSM     ( 1501): no ack
I/CPUSettings( 2230): Screen off or normal max CPU freq not saved. No change.
I/ActivityManager( 2078): Start proc com.bf.sgs for broadcast com.bf.sgs/.MainActivity$ApnReceiver: pid=8423 uid=10058 gids={3003, 1015, 1007}
E/dalvikvm( 8423): could not disable core file generation for pid 8423: Operation not permitted
I/ActivityManager( 2078): Process com.sina.weibo.servant (pid 8408) has died.
W/ActivityManager( 2078): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.sina.weibo/com.igexin.sdk.GexinMainService in 45304ms
I/ActivityManager( 2078): Low Memory: No more background processes.
I/power   ( 2078): *** set_screen_state 1

Edit3:
I found it's the mediaserver【PID=1497】 who restart the camera. So when kill it(which let it restart) the camera can restart to work as I mentioned above.
So does anyone knows how to restart mediaserver without cell phone reboot? Any advice is appreciated.
Code:
media     1497  1     119932 21312 ffffffff afd0b93c S /system/bin/mediaserver

Last edited:

tvktmgm

Dec 23, 2009
Hi fifalcon....? Help CM9

CM9 Rom build 13/04 run better build 40/04 but the camera at FC and very slow activity:
1. / Need to fix up 60-70MB ram running slow and hot work
2. / Videorecoring not work
3. / Rom should fix works well and fast, clocking CPU 1Gb ....
4. / App Kill Further applications are operating underground.
5. / Some games do not work Fieldrunners + HD + v1.15 not work ..?

Thanks Fifalcon

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
Here's what I've done to help with internal storage on CM9.

First, always make a nandroid backup before anything else, just I'm case.

I removed all videos from /system/media/video.
fjfalcon: Maybe this could be removed in the next update?

ATTENTION : In the following step, please copy to recovery first in Menu Application Management if you think you might want to recover the apps again to system.

I went into open recovery, Other Utilities, Menu Application Management, System Apps and removed following system apps: DSPManager, email, music (I use another music player), talk (I never use it), torch, trebuchet (PLEASE INSTALL A NEW LAUNCHER BEFORE REMOVING. I prefer Apex launcher). I also removed the live wallpapers since I don't use them.

It does seem to help a little.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: telnet777

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Links:
    build time: 16:55 16.07.2012
    Google apps

Description:
    This is build of cyanogenmod 9(ics) for milestone xt720.

What works and have been tested:
    Install
    Touchscreen.
    Phone
    Gallery
    SMS
    Gps
    Camera
    CamCorder
    HWA
    How to install:

There is no specific instructions, like any other mod.
    Root->Openrecovery->Install update-> 3 wipes -> install gapps.

Other Phones bootfix:
    lwxddlqkillapp's motoroi bootfix
    telnet777's xt711 bootfix

Biggest thanks go to Quarx, if not him - i won't do this.
    Also i wish to say big thanks to
    #milestone-modding@freenode
    #cyanogenmod-dev@freenode
    #motomagic@freenode
    People from this channels really very good devs. Thank you.
    Of cource thanks to CyanogenMod Developers team.
    Thanks to CyanogenDefy team(Epsylon3, maniac103, Quarx2k)
    Thanks to nadlabak.
    Thanks to our porting guys: j.y.daddy, lwxddg.
    Thanks to xvilka, Skrilax_CZ.
    Thanks to CyanogenModXT720 team: Mioze7ae, peshovec.
    Thanks to droid-developers.
    Thanks to telnet777 and lwxddlqkillapp
    And mchlbenner, thanks to you too ;)

Good luck
    ~_~ i'am also here.. and i wish to make new build.. )
    fjfalcon created branch jellybean at CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest just now
    :-[
    Ahhh I am really missing the development here, I used to really love trying out all the new progress we used to have every day and all the things going on and now it is all gone :-( Did we lose Mz for good now too? Its very sad but it was destined. I wonder how much I can sell my XT for now?

I'm still here. I'm slowly working on a cleaned up/unified CM7 build, but I'm a little short on spare time at the moment. I've also been trying to get to the bottom of the light sensor problem when running xt720mod.sbf, but nothing to report yet--I seem to obsess over unsexy things that take forever to solve. ;)

Oh, cool! XT720 forums show up on user cp again :)
    More log:
    got ics running )
    Well... at least i see bootanimation )
    Code:
     E/HAL     ( 3240): Cannot load library: link_image[1965]:  3240 could not load needed library 'libaudio.so' for 'audio.primary.omap3.so' (reloc_library[1314]:  3240 cannot locate '_ZN7android14AudioParameter11keyFMLaunchE'...
    So, now i'm going from work to home.