CF-Auto-Root Note 3 Neo SM-N7505

Search This thread

apollonakos

Feb 21, 2009
Hello my friends.

My device Build Id is KOT49H.N7505XXUCNG5 and on Phone INFO app I see that CSC Code is ITV meaning Italy.
On autoroot.chainfire.eu right now the CF-Auto-Root-hllte-hlltexx-smn7505.zip file says it is for KOT49H.N7505XXUCOA1.

Can I use this file even though my firmware is older non the less still 4.4.2 or it will not work?

Thanks for listening to me :eek::angel:

Unknowin_man

Jul 10, 2015
Hello Peeps,

Here is the tutorial on how to root Jelly Bean 4.3 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3 Neo SM-N7505 Using CF-Auto-Root:

Prerequisites:
  1. Install the USB driver with USB debugging enabled from the Developers Tool
  2. Make a necessary backup of any important data.
  3. Make sure your device has enough battery juice in it (80%)

Step 1: Download and extract the following files:
Download:
CF-Auto-Root-hllte-hlltexx-smn7505.zip
Odin v3.09
You should get a .tar.md5 file within extracted folder. Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files. You could use any extracting software such a WinZip, Winrar or 7zip to extract files.

Step 2: Put Your Galaxy Note 3 Neo SM-N7505 In Download Mode

Now turn off your phone and wait few seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off. Then boot it into the Download Mode. To do that press and keep holding the Volume down and Home button at the same time, with these two buttons pressed press the Power Button all simultaneously. When a warning message is displayed press on the Volume Up button to continue to the process.

Step 3: Run Odin

Now run Odinv3.09.exe in as an Administrator because an Admin privilege is required to complete this installation process without any hiccups. Now connect your phone with your PC using USB cable. Once you connect, you will see a message under Odin’s message box in the bottom left-panel displaying “Added”. You should also see ID: COM port with a number and colored box in Yellow/Blue i.e. if you successfully added your device, if not then you can do the following Steps:

• Re-start the same procedure.
  • Try Uninstalling and then re-installing the drivers again and restart you pc.
  • Use different USB cable.
  • Ensure KIES is not running in the background.
  • Disable Your Antivirus.
  • Uninstall or disable any program that may be causing conflicts such as your OEM’s PC Suite or any other third party software.
  • Step 4: Staring the flashing process

In Odin, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are only two that are selected. DO NOT SELECT ANY OTHER OPTION! Click the AP button and select that file CF-Auto-Root-hllte-hlltexx-smn7505.tar.md5 you downloaded earlier in Step 1 with extension .tar.md5. Now, once you are ready, hit the START button to begin the flashing process. This process may take a minute or two to finish. Please do not disconnect your phone once Odin sets in motion. As the installation process completes, your phone will reboot itself and you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect it from the computer.

Voila, You have successfully rooted your phone:cool: :)
please update to 5.1.1 version
its not work

Reactions: Simogamer200

Simogamer200

Aug 24, 2015
come fare il root al note 3 neo lte sm-n7505 android:Lollipop 5.1.1

da poco tramite odin ho aggiornato il mio note 3 neo lte ad android 5.1.1 ma quando ho provato a rootarlo con il vostro cf-auto-root mi è andato in bootloop e l ho ripristinato perfavore se qualcuno puo trovare un metodo per rootarlo me lo dice perche ne ho bisogno vi ringrazio anticipatamente PS se chainfire publicerà un bug fixes per il cf.............. note 3 neo lte 5.1.1 potrete farci un post :pianto: :pianto:

Thank you very Much

i've try that method and successfully rooted my old phone sm-n7505 Note 3 Neo Lte , my rom has a Chinese Rom with 4.3 Android but afterwards i'll flash it to Lolipop using another Rom Countries.. anyways Thankyouu :good::good::good::good::laugh::good::angel:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Peeps,

Here is the tutorial on how to root Jelly Bean 4.3 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3 Neo SM-N7505 Using CF-Auto-Root:

Prerequisites:
    1. Install the USB driver with USB debugging enabled from the Developers Tool
    2. Make a necessary backup of any important data.
    3. Make sure your device has enough battery juice in it (80%)

Step 1: Download and extract the following files:
    Download:
    CF-Auto-Root-hllte-hlltexx-smn7505.zip
    Odin v3.09
    You should get a .tar.md5 file within extracted folder. Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files. You could use any extracting software such a WinZip, Winrar or 7zip to extract files.

Step 2: Put Your Galaxy Note 3 Neo SM-N7505 In Download Mode

Now turn off your phone and wait few seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off. Then boot it into the Download Mode. To do that press and keep holding the Volume down and Home button at the same time, with these two buttons pressed press the Power Button all simultaneously. When a warning message is displayed press on the Volume Up button to continue to the process.

Step 3: Run Odin

Now run Odinv3.09.exe in as an Administrator because an Admin privilege is required to complete this installation process without any hiccups. Now connect your phone with your PC using USB cable. Once you connect, you will see a message under Odin’s message box in the bottom left-panel displaying “Added”. You should also see ID: COM port with a number and colored box in Yellow/Blue i.e. if you successfully added your device, if not then you can do the following Steps:

• Re-start the same procedure.
    • Try Uninstalling and then re-installing the drivers again and restart you pc.
    • Use different USB cable.
    • Ensure KIES is not running in the background.
    • Disable Your Antivirus.
    • Uninstall or disable any program that may be causing conflicts such as your OEM’s PC Suite or any other third party software.
    • Step 4: Staring the flashing process

In Odin, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are only two that are selected. DO NOT SELECT ANY OTHER OPTION! Click the AP button and select that file CF-Auto-Root-hllte-hlltexx-smn7505.tar.md5 you downloaded earlier in Step 1 with extension .tar.md5. Now, once you are ready, hit the START button to begin the flashing process. This process may take a minute or two to finish. Please do not disconnect your phone once Odin sets in motion. As the installation process completes, your phone will reboot itself and you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect it from the computer.

Voila, You have successfully rooted your phone:cool: :)
    Please Don't Root using Chainfire

Hi,

Can use this method on n750??
    No, Don't use it.

Using chainfire method if you root your phone you will trip the Knox to 1 and void the warranty.
    Please note for now it is irreversible to change Knox to 0.
    Please wait till alternative method comes up because if something goes wrong Samsung service centre may not service the phone.
    It is a huge risk.
    Sincere advice please do NOT root for now.

In the above post he has mentioned N7505 and you have N750 so both are different models.

But if you want to go ahead then you need similar file which states N750 in the file name.
    Click here to get the correct file.

Check this site also.

Cheers!
    Hi there,

i can see more people have this issues of not being able to root it and soft bricked there phone.

Now i might have forgot to check usb debugging, but every else i did by the book... done this so many time.. seems i was not
    paying attention.

Now i tried to recover using the original software, but.. it seems to not exist. i have a "Dutch note 3 neo LTE, 16 gig, white"
    but the SSN code (at the back of the phone) is not to be found in the software databases of samsung.

now i have found a (nederlands = dutch) version Sammobile:

Model: SM-N7505
    Model name: GALAXY Note 3 Neo LTE
    Version: Android 4.3
    Changelist: 2477720
    Build date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 04:06:28 +0000
    Product Code: PHN
    PDA: N7505XXUANAD
    CSC: N7505PHNANA5
    MODEM: N7505XXUANAC

does anyone know if i can use this version to or what version to use?

Hi there,

Got a update here that fix my dutch NEO.

1) Rebooted PC
    2) shutdown NEO (removed Batt for 5min)
    3) removed sim and sd-card
    4) Made sure KIES was NOT running
    5) redownloaded the NEO rooting tool (the version for hexa core having odin 3.07 and CF-Auto-Root-hllte-hlltexx-smn7505.tar.md5)
    6) power up NEO in recover mode
    7) used another USB port and made sure it detected the NEO
    8) flashes it again... and it worked.

hopes this helps some of you

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

hi there, i need help, im using sm n7506v, i follow the instruction of rooting and download the right file for me, and it was succesful, but after i root the phone annoying pop up always comes it is "unfortunately, the process com.andoid process has stop, pleease help if any body know how to fix it, it turns my network connection turn on and off, thanks in advance...

hi there,

I'm not sure what can caused that. unless others have a better idea i would:

1) make sure you did not installed anything that might have upset your phone, uninstall on doubt
    2) power down device, remove battery and ds-card, wait 5 min power up without sd-card and see if it fixes it.
    3) or unroot it back using the original software, and try again and make sure you did everything correct.

if your rerooting:

unrooting:
    1) make sure you have the correct default firmware for your device. you should be able to find them at:
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ (prefer this website)
    or
    http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-G7106
    2) use lates odin, should be 3.09.
    3) find a good tutorial, you might take a look at this one:
    http://theunlockr.com/2014/06/30/how-to-unroot-the-samsung-galaxy-note-3-neo/ (please note i have NOT check this my self, just found it for you)

rooting:
    1) Make sure samsung kies is NOT running
    2) check if you have installed the correct samsung USB drivers
    3) reboot your PC, just to be sure
    4) enable developer mode in your phones setting, you can find it: general/more > phone-info/about. scroll down to build version
    and tab this 7 times. this enabled developer mode. go back one menu step you should now have a developer option added.
    go in this option and enable USB-Debugging if not already enabled.
    5) Find a good and clear tutorial, there are many
    6) you should to able to find a complete zip file containing odin 3.07 and your devices rooting file.
    7) Now power down neo, remove battery and sim and sd-card before rooting again ( this is just a precaution )
    8) Power up the neo and go in recover mode
    9) Use another USB port this time, and make sure its detected properly
    10) follow tutorial instruction (it should instruct you to connect your phone while in recovery mode and start up odin, then selecting the rooting file for your phone, wait until it stated: added and press start). Phone should reboot automatically if all when fine

Most important make sure, it is for your phone

hope you find a solution
    Go to this site : >>autoroot.chainfire.eu<<<

Search for your model number : N7500(hl3gub) or N7505 (hlltexx) .. Click on "File" & download the zip file. Compatible Odin is already there inside the zip file posted by Chainfire. So don't flash with any other Odin version. Incompatible Odin will Brick your device.

Rest of the steps are easy .. as already mentioned in this thread.

0) Extract the zip file into a folder lets say FOLD_X, everything you need is inside this folder apart from USB drivers.
    1) Install Samsung USB drivers(mentioned in this thread, worked for me) or Kies (but disable/kill Kies software after installation) (You can also take backups using Kies for the Oh ! No! Moments ;) )
    2) Boot in Download mode.
    3) Open Odin
    4) Connect USB
    5) Check the ID: COM port and "Added" message.
    6) In Odin the checkboxes ( Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes ) will be auto selected.
    7) Click on PDA, select the .md5 file, inside the folder you just extracted.
    8) Click Start and wait for the phone to restart(20 second process)

I have done it on N7505.

Cheers !