CM_Arcee's ICS Beta ROM Discussion Thread

Search This thread

hitman818

Aug 5, 2010
Does anyone else have a problem where the time is a few hours ahead in the morning after a charge?

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Last edited:

userno69

Dec 6, 2010
That's what I'm resulting to, it's no biggie.

-Sent from the @lmighty G2x CyanogenMod 9 using xda premium

How are you using Chrome at all? When I tried it, the browser opened, but lots of basic functionality either didn't work or simply crashed the browser. Has that been worked around or something? If so, is there a link to the old beta version anywhere? I'd love to use it if it works

kompheak

Jun 17, 2010
fresno
How are you using Chrome at all? When I tried it, the browser opened, but lots of basic functionality either didn't work or simply crashed the browser. Has that been worked around or something? If so, is there a link to the old beta version anywhere? I'd love to use it if it works

http://db.tt/uqW2OKLs there you go... chrome before update..

Волк

Jan 7, 2012
San Diego
Nexus 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
g2x_scrubber does not take care of everything. You should consider doing a factory reset (/data, /cache and a couple of other things) and then manually get rid of dalvik and /system.

Uh, read the script that's in it. The only thing it doesn't do is wipe dalvik but since it's contained in /data it would seem that it gets wiped with wiping data. And of course, system and cache get wiped as well.

xp99

Aug 28, 2011
With a new rom, I always do this:

1. Do a nondroid backup in case the rom doesn't work
2. Do a factory reset
3. Format /cache
4. Format /system
5. Wipe dalvik cache
6. Now install the zip
7. Fix permissions
8. Reboot into it

If you want to restore your settings and apps and the apps settings, use titanium backup before you do all this.

fiveseven808

Jun 2, 2010
I used root explorer and deleted the extra gallery apk.

-Sent from the @lmighty G2x CyanogenMod 9 using xda premium

Couldn't find an extra apk. :-( you wouldn't happen to have a screen shot would you? Also, I broke my gallery moving files around... I restored every file I touched but my gallery still doesn't exist :-(

Edit: I just tried flashing the latest gapps, and the "gallery2.apk" disappeared from my /system/app/ directory completely :[
I'd really rather not have to redo my entire ICS install.. Can anyone help me?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

Last edited:

Dale.green

Aug 27, 2011
I used a fix I read in another thread which was to use quickpic and uninstall gallery. Seems to help with battery life also

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
So like I've said before this rom is awesome and battery life is amazing... except when you actually use the phone. as per my screenshot will show lol about 5 hours while I was sleeping and the last five while I was awake. I woke up to 99% at 5 a.m. nd now its at 36% kinda hope for a medium after we hit beta lol. Still won't use gb after ics

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330277341586.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330277341586.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 374

Волк

Jan 7, 2012
San Diego
Nexus 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Couldn't find an extra apk. :-( you wouldn't happen to have a screen shot would you? Also, I broke my gallery moving files around... I restored every file I touched but my gallery still doesn't exist :-(

Edit: I just tried flashing the latest gapps, and the "gallery2.apk" disappeared from my /system/app/ directory completely :[

Uh, wipe the app data and cache. And if that doesn't work then manually delete the thumbnail cache.

Last edited:

info[]box1

May 23, 2009
-5 Eastern
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6

Its called Google gallery or gallery 2.. I deleted one of those and rebooted.

-Sent from my EGB_CM7_LG-P999 using xda premium

sambodie

Apr 24, 2011
Battery Life

So like I've said before this rom is awesome and battery life is amazing... except when you actually use the phone. as per my screenshot will show lol about 5 hours while I was sleeping and the last five while I was awake. I woke up to 99% at 5 a.m. nd now its at 36% kinda hope for a medium after we hit beta lol. Still won't use gb after ics

I am using HFS but also has this issue. The Display was the largest user of power. Went to settings display and disabled Pulse notification light. I thought I had done it before, but unchecked it earlier today and seems to be doing better.

Волк

Jan 7, 2012
San Diego
Nexus 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I am using HFS but also has this issue. The Display was the largest user of power. Went to settings display and disabled Pulse notification light. I thought I had done it before, but unchecked it earlier today and seems to be doing better.

Yea, that's a problem when you don't have auto brightness. I'm assuming Hell's going to have that in his next release (I said assume, no one can quote me on that) considering he compiled the ROM himself instead of Kanging Arcee's Kang, I'm sure it'll take a little bit for him to get everything completely smooth.

Edit: Though I guess I can't say it's not a problem when you have auto brightness, just less of one.

AbsoluteDesignz

Sep 16, 2007
New Jersey

That's good IMO. lol

I'm at 16 hrs...with pretty decent use...not super heavy but not idle either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-02-26-20-08-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-26-20-08-10.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 292

Stopfakn

Nov 21, 2011
Baltimore
Battery life on cm9 sk3 is awesome

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330314669921.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330314669921.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 261

SefEXE

Aug 1, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Slightly different camera issue.

Does anyone's camera... lag? Like I can move the phone around and the view on the screen is lagged by like 4-5 seconds(maybe a little more).

It's almost like watching a video of it.

If the solution is a full wipe, well... I'll deal for now.

bball123

Sep 19, 2011
Has anyones wifi stop working on SelfKang3? It just randomly stopped connecting...i did a wipe and tried again and still wouldnt work...

anyone have this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I feel like it deserves its own thread in the General section as the other one mainly pertains to ICS development.

Anyways, my voice to text was working flawlessly at first but not anymore. Anyone else having the same problem?

And if you're still unsure about running it, here's a short vid on it and how it runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IInyumYOtu0
    OK, so here's an update for those who haven't flashed yet. This is very stable for me so far. Of course camera is very iffy. Wifi works, data works, and I've put in some scripts and mods in mine so it flies. I will definitely make a rom based from AOSP source combined with CM_arcee 's fixes for sound, data, and camera when he releases the source. I have so many plans for this.

Sent from my G2X XDA app cuz I'm stalking your mom....
    You are right... but for me... I just need texting... calling... wifi... and web browsing... and camera... so this is perfect for me as a daily driver... :)

It's the same with me, but i hate all the people asking how to get this and that working, or how to fix the problem they are having. the ROM is not even finished yet, if something is not working for you, that's most likely because the code for it simply isn't there yet.

On the other hand I'm simply amazed at how much IS working at this point and I'm really excited to look at the code :)

Also, if you guys really love all this work that's going into this, don't forget to donate to the ones making it all happen!!!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    You are right... but for me... I just need texting... calling... wifi... and web browsing... and camera... so this is perfect for me as a daily driver... :)

For those without an external sdcard, I made a flashable zip that should replace your vold.fstab, switching sdcard and emmc. I haven't tested this. Please don't expect support. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13887091/vold.fstab.zip

EDIT: I just re uploaded the file. According to a tester it doesn't work. It does not affect bootability. I am doing some research to get this working.
    EDIT2: reuploaded the file. It should work now. Thanks death1246.