[UNBRICK] Repartition, Reformat, Restore and Rescue SDcard

Search This thread

meghd00t

Jul 13, 2011
Bangalore
OK, I had used the flashing_boot.img posted here to repartition my nook. However someone in that thread found it difficult to create a ext3 partition to add the necessary files

So here is a linux shell script to create that image with B&N Stock 1.4.2 that you can use to re partition and restore your nook tablet it will work on both 8 and 16GB versions. It will format all partitions and force you to unrooted stock 1.4.2

files are at devhost now

http://d-h.st/users/meghd00t/

It is better for you to make your own image, the script has been amended to download the files if they are missing in the current directory.

Instructions to use.
download the attached mkrepartimg.sh.gz
gunzip mkrepartimg.sh.gz
chmod 755 mkrepartimg.sh
if you already have 1.4.2 update put it in the same folder
ubuntu users check if you have kpartx installed
apt-get update && apt-get install kpartx
sudo ./mkrepartimg.sh
this will download the necessary files and create the repart.img
write the repart.img to a sdcard with dd
power off the nook completely (hold power button for 30 sec)
insert the SD card you made into the nook
force boot from USB -
either boot with n and power, wait until it turns on and off then boot normally
or
power off completely and power on by connecting usb cable to PC or charger

screen will show 3 red x and after some time it will show a green check
now remove the sd card, reboot and allow it to do the factory restore.
and you are done.

Windows users go here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1663836

I have had a few questions about the size of media partition.

You can change it very easily with sgdisk which was in my myrecovery.img and also in succulents CM 7.2 cwm images I have attached a script to download and make a suitable cwm image which you can run and then dd onto a sdcard boot into that cwm and issue these commands in a adb shell

for further details read this

Code:
sgdisk -e /dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/mmcblk0

This will write the secondary gpt label and remove the parted prompt found error fix?

Code:
sgdisk /dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/mmcblk0 -d 11 -d 10

first delete partition 10 & 11 media and userdata

Code:
sgdisk /dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/mmcblk0 -n 0:0:+12G -n 0:0:0
sgdisk /dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/mmcblk0 -c 10:media -c 11:userdata

now create both with the size you need for media (change +12G to whatever) and userdata will use the rest. and set the name of the partition

After that trigger a factory reset and that will format the partitions again or if you are already running something else first take a nandroid backup in cwm before you change the partitions and format these two in adb like this

Code:
mkdosfs -F32 -n MyNook /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
make_ext4fs -L userdata /dev/block/mmcblk0p11

again you will need my myrecovery cwm or succulents cwm these are the only ones with make_ext4fs

after formatting you can restore your nandroid backup

PS
No questions in PM please. I will not respond.

MLO - b&n 1.4.2
u-boot.bin - b&n 1.4.2
cyanoboot - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1522226
boot - clockworkmod http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1466583
altboot - b&n flashing_boot.img modified http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1554039

credits
fattire for cyanoboot
loglud for the page on hacking the kernel & boot.img
Indirect for the clockworkmod
AdamOutler for the ubuntu restore and the idea
jmeyerhead for the b&n flashing_boot.img
tselling for the partition hacks
succulent for sharing the device tree and answering all my questions on building a recovery and finally accepting all the patches.

and all the others on xda who have shrared all their knowledge and ideas that made this possible

PROs
simple no adb required
follows B&N partition table properly
keeps the Nook serial and other Information
works with all 8GB & 16GB tablets

CONs
inflexible about the 1.4.2 upgrade (otherwise no 8GB support)

You will get whatever B&N standard partition table is allowed for you device. Adam Outler suggested that I don't deviate from the B&N standard to keep the unbrick safe

Attachments

• mkrepartimg.sh.gz
    812 bytes · Views: 1,462
  • mkcwmimg.sh.gz
    735 bytes · Views: 846
Last edited:

Kirk_the_jerk

Dec 29, 2011
This is a great idea but I can't get it to go after multiple tries (different SD cards, different boot methods, etc). I suspect it may have to do with how the SD card is being formatted; is there a trick to this?

Edit: Do I need stock recovery & not CWM?

Last edited:

Thibor69

so to simplify matters for all those who have bricked their nook here is my solution

.....STUFF SNIPPED.....

Format SDCARD < 2GB, Fat32 LBA Boot
copy the contents of this sdcard/ directory on to the root of the card

How do we do this step ?? I mean I know you want us to format our SDCARD 2GB or bigger as Fat32 LBA Boot. BUT How do you go about doing that ?? What do you use ??? ADB ? DOS/Win ?

Thanks !

CRE

Feb 24, 2008
How do we do this step ?? I mean I know you want us to format our SDCARD 2GB or bigger as Fat32 LBA Boot. BUT How do you go about doing that ?? What do you use ??? ADB ? DOS/Win ?

Thanks !

Unfortunately, I can only tell you how to set it for boot and LBA in Linux or with a GParted Live disc. You may be able to do it with "Parted" via ADB. I'll try it and post back shortly.

P

Pete1612

my linux doesn't want to recorgnize adb when I'm in clockworkmod :(

CRE

Feb 24, 2008
If you're in Linux just use GParted to format the card and set the flags once the volume is created.

For those running Windows you can do this via ADB (I have to boot CWM and then go into ADB for Parted to work). This comes up often but I couldn't find a how-to on it to link to... kind of surprising that it wasn't already out there.

Format your sd card first... just personal preference so I can be sure the empty disk I'm looking when in parted is the one I want to adjust.

Open CMD as Administrator

(Type and execute what's written in blue below. Read comments in parenthesis but don't type them.)
parted /dev/block/mmcblk1
print
(verify that the disk listed is the correct one, there should only be 1 partition #1 it should be FAT32)
set 1 boot on
set 1 LBA on
print
(look at the right under "flags" to be sure that "boot" and "LBA" are now set.)
quit

exit ADB as usual or continue as needed.

EDIT: Oh and SDCARD < 2GB means 2GB or smaller. You may have issues trying to use a card larger (this includes larger cards which are partitioned smaller).

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirk_the_jerk

CRE

Feb 24, 2008
Awww.... I thought the disc was easy enough to set up. :p

I've been playing around with this and it works fine. I found it responds the same way it did for me when I did the reformatting the past couple times: The "DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR DEVICE" warning doesn't go away. There's just a red X in the upper right corner which indicates it is working and not safe to turn off the device and after a minute or two it is replaced with a green check mark at which point you press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds to turn off the device. Remove the card and power back up.

The first time I ran this I was greeted with the notice that there was a problem and to restart the device and if the error occurs again to contact B&N support. Upon restarting it went through the first boot process normally.

I've been asked about the results from the former thread. I'll host a copy of the image file I've used to repartition as they're doing at B&N (5.50GB/7.45GB) with 1.4.0. I'll host it for a week or so, but it's 270MB so if someone wants to put it on a torrent of whatever, feel free.

Do a CWM backup first. Verify the MD5 checksum of the img file inside of the zip file after you download the image, before you burn it to make sure it's not corrupt... that would suck. MD5 = ae1d489a3b33f3e69360cc8e9c0bc096 You can check the checksum in Windows using a free app called WinMD5Free and you can burn the image with Win32DiskImager. This image does NOT load a boot manager. It boots straight in and repartitions and restores 1.4.0 with no prompts. Don't boot with this image if you are ready.

ONLY FOR 16GB NTs!!! --> http://www.fadingworld.com/NT/repart.img.zip

All credit for getting this img figured out (particularly the whole getting the NT to boot after the repartitioning) goes to meghd00t and probably the folks he thanks too.

EDIT: Finally compressed the img file and uploaded it so it's down to 270MB. This is a COMPLETE image, you don't need to change anything as long as you're fine with 1.4.0 and B&N's new partitioning scheme.

Last edited:
P

Pete1612

hmm the image doesn't work on CM7 do you need to have the stock rom installed ?

CRE

Feb 24, 2008
hmm the image doesn't work on CM7 do you need to have the stock rom installed ?

I don't even need to look at the script to be quite confident that there is a check to ensure that the device "qualifies" before continuing... This is all based on B&N's own reflash system. These cards flash your NT with one version or another of the stock OS... you should revert to 1.4.0 - 1.4.2 first... They will not leave CM7 intact.

EDIT: Now megdh00t's image should still boot into cyanoboot and be able to load CWM. The image I've supplied just boots and runs the partitioning script immediately. If you're trying meghd00t's and it's not booting at all then verify the download and try booting from the card by turning off the Nook, insert the card, plug in the factory charge cable and that will turn it on and it should boot from the SD.... if that still fails try a different card. I keep a few 1GB and smaller SDs on hand just because larger SDs are problematic sometimes.

Last edited:

2013 class

Jan 4, 2012
Thank you for the image. Quick ?s. Will this image work for a NT, with CM7 running on SD card only, stock B&N 1.40? And can I use this without hooking up the NT to a computer? If so, do I just pop the SD card with the image on it and viola I am repartitioned and still have 1.40? Any help will greatly be appreciated by this newby chick. . .

CRE

Feb 24, 2008
I've used the image I posted on two NTs now and I've tried both methods numerous times on my NT. I haven't had a single problem (except for when I do it on purpose). Both of the NTs were stock, rooted NTs. I don't have CM7 and have little interest in setting it up so I can only certify that this does work on a factory NT. If you have an alternate boot manager or CWM or CM7 flashed internally then you may very well have problems. If you're booting straight from SD and nothing has been changed in the NTs internal memory then it should run with any problem.

darkquota

Nov 19, 2011
I've used the image you kindly provided CRE. It is stuck on the "Please Do NOT Turn Off Your Device. Installing New Software..."

There is a picture of a Nook in the center and a green check mark in the top right corner. How long should this take (I'm assuming it reboots itself after finishing)?

Edit:
I found your post from the previous thread:

"When I was ready to go it took several times of pressing the power button (I probably pressed every combination possible out of desperation) before it came to life. It booted up and came to the "DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR DEVICE" (or similar text) screen and a red X was in the upper right corner. Where I'm used to seeing this message go away and the Nook prompting me to eject my card before turning the device off all that happened was it remained on the warning screen but the red X was replaced with a green check mark after a couple minutes. Being paranoid, I probably left it on that screen for 30+ minutes before I finally forced it off, took out the card, booted into CWM, restored my backup image and now I'm all set! (My serial number was uneffected despite all my clumsy efforts to kill this NT). I had 1.4.0 installed and this image was made using files from the 1.4.0 acclaim_update.zip."

Thanks to you, meghd00t, and all others involved!

Last edited:

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
Hey, I have an 8gb NT sitting on my desk which is bricked. I'll check this out tonight. If it works, then for sure I'll request that my Ubuntu Recovery be removed and yours take its place in the stickies. I just ask that you consider making one for the stock partition tables.. that way it can be official stock and not just an unbrick.

2013 class

Jan 4, 2012
Cre- re repartion image

CRE, GOT YOUR P MESSAGE, NOT SURE HOW TO ANSWER PLY, BUT I WANTED TO THANK U. YES I AM BOOTING FROM SD WITH STOCK 1.4O. BUT I TAKE IT THAT I MUST CONNECT THE NOOK TO A COMPUTER, WHICH MUST BE DONE COVERTLY.:cool

meghd00t

Jul 13, 2011
Bangalore
Hey, I have an 8gb NT sitting on my desk which is bricked. I'll check this out tonight. If it works, then for sure I'll request that my Ubuntu Recovery be removed and yours take its place in the stickies. I just ask that you consider making one for the stock partition tables.. that way it can be official stock and not just an unbrick.
Thank you for the feedback.

I have remade the images as per your instructions. Now you will get exactly what B&N gives you Only changes are in using the vfat portion of the sdcard to hold the factory.zip.

If you have some hosting then perhaps the original image with the ext3 partition for the factory.zip as per the details here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23946133&postcount=21 would also work. (now image attached here as bn_142_factory_recovery.zip )

Please review and let me have your comments

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64885133/READMEv2.txt

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64885133/meghd00tr4-v2.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64885133/meghd00tr4-v2-sdimg.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64885133/bn_142_factory_recovery.zip

Attachments

• READMEv2.txt
    4 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

fcking

Jun 16, 2008
Error 404

I try to download file: bn_142_factory_recovery.zip from the link above, but get Error 404. Please, put this file back. I am still try to unbrick Nook Tablet 8Gb. Thanks a lot!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, I had used the flashing_boot.img posted here to repartition my nook. However someone in that thread found it difficult to create a ext3 partition to add the necessary files

So here is a linux shell script to create that image with B&N Stock 1.4.2 that you can use to re partition and restore your nook tablet it will work on both 8 and 16GB versions. It will format all partitions and force you to unrooted stock 1.4.2

files are at devhost now

http://d-h.st/users/meghd00t/

It is better for you to make your own image, the script has been amended to download the files if they are missing in the current directory.

Instructions to use.
    download the attached mkrepartimg.sh.gz
    gunzip mkrepartimg.sh.gz
    chmod 755 mkrepartimg.sh
    if you already have 1.4.2 update put it in the same folder
    ubuntu users check if you have kpartx installed
    apt-get update && apt-get install kpartx
    sudo ./mkrepartimg.sh
    this will download the necessary files and create the repart.img
    write the repart.img to a sdcard with dd
    power off the nook completely (hold power button for 30 sec)
    insert the SD card you made into the nook
    force boot from USB -
    either boot with n and power, wait until it turns on and off then boot normally
    or
    power off completely and power on by connecting usb cable to PC or charger

screen will show 3 red x and after some time it will show a green check
    now remove the sd card, reboot and allow it to do the factory restore.
    and you are done.

Windows users go here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1663836

I have had a few questions about the size of media partition.

You can change it very easily with sgdisk which was in my myrecovery.img and also in succulents CM 7.2 cwm images I have attached a script to download and make a suitable cwm image which you can run and then dd onto a sdcard boot into that cwm and issue these commands in a adb shell

for further details read this

Code:
    sgdisk -e /dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/mmcblk0

This will write the secondary gpt label and remove the parted prompt found error fix?

Code:
    sgdisk /dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/mmcblk0 -d 11 -d 10

first delete partition 10 & 11 media and userdata

Code:
    sgdisk /dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/mmcblk0 -n 0:0:+12G -n 0:0:0
    sgdisk /dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/mmcblk0 -c 10:media -c 11:userdata

now create both with the size you need for media (change +12G to whatever) and userdata will use the rest. and set the name of the partition

After that trigger a factory reset and that will format the partitions again or if you are already running something else first take a nandroid backup in cwm before you change the partitions and format these two in adb like this

Code:
    mkdosfs -F32 -n MyNook /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
    make_ext4fs -L userdata /dev/block/mmcblk0p11

again you will need my myrecovery cwm or succulents cwm these are the only ones with make_ext4fs

after formatting you can restore your nandroid backup

PS
    No questions in PM please. I will not respond.

MLO - b&n 1.4.2
    u-boot.bin - b&n 1.4.2
    cyanoboot - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1522226
    boot - clockworkmod http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1466583
    altboot - b&n flashing_boot.img modified http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1554039

credits
    fattire for cyanoboot
    loglud for the page on hacking the kernel & boot.img
    Indirect for the clockworkmod
    AdamOutler for the ubuntu restore and the idea
    jmeyerhead for the b&n flashing_boot.img
    tselling for the partition hacks
    succulent for sharing the device tree and answering all my questions on building a recovery and finally accepting all the patches.

and all the others on xda who have shrared all their knowledge and ideas that made this possible

PROs
    simple no adb required
    follows B&N partition table properly
    keeps the Nook serial and other Information
    works with all 8GB & 16GB tablets

CONs
    inflexible about the 1.4.2 upgrade (otherwise no 8GB support)

You will get whatever B&N standard partition table is allowed for you device. Adam Outler suggested that I don't deviate from the B&N standard to keep the unbrick safe
    Awww.... I thought the disc was easy enough to set up. :p

I've been playing around with this and it works fine. I found it responds the same way it did for me when I did the reformatting the past couple times: The "DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR DEVICE" warning doesn't go away. There's just a red X in the upper right corner which indicates it is working and not safe to turn off the device and after a minute or two it is replaced with a green check mark at which point you press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds to turn off the device. Remove the card and power back up.

The first time I ran this I was greeted with the notice that there was a problem and to restart the device and if the error occurs again to contact B&N support. Upon restarting it went through the first boot process normally.

I've been asked about the results from the former thread. I'll host a copy of the image file I've used to repartition as they're doing at B&N (5.50GB/7.45GB) with 1.4.0. I'll host it for a week or so, but it's 270MB so if someone wants to put it on a torrent of whatever, feel free.

Do a CWM backup first. Verify the MD5 checksum of the img file inside of the zip file after you download the image, before you burn it to make sure it's not corrupt... that would suck. MD5 = ae1d489a3b33f3e69360cc8e9c0bc096 You can check the checksum in Windows using a free app called WinMD5Free and you can burn the image with Win32DiskImager. This image does NOT load a boot manager. It boots straight in and repartitions and restores 1.4.0 with no prompts. Don't boot with this image if you are ready.

ONLY FOR 16GB NTs!!! --> http://www.fadingworld.com/NT/repart.img.zip

All credit for getting this img figured out (particularly the whole getting the NT to boot after the repartitioning) goes to meghd00t and probably the folks he thanks too.

EDIT: Finally compressed the img file and uploaded it so it's down to 270MB. This is a COMPLETE image, you don't need to change anything as long as you're fine with 1.4.0 and B&N's new partitioning scheme.
    Thank you for the feedback.

I have remade the images as per your instructions. Now you will get exactly what B&N gives you Only changes are in using the vfat portion of the sdcard to hold the factory.zip.

If you have some hosting then perhaps the original image with the ext3 partition for the factory.zip as per the details here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23946133&postcount=21 would also work. (now image attached here as bn_142_factory_recovery.zip )

Please review and let me have your comments

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64885133/READMEv2.txt

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64885133/meghd00tr4-v2.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64885133/meghd00tr4-v2-sdimg.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64885133/bn_142_factory_recovery.zip
    Ok here is gptfdisk 0.8.4 statically compiled for arm (I built it on arm fedora after hacking all the necessary bits to generate static libs popt, util-linux for libuuid and disabled UTF-8 and unicode) Ask if you want sources. but its ugly!

Anyway what this means is that we now have a scriptable sgdisk which can create the nook partition table also we have a gfdisk which is menu driven and can do the needed repair of existing tables.

For now only way to use it is boot cwm recovery push the executables in the archive to /tmp and run by hand
    Code:
    ./sgdisk -p /dev/block/mmcblk0

will show the current partition table.

to create a fresh one from scratch
    Code:
    sgdisk -Z /dev/block/mmcblk0
    to remove everything
    followed by
    Code:
    sgdisk /dev/block/mmcblk0 -a 256 -n 1:256:511 -n 0:0:1023 -n 0:0:31743 -n 0:0:65535 -n 0:0:163839 -n 0:0:262143 -n 0:0:1019903 -n 0:0:2273279 -n 0:0:3145727 -n 0:0:+12G -n 0:0:0
    to create the nook partition table like mine 12G for data
    then set names for all that
    Code:
    sgdisk -c 1:xloader -c 2:bootloader -c 3:recovery -c 4:boot -c 5:rom -c 6:bootdata -c 7:factory -c 8:system -c 9:cache -c 10:media -c 11:userdata  /dev/block/mmcblk0

then use the mkdosfs and make_ext4fs in my previous posts to format stuff and restore factory.zip

From this description you can see that this is FUN but Dangerous so go ahead and first try all the simple baby steps like displaying the table etc.

With this you can go and do whatever to the nook partition table - so be careful!

here is http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64885133/gptfdisk.zip
    and http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64885133/scripts.zip that has the make_ext4fs and mkdosfs stuff.
    cat ~/.android/adb_usb.ini
    # ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
    # USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
    # 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.

0x2080

This bit is what did it for me - running the command did not generate that file, so i made it manually and now ADB works.

One last question - with this recovery, if I attempt a backup, to where is it saved? Should I make another FAT32 partition on the SD card (what's left of the 2GB minus the 50MB recovery partition?)

I apologize if these questions are a little off topic, but your stuff is pretty much the only stuff I have gotten to work so far on my NT.

Also, if this helps at all:

Code:
    ~ # cat /proc/partitions
    major minor  #blocks  name

179        0    7634944 mmcblk0
     179        1        128 mmcblk0p1
     179        2        256 mmcblk0p2
     179        3      15360 mmcblk0p3
     179        4      16384 mmcblk0p4
     179        5      49152 mmcblk0p5
     179        6      49152 mmcblk0p6
     179        7     378880 mmcblk0p7
     179        8     626688 mmcblk0p8
     179        9     436224 mmcblk0p9
     179       10    3915776 mmcblk0p10
     179       11    2064364 mmcblk0p11
     179       16    1931264 mmcblk1
     179       17      50176 mmcblk1p1

Code:
    ~ # sgdisk -p /dev/block/mmcblk0
    Caution: invalid backup GPT header, but valid main header; regenerating
    backup header from main header.

Warning! Main and backup partition tables differ! Use the 'c' and 'e' options
    on the recovery & transformation menu to examine the two tables.

Warning! One or more CRCs don't match. You should repair the disk!

****************************************************************************
    Caution: Found protective or hybrid MBR and corrupt GPT. Using GPT, but disk
    verification and recovery are STRONGLY recommended.
    ****************************************************************************
    Disk /dev/block/mmcblk0: 15269888 sectors, 7.3 GiB
    Logical sector size: 512 bytes
    Disk identifier (GUID): 3C30B518-1CF3-4052-B14C-2A49D69051CE
    Partition table holds up to 128 entries
    First usable sector is 34, last usable sector is 15106046
    Partitions will be aligned on 256-sector boundaries
    Total free space is 1285 sectors (642.5 KiB)

Number  Start (sector)    End (sector)  Size       Code  Name
       1             256             511   128.0 KiB   8300  xloader
       2             512            1023   256.0 KiB   8300  bootloader
       3            1024           31743   15.0 MiB    8300  recovery
       4           32768           65535   16.0 MiB    8300  boot
       5           65536          163839   48.0 MiB    8300  rom
       6          163840          262143   48.0 MiB    8300  bootdata
       7          262144         1019903   370.0 MiB   8300  factory
       8         1019904         2273279   612.0 MiB   8300  system
       9         2273280         3145727   426.0 MiB   8300  cache
      10         3145728        10977279   3.7 GiB     8300  media
      11        10977280        15106007   2.0 GiB     8300  userdata

Code:
    ~ # dmesg
    <6>SRAM: Mapped pa 0x40300000 to va 0xfe400000 size: 0x100000
    <3>FIXME: omap44xx_sram_init not implemented
    <6>Reserving 33554432 bytes SDRAM for VRAM
    <6>SMC: Allocated workspace of 3M at (0x9c900000)
    <6>PERCPU: Embedded 7 pages/cpu @c0ab5000 s5760 r8192 d14720 u65536
    <6>pcpu-alloc: s5760 r8192 d14720 u65536 alloc=16*4096
    <6>pcpu-alloc: [0] 0 [0] 1 
    <4>Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 113792
    <5>Kernel command line: androidboot.console=ttyO0 console=ttyO0,115200n8                                         init=/init rootwait vram=32M,82000000 omapfb.vram=0:5M@82000000 mem=448M@0x80000000
    <6>PID hash table entries: 2048 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
    <6>Dentry cache hash table entries: 65536 (order: 6, 262144 bytes)
    <6>Inode-cache hash table entries: 32768 (order: 5, 131072 bytes)
    <6>Memory: 448MB = 448MB total
    <5>Memory: 411200k/411200k available, 47552k reserved, 0K highmem
    <5>Virtual kernel memory layout:
    <5>    vector  : 0xffff0000 - 0xffff1000   (   4 kB)
    <5>    fixmap  : 0xfff00000 - 0xfffe0000   ( 896 kB)
    <5>    DMA     : 0xffc00000 - 0xffe00000   (   2 MB)
    <5>    vmalloc : 0xdc800000 - 0xf8000000   ( 440 MB)
    <5>    lowmem  : 0xc0000000 - 0xdc000000   ( 448 MB)
    <5>    pkmap   : 0xbfe00000 - 0xc0000000   (   2 MB)
    <5>    modules : 0xbf000000 - 0xbfe00000   (  14 MB)
    <5>      .init : 0xc0008000 - 0xc003e000   ( 216 kB)
    <5>      .text : 0xc003e000 - 0xc062e000   (6080 kB)
    <5>      .data : 0xc062e000 - 0xc067cca0   ( 316 kB)
    <6>SLUB: Genslabs=11, HWalign=32, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=2, Nodes=1
    <6>Hierarchical RCU implementation.
    <6>     RCU-based detection of stalled CPUs is disabled.
    <6>     Verbose stalled-CPUs detection is disabled.
    <6>NR_IRQS:388
    <4>omap_hwmod: sys_32k_ck: missing clockdomain for sys_32k_ck.
    <4>omap_hwmod: l3_div_ck: missing clockdomain for l3_div_ck.
    <4>omap_hwmod: dpll_mpu_m2_ck: missing clockdomain for dpll_mpu_m2_ck.
    <4>omap_hwmod: dmic: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: dss_dsi1: cannot be enabled (3)
    <4>omap_hwmod: dss_dsi2: cannot be enabled (3)
    <4>omap_hwmod: dss_hdmi: cannot be enabled (3)
    <4>omap_hwmod: dss_rfbi: cannot be enabled (3)
    <4>omap_hwmod: dss_venc: cannot be enabled (3)
    <4>omap_hwmod: iva: failed to reset in 10000 usec
    <4>omap_hwmod: mailbox: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: omap-mcpdm-dai: cannot be enabled (3)
    <4>omap_hwmod: mcspi1: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: mcspi2: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: mcspi3: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: mcspi4: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: mmc1: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: mmc2: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: mmc3: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: mmc4: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: mmc5: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: timer3: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: timer4: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: timer5: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: timer6: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: timer7: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: timer8: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: timer9: resetting
    <4>omap_hwmod: timer11: resetting
    <6>GPMC revision 6.0
    <6>SmartReflex CLASS3 initialized
    <6>OMAP clockevent source: GPTIMER1 at 32768 Hz
    <4>Console: colour dummy device 80x30
    <6>Calibrating delay loop... 2013.49 BogoMIPS (lpj=7864320)
    <6>pid_max: default: 32768 minimum: 301
    <4>Mount-cache hash table entries: 512
    <6>CPU: Testing write buffer coherency: ok
    <6>Calibrating local timer... 
    <6>50.00MHz.
    <6>L310 cache controller enabled
    <6>l2x0: 16 ways, CACHE_ID 0x410000c4, AUX_CTRL 0x1e470000
    <4>CPU1: Booted secondary processor
    <6>Brought up 2 CPUs
    <6>SMP: Total of 2 processors activated (4010.18 BogoMIPS).
    <6>devtmpfs: initialized
    <6>regulator: core version 0.5
    <6>NET: Registered protocol family 16
    <6>EMIF0 is enabled with IRQ142
    <6>EMIF1 is enabled with IRQ143
    <6>OMAP GPIO hardware version 0.1
    <6>ram_console: got buffer at 9bffc000, size 4000
    <6>ram_console: uncorrectable error in header
    <6>ram_console: no valid data in buffer (sig = 0xc2983d67)
    <6>console [ram-1] enabled
    <6>omap_mux_init: Add partition: #1: core, flags: 2
    <6>omap_mux_init: Add partition: #2: wkup, flags: 2
    <6>Board revision PVT
    <3>_omap_mux_init_signal: Could not set signal sys_pwron_reset_out
    <3>_omap_mux_init_signal: Could not set signal fref_clk3_req
    <6>Samsung DDR Memory 
    <6>Reprogramming LPDDR2 timingsto 400000000 Hz
    <3>_omap_mux_init_signal: Could not set signal fref_clk0_out.gpio_wk6
    <3>_omap_mux_init_gpio: Could not set gpio4
    <4>board-4430sdp.c: kxtf9_dev_init ...
    <4>board-4430sdp.c: kxtf9_dev_init > Init kxtf9 irq pin 66 !
    <4>board-4430sdp.c: max17042_dev_init ...
    <4>board-4430sdp.c: max17042_dev_init > Init max17042 irq pin 65 !
    <4>max17042 GPIO pin read 1
    <6>init_display_led: evt2 hardware
    <3>res->start = 49022000
    <3>res->start = 49024000
    <3>res->start = 49026000
    <3>res->start = 48096000
    <6>OMAP DMA hardware revision 0.0
    <6>dma dma.0: System DMA registered
    <4>bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0
    <6>regulator: vdd_lcdtp: 3300 mV normal 
    <6>i2c_omap i2c_omap.1: bus 1 rev4.0 at 400 kHz
    <4>Skipping twl internal clock init and using bootloader value (unknown osc rate)
    <6>twl6030: PIH (irq 39) chaining IRQs 368..387
    <6>regulator: VUSB: 3300 mV normal standby
    <6>twl6030_usb twl6030_usb: Initialized TWL6030 USB module
    <6>PC detected
    <6>regulator: VMMC: 1200 <--> 3000 mV at 3000 mV normal standby
    <6>regulator: VPP: 1800 <--> 2500 mV at 1700 mV normal standby
    <6>regulator: VANA: 2100 mV normal standby
    <6>regulator: VCXIO: 1800 mV normal standby
    <6>regulator: VAUX1_6030: 1000 <--> 3000 mV at 2800 mV normal standby
    <6>regulator: VAUX3_6030: 1800 mV normal standby
    <6>regulator: CLK32KG: normal 
    <6>i2c_omap i2c_omap.2: bus 2 rev4.0 at 400 kHz
    <6>i2c_omap i2c_omap.3: bus 3 rev4.0 at 400 kHz
    <6>i2c_omap i2c_omap.4: bus 4 rev4.0 at 400 kHz
    <6>Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.
    <6>Sangoma WANPIPE Router v1.1 (c) 1995-2000 Sangoma Technologies Inc.
    <6>Switching to clocksource timer-32k
    <6>musb_hdrc: version 6.0, musb-dma, peripheral, debug=0
    <4>HS USB OTG: Cable detected at boot = 1
    <7>musb_hdrc: ConfigData=0xde (UTMI-8, dyn FIFOs, bulk combine, bulk split, HB-ISO Rx, HB-ISO Tx, SoftConn)
    <7>musb_hdrc: MHDRC RTL version 2.0 
    <7>musb_hdrc: setup fifo_mode 4
    <7>musb_hdrc: 28/31 max ep, 16384/16384 memory
    <6>musb_hdrc musb_hdrc: USB Peripheral mode controller at fc0ab000 using DMA, IRQ 124
    <6>NET: Registered protocol family 2
    <6>IP route cache hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
    <6>TCP established hash table entries: 16384 (order: 5, 131072 bytes)
    <6>TCP bind hash table entries: 16384 (order: 5, 196608 bytes)
    <6>TCP: Hash tables configured (established 16384 bind 16384)
    <6>TCP reno registered
    <6>UDP hash table entries: 256 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
    <6>UDP-Lite hash table entries: 256 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
    <6>NET: Registered protocol family 1
    <6>RPC: Registered udp transport module.
    <6>RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
    <6>RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.
    <6>Trying to unpack rootfs image as initramfs...
    <6>Freeing initrd memory: 3380K
    <4>opp_add: no hwmod for hsi, cannot add OPPs.
    <3>unable to add OPP 98304000 Hz for hsi
    <3>unable to add OPP 96000000 Hz for hsi
    <3>unable to add OPP 96000000 Hz for hsi
    <6>ipu-power ipu0: Test of writing to the device message log,done from ipu_pm_init
    <6>ipu-power initialized ipu, major: 252, minor: 0
    <4>sdp4430_wifi_init: start
    <6>omap-iommu omap-iommu.0: ducati registered
    <6>omap-iommu omap-iommu.1: tesla registered
    <6>iovmm-omap initialized ducati, major: 251, base-minor: 0
    <6>iovmm-omap initialized tesla, major: 251, base-minor: 1
    <6>omap-remoteproc omap-remoteproc.0: omap_rproc_probe: adding rproc tesla
    <6>omap-remoteproc omap-remoteproc.0: omap-rproc initialized tesla, major: 250, base-minor: 0
    <6>omap-remoteproc omap-remoteproc.1: omap_rproc_probe: adding rproc ducati-proc0
    <6>omap-remoteproc omap-remoteproc.1: omap-rproc initialized ducati-proc0, major: 250, base-minor: 1
    <6>omap-remoteproc omap-remoteproc.2: omap_rproc_probe: adding rproc ducati-proc1
    <6>omap-remoteproc omap-remoteproc.2: omap-rproc initialized ducati-proc1, major: 250, base-minor: 2
    <6>ashmem: initialized
    <5>VFS: Disk quotas dquot_6.5.2
    <4>Dquot-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order 0, 4096 bytes)
    <6>Installing knfsd (copyright (C) 1996 okir@monad.swb.de).
    <5>Slow work thread pool: Starting up
    <5>Slow work thread pool: Ready
    <6>msgmni has been set to 809
    <6>SMC: Secure device detected, enabling SMC driver
    <6>Registering char device tf_driver (122:0)
    <6>alg: No test for stdrng (krng)
    <6>io scheduler noop registered
    <6>io scheduler deadline registered
    <6>io scheduler cfq registered (default)
    <6>OMAP DSS rev 4.0
    <6>OMAP DISPC rev 4.0
    <6>OMAP DSI rev 3.0
    <6>OMAP DSI2 rev 3.0
    <6>Enter hdmi_init()
    <6> boxer : boxer_lcd_init called , line 338
    <6> boxer : boxer_spi_probe called , line 310
    <6>boxer: spi setup returned : 0
    <6> boxer : boxer_panel_probe called , line 129
    <4>omap_smartreflex_disable_reset_volt: omap_sr struct for sr_core not found
    <4>omap_smartreflex_enable: omap_sr struct for sr_core not found
    <6>Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 4 ports, IRQ sharing enabled
    <6>omap-hsuart.0: ttyO0 at MMIO 0x4806a000 (irq = 104) is a OMAP UART0
    <6>console [ttyO0] enabled
    <6>omap-hsuart.1: ttyO1 at MMIO 0x4806c000 (irq = 105) is a OMAP UART1
    <6>omap-hsuart.2: ttyO2 at MMIO 0x48020000 (irq = 106) is a OMAP UART2
    <6>omap-hsuart.3: ttyO3 at MMIO 0x4806e000 (irq = 102) is a OMAP UART3
    <6>brd: module loaded
    <6>loop: module loaded
    <6>tun: Universal TUN/TAP device driver, 1.6
    <6>tun: (C) 1999-2004 Max Krasnyansky <maxk@qualcomm.com>
    <6>android init
    <6>android_probe pdata: c0652038
    <6>android_bind
    <7>android_bind_config
    <6>android_usb gadget: android_usb ready
    <6>f_adb init
    <6>android_register_function adb
    <6>f_mass_storage init
    <6>fsg_probe pdev: c0651d80, pdata: c0652028
    <6>android_register_function usb_mass_storage
    <6>android_usb gadget: Mass Storage Function, version: 2009/09/11
    <6>android_usb gadget: Number of LUNs=2
    <6> lun0: LUN: removable file: (no medium)
    <6> lun1: LUN: removable file: (no medium)
    <6>adb_bind_config
    <6>input: gpio-keys as /devices/platform/gpio-keys/input/input0
    <6>input: omap-keypad as /devices/platform/omap-keypad/input/input1
    <6>ft5x06_init() - FT I2C Touchscreen Driver (Built Apr 14 2012 @ 22:24:02)
    <6>ft5x06_probe() - FT5x06 found on I2C bus.
    <7>ft5x06_reset_panel_via_gpio() - Toggling GPIO 39 to reset the Touch Panel...
    <4>omap_smartreflex_disable_reset_volt: omap_sr struct for sr_core not found
    <4>omap_smartreflex_enable: omap_sr struct for sr_core not found
    <6>android_usb gadget: high speed config #1: android
    <6>input: ft5x06-i2c as /devices/platform/i2c_omap.2/i2c-2/2-0038/input/input2
    <6>ft5x06_initialize() - sysfs_create_group() succeeded.
    <6>kxtf9 1-000f: WHO_AM_I = 0x01
    <6>input: kxtf9_accel as /devices/virtual/input/input3
    <6>using rtc device, twl_rtc, for alarms
    <6>twl_rtc twl_rtc: rtc core: registered twl_rtc as rtc0
    <6>i2c /dev entries driver
    <6>Linux video capture interface: v2.00
    <4>max17042: max17042_init ...
    <4>max17042: max17042_probe ...
    <4>max17042: next history save at 4294936970
    <4>max17042: max17042_probe > IRQ is 225
    <4>max17042 GPIO pin read 1
    <4>max17042: max17042_device_power_on ...
    <4>max17042: max17042_hw_init ...
    <4>max17042:  BATTERY      Detected!
    <4>config = 0x2214
    <4>Valert = 0xff9b
    <4>Salert = 0xff05
    <4>config = 0x2214
    <4>config = 0x2214
    <4>shdntimer = 0x0002
    <4>max17042: max17042_verify ...
    <6>max17042 1-0036: Version = 0x0092
    <6>max17042 1-0036: support ver. 1.0.0 enabled
    <4>MAX8903: Charger registering!
    <4>MAX8903: Charger Initializing...
    <4>MAX8903: Request CHARGER FLT IRQ successfully!
    <4>MAX8903: Charger detected at boot = 1
    <4>MAX8903: USB_EVENT_VBUS: Charger=5
    <6>OMAP Watchdog Timer Rev 0x00: initial timeout 60 sec
    <6>device-mapper: uevent: version 1.0.3
    <6>device-mapper: ioctl: 4.17.0-ioctl (2010-03-05) initialised: dm-devel@redhat.com
    <6>cpuidle: using governor ladder
    <6>cpuidle: using governor menu
    <6>omap_pwm_led omap_pwm_led: OMAP PWM LED (lcd-backlight) at GP timer 11/0
    <7>Registered led device: lcd-backlight
    <4>[BL set power] 1
    <6>logger: created 64K log 'log_main'
    <6>logger: created 256K log 'log_events'
    <6>logger: created 64K log 'log_radio'
    <6>logger: created 64K log 'log_system'
    <6>proc4430_drv_initializeModule
    <6>omap-devicehandler omap-devicehandler.0: omap_devh_probe: adding devh Tesla
    <6>omap-devh initialized Tesla, major: 241, base-minor: 0
    <6>omap-devicehandler omap-devicehandler.1: omap_devh_probe: adding devh SysM3
    <6>omap-devh initialized SysM3, major: 241, base-minor: 1
    <6>omap-devicehandler omap-devicehandler.2: omap_devh_probe: adding devh AppM3
    <6>omap-devh initialized AppM3, major: 241, base-minor: 2
    <6>omap3epd-sound: Audio SoC init
    <6>Found Board EVT 2.1-ABE support Enabled
    <6>asoc: null-codec-dai <-> MultiMedia1 LP mapping ok
    <6>asoc: null-codec-dai <-> MultiMedia2 mapping ok
    <3>tlv320aic3100_init: Unable get gpio for CODEC POWER 101
    <6>mmc0: new high speed DDR MMC card at address 0001
    <6>mmcblk0: mmc0:0001 M8G2FB 7.28 GiB 
    <6> mmcblk0:
    <4>Alternate GPT is invalid, using primary GPT.
    <4> p1 (xloader) p2 (bootloader) p3 (recovery) p4 (boot) p5 (rom) p6 (bootdata) p7 (factory) p8 (system) p9 (cache) p10 (media) p11 (userdata)
    <4>mmc1: host does not support reading read-only switch. assuming write-enable.
    <6>mmc1: new SD card at address aaaa
    <1>##-tlv320aic3100_init
    <6>Created the sysfs Files for Audio Driver
    <4>Page 4 has 41 Coefficient Values 
    <4>Page 8 has 61 Coefficient Values 
    <4>Updated Page 8 DAC Coefficient Control Reg for Adaptive Mode
    <6>mmcblk1: mmc1:aaaa SU02G 1.84 GiB 
    <6> mmcblk1:
    <6>asoc: tlv320aic3100-dai <-> omap-mcbsp-dai.1 mapping ok
    <4> p1
    <6>input: OMAP4_ACCLAIM_ABE Headset Jack as /devices/platform/soc-audio/sound/card0/input4
    <6>ALSA device list:
    <6>  #0: OMAP4 Acclaim AIC3100 ABE
    <6>Netfilter messages via NETLINK v0.30.
    <6>nf_conntrack version 0.5.0 (6477 buckets, 25908 max)
    <4>CONFIG_NF_CT_ACCT is deprecated and will be removed soon. Please use
    <4>nf_conntrack.acct=1 kernel parameter, acct=1 nf_conntrack module option or
    <4>sysctl net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_acct=1 to enable it.
    <6>ctnetlink v0.93: registering with nfnetlink.
    <6>xt_time: kernel timezone is -0000
    <6>ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
    <6>arp_tables: (C) 2002 David S. Miller
    <6>TCP cubic registered
    <6>Initializing XFRM netlink socket
    <6>NET: Registered protocol family 10
    <6>lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
    <6>Mobile IPv6
    <6>IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver
    <6>sit0: Disabled Privacy Extensions
    <6>ip6tnl0: Disabled Privacy Extensions
    <6>NET: Registered protocol family 17
    <6>NET: Registered protocol family 15
    <6>ThumbEE CPU extension supported.
    <4>omap_hwmod: Initialize debugfs support
    <3>Power Management for TI OMAP4.
    <6>prcm_clear_statdep_regs: Clearing static depndencies
    <3>CPUidle for CPU0 registered
    <3>CPUidle for CPU1 registered
    <4>sr_init: No PMIC hook to init smartreflex
    <6>smartreflex smartreflex.0: omap_smartreflex_probe: SmartReflex driver initialized
    <6>smartreflex smartreflex.1: omap_smartreflex_probe: SmartReflex driver initialized
    <6>smartreflex smartreflex.2: omap_smartreflex_probe: SmartReflex driver initialized
    <7>Disabling unused clock "auxclk4_src_ck"
    <7>Disabling unused clock "hdq1w_fck"
    <7>Disabling unused clock "gpmc_ick"
    <7>Disabling unused clock "gpio4_dbclk"
    <7>Disabling unused clock "efuse_ctrl_cust_fck"
    <6>VFP support v0.3: implementor 41 architecture 3 part 30 variant 9 rev 4
    <6> boxer : boxer_panel_enable called , line 233
    <6> boxer : boxer_panel_start called , line 150
    <6>regulator_init_complete: disabling VANA
    <6>twl_rtc twl_rtc: setting system clock to 2012-04-16 02:21:17 UTC (1334542877)
    <6>omap_vout omap_vout: : registered and initialized video device 0
    <6>omap_vout omap_vout: : registered and initialized video device 1
    <6>omap_vout omap_vout: : registered and initialized video device 2
    <6>omap_wb: registered and initialized wb device 4 [v4l2]
    <6>Freeing init memory: 216K
    <3>init: /init.rc: 4: mount requires 3 arguments
    <3>init: cannot open '/initlogo.rle'
    <3>init: Unable to open persistent property directory /data/property errno: 2
    <6>enabling adb
    <6>adb_open
    <6>kxtf9 1-000f: IRQ TILT [1]
    <6>EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p9): recovery complete
    <6>EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p9): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: 
    <4>MAX8903: Charging is now enabled!
    <4>MAX8903: USB Charging at 500 mA 
    ~ #

Taken from my still-working 8GB tablet. What does sgdisk do? Any idea why it spit out all those error messages?