[theme][port]●●●red illusion●●●jedi series roms●●●Tweaked Rom

Search This thread

einrae214

Jan 17, 2011
Columbus, O.H.
Re: [theme][port]●●●red illusion●●●jedi series roms●●●

You must have flash the wrong one it works just fine. I just flahed it on my phone to test since im running jedi x 9 right now as my d.d. try redownloading the right one and see if that helps and report back.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Also all those things your describing to are coming from the framework. Envelope and settings force closes and I have messed up before alot of times.

einrae214

Jan 17, 2011
Columbus, O.H.

Ok
So I flashed the rom (Jedix V9)
Wiped the cache before doing so and installed via CWM
Issues: No status bar, apps immediately unfortnately stopping (settings, rom toolbox, mobile hotspot) after launch
Just got a phone call and nothing appeared on my screen alerting me to answer
My lock screen shows a message envelope to the left of the ":" where the where the time of day is displayed
At the bottom of the lock screen it does say Jedi X
Now Im wondering if there was something I did wrong or did not do what I was supposed to do
Help anyone?

Yeah well I dont know what you did. I even redownloaded and tested just to make sure but yeah its all working good when I flashed it anybody else wanna chime in and report back.

einrae214

Jan 17, 2011
Columbus, O.H.

Ok
So I flashed the rom (Jedix V9)
Wiped the cache before doing so and installed via CWM
Issues: No status bar, apps immediately unfortnately stopping (settings, rom toolbox, mobile hotspot) after launch
Just got a phone call and nothing appeared on my screen alerting me to answer
My lock screen shows a message envelope to the left of the ":" where the where the time of day is displayed
At the bottom of the lock screen it does say Jedi X
Now Im wondering if there was something I did wrong or did not do what I was supposed to do
Help anyone?

So how it going

kushXmaster

Nov 26, 2010
Stockton (cali)

Worked fine for me. Haven't had any problems with it. Maybe he downloaded the version for master and not x9? Cant think of anything other than that.

I would recommend a full wipe through recovery and try reflashing rom and theme.

Swiftly sent from my Galaxy Note 2 via XDA premium

djmaestro

Oct 22, 2008
you know that awkward moment when you think you know 50% there is to know about flashing ROMs
then it turns out you know less than that???

here is where i am now...
after fuddling around in CWM (wipes, restores, flashes) my SGSNote2 is now in (what appears to be) factory restore mode
(example: i get the samsung welcome (right out of the box) screen)
but when i attempt to move further by pressing 'next' it crashes because it is trying to access wifi or mobile networks and crashes
and now, i have somehow activated the 'talkback' feature and the crazy lady inside my device is repeating everything i touch and its a point of being rather annoyting
finally, with regard to possibly flashing the incorrect Jedix V9 ROM, i grabbed it from the link at the beginning of this thread, and it was NOT the Jedi Master ROM

Any suggestions where I go from here?
Full wipe and restore to factory?
Re-Odin and flash again with my original root?

Thanks XDA fellas for walking me through this dark forest

einrae214

Jan 17, 2011
Columbus, O.H.

you know that awkward moment when you think you know 50% there is to know about flashing ROMs

after fuddling around in CWM (wipes, restores, flashes) my SGSNote2 is now in (what appears to be) factory restore mode
but when i attempt to move further by pressing 'next' it crashes because it is trying to access wifi or mobile networks and crashes
and now, i have somehow activated the 'talkback' feature and the crazy lady inside my device is repeating everything i touch and its a point of being rather annoyting
finally, with regard to possibly flashing the incorrect Jedix V9 ROM, i grabbed it from the link at the beginning of this thread, and it was NOT the Jedi Master ROM

Man I would odin back to stock and stay there. Lol sorry just couldn't resist but you yeah odin back to stock then wipe your phone in stock mode it will wipe you're whole phone so thats good what ever is messing stuff up will be gone. Then via odin flash clockworkmod recovery and gain root and again via odin flash superuser. No after that flash jedi rom of your choice. Make sure to wipe everything like caches and factory reset. After flashing the jedi rom go through the setup and finish that then. Reboot into recovery and flash the theme of your choice and it shoukd work then. I hope I mean it always works for me.

big nick swinging

Feb 5, 2013

Works fine for me and I'm a Noob. Download b and flash is that easy.

CLopez92868

Jul 11, 2009
OC, CA
Jedi XX?

Hi,

I was using this theme with jedi master 9, if I download the jedi x9 is it compatible with jedi xx?

Thanks,

CL

djmaestro

Oct 22, 2008
well, im tired of trying to flash and fix my SGSNote2
nothing is working
seems that the jedi x rom is overriding everything and not allowing me to do anything lese
same problem, phone restart, samsung out of the box welcome screen, and STOP due to wi fi not responding

im at a point where i just want flash the stock rom and re-root with the original cwm mod I initially had

does anyone have a link they can help me with that will allow me to hard wipe/factory reset so that the device is free and clear of any roms so that i can lay the stock rom on my device

HELP!

kushXmaster

Nov 26, 2010
Stockton (cali)

well, im tired of trying to flash and fix my SGSNote2
nothing is working
seems that the jedi x rom is overriding everything and not allowing me to do anything lese
same problem, phone restart, samsung out of the box welcome screen, and STOP due to wi fi not responding

im at a point where i just want flash the stock rom and re-root with the original cwm mod I initially had

does anyone have a link they can help me with that will allow me to hard wipe/factory reset so that the device is free and clear of any roms so that i can lay the stock rom on my device

HELP!

Grab the all in one toolkit from the original dev thread. Use it to flash back to stock from Odin. You can then use the toolkit to go through the rooting process again. I also recommend using twrp (team win recovery project) it's an option in the toolkit.

After that use it to format internal memory and system. Then flash Jedi rom, fix permissions. Let it settle for ten minutes. Don't unlock it or anything. Just watch a TV show or something in the meantime. Then reboot to recovery, wipe cache and dalvik. Flash theme. Wipe cache and dalvik and fix permissions. Boot into rom and let it sit for a few minutes.

If you use titanium backup don't restore app data. Just the apps. If you restore the data, you're gonna have a bad time. :)

Anyways bro, I hope that gets it working for you. Let us know what you decide to do.

Reactions: djmaestro

einrae214

Jan 17, 2011
Columbus, O.H.

Grab the all in one toolkit from the original dev thread. Use it to flash back to stock from Odin. You can then use the toolkit to go through the rooting process again. I also recommend using twrp (team win recovery project) it's an option in the toolkit.

After that use it to format internal memory and system. Then flash Jedi rom, fix permissions. Let it settle for ten minutes. Don't unlock it or anything. Just watch a TV show or something in the meantime. Then reboot to recovery, wipe cache and dalvik. Flash theme. Wipe cache and dalvik and fix permissions. Boot into rom and let it sit for a few minutes.

If you use titanium backup don't restore app data. Just the apps. If you restore the data, you're gonna have a bad time. :)

Anyways bro, I hope that gets it working for you. Let us know what you decide to do.

I dont think anything will help this guy. I just wanna know why it seems likw there's a problem with the theme when there isnt. People if you cant work it right then leave the phone on stock the way you bought it. Sorry its just how I feel I spent alot of time working on these for somebody to come on the thread and make it seem like something is wrong with the theme and there isnt anything wrong it works just fine. I tested each one more then once. I would never put out a crappy product so stop making it seem like I am. I work hard like everybody else how puts out these. Its not easy by any means.

Reactions: big nick swinging

djmaestro

Oct 22, 2008
Thanks Kush, trying the all in one toolkit now

And Ein, in any of my previous posts i have never implied that there was something wrong with the Jedi rom, and I take full accountability for any errors in processing that caused me to be in the situation i am currently in with my device. So my apologies to you if anything in my previous posts have led to any finger pointing to anyone or anything other than myself. I rely on the experts here @ xda to get me out of any jams i may create for myself (being a rooting novice and all) and i appreciate yours, and everyones help here

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

ok
downloaded the all in one toolkit
seems pretty straightforward
but....since my device will not allow me to enable usb debugging, the program is not recognizing my device
when my device launches, as previously stated, it go straight to the samsung welcome screen (as if it is out of the box for the first time)
any suggestions on how i get the toolkit to recognize my device?

einrae214

Jan 17, 2011
Columbus, O.H.

And Ein, in any of my previous posts i have never implied that there was something wrong with the Jedi rom, and I take full accountability for any errors in processing that caused me to be in the situation i am currently in with my device. So my apologies to you if anything in my previous posts have led to any finger pointing to anyone or anything other than myself. I rely on the experts here @ xda to get me out of any jams i may create for myself (being a rooting novice and all) and i appreciate yours, and everyones help here

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

ok
but....since my device will not allow me to enable usb debugging, the program is not recognizing my device
when my device launches, as previously stated, it go straight to the samsung welcome screen (as if it is out of the box for the first time)

Questions I have.
1 do you have root access
2 how did you root
3 did you use the zedomax method thats what i did. The trip counter doenst even matter anymore. I would try that method as its the easy way to root. I did it for both phones the gs3 and the gn2 never had any problems like that. It roots and flashes superuser all in one step and your good to go. Rooted and ready for what ever.

djmaestro

Oct 22, 2008
1, yes i do have root access; when i hold my vol up, center button and power button i get the cwm-based recovery v6.0.1.5
2. this appears to be from the original cwm root that i grabbed from the xda site (Not the JEDI root)
3. not familiar with zedomax, but, i do remember resetting my counter with triangle away when i rooted my device the first time

that being said, since you now know that i can access cwm, is there anything i can do from that point to get it to stock recovery? believe me, i have already tried wipe data; factory reset, etc

thanks

einrae214

Jan 17, 2011
Columbus, O.H.

1, yes i do have root access; when i hold my vol up, center button and power button i get the cwm-based recovery v6.0.1.5
2. this appears to be from the original cwm root that i grabbed from the xda site (Not the JEDI root)
3. not familiar with zedomax, but, i do remember resetting my counter with triangle away when i rooted my device the first time

that being said, since you now know that i can access cwm, is there anything i can do from that point to get it to stock recovery? believe me, i have already tried wipe data; factory reset, etc

thanks

There are 2 ways one being mobile odin and downloading the .tar file and extract it and use it that way. Or you can download the .tar stock file and get odin for your computer and do it that way.

And I dont think there is a jedi root method that I know of Iike I said I used the zedomax method

kushXmaster

Nov 26, 2010
Stockton (cali)

Thanks

ok

In the settings menu, go to developer options and there should be a box for enabling usb debugging. It should let you do it on stock unrooted too.

djmaestro

Oct 22, 2008
Ok guys...UPDATE
FIRST, let me thank all those who kindly responded to my issues, it is very much appreciated
I ultimately paid a few goons a a cell phone repair shop to get my phone working again
I asked them if they could just put the stock rom back on my note 2...they said they could (for $35, they got no push back from me)
Then it dawned on me, if they could put the stock rom back on my note 2, why not ask them if they could just put the jedi rom on it...they said they could (same price)
An hour passes, and voila, there i am with a note 2, jedi master 9 rom in full effect
SO SECOND, there has to be a quick (easy) way to bypass the tmobile upsell hotspot feature with this rom, there just has to be!
I saw the link with regard to deleting or recreating the APN, but, the thread is convoluted with failures and successes
So you can appreciate my apprehension on walking down this avenue and immobilizing my device once again due to my own doing
Awaiting further instruction from the XDA Gods
Thanks again

kushXmaster

Nov 26, 2010
Stockton (cali)

Ok guys...UPDATE
FIRST, let me thank all those who kindly responded to my issues, it is very much appreciated
I ultimately paid a few goons a a cell phone repair shop to get my phone working again
I asked them if they could just put the stock rom back on my note 2...they said they could (for $35, they got no push back from me)
Then it dawned on me, if they could put the stock rom back on my note 2, why not ask them if they could just put the jedi rom on it...they said they could (same price)
An hour passes, and voila, there i am with a note 2, jedi master 9 rom in full effect
SO SECOND, there has to be a quick (easy) way to bypass the tmobile upsell hotspot feature with this rom, there just has to be!
I saw the link with regard to deleting or recreating the APN, but, the thread is convoluted with failures and successes
So you can appreciate my apprehension on walking down this avenue and immobilizing my device once again due to my own doing
Awaiting further instruction from the XDA Gods
Thanks again

Not really the best place to ask for help with apn settings. Best way to get tethering working is to just pay for the 5gig data plan :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [theme][port]●●●red illusion●●●jedi series roms●●●Tweaked Rom

First i would like to say that i am not the creator of the theme just someone that wanted to port this theme over to our devices. I would like to thank leonardoaraujo for letting me port this theme over to our devices. I am posting a link to his theme and his thread.://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2117557

Link to original theme by leonardoaraujo
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2117557

Download Links
    Jedi Master 11
    http://d-h.st/dlx

Jedi X12
    http://d-h.st/AkP

Tweaked Rom

http://d-h.st/UcE

Instructions
    1. Download theme or your rom.
    2. Reboot into recovery.
    3. Wipe caches.
    4. Install .zip
    5. Reboot
    6. Hit the thanks button.

Credits

Leonardoaraujo-for letting me port and post this in our section. Be sure to check his thread and give him thanks for making this theme.

Foreverloco- for helping me out and providing me with the tools do make this happen. Thanks again for the help.

I will do a update to have the transparent status bar in the jedi master 9.

Re: [theme][port]●●red illusion for jedi series roms●●

Is this what u wanted me to try lol

Sent from my SGH-T889

Yes

Definitely will be trying this. Been waiting for a simple red theme.

No problem. No problem at all.

Yeah it check it out. I like it because its simple. Just touches of red here and there. Simple theme which I dont take credit for.