[REF] Galaxy S3 Modem / Radio Collection (I9300 & I9300T ONLY) CWM & Odin Flashable

Search This thread

irshaad86

Nov 8, 2013
My base band version is XXUGMK6 but I am not sure which modem do I need to use as the modem which I installed along with ROM seems to be incompatible and I get "Not registered on network". I live in India. Can anyone help please?

My base band version is XXUGMK6 but I am not sure which modem do I need to use as the modem which I installed along with ROM seems to be incompatible and I get "Not registered on network". I live in India. Can anyone help please?

What rom are you using? Stock? Cm? Did you install custom ril?

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk

zaid.oj

Thanks for replying. Its Jelly Bean 4.3(Stock). Not sure if I installed a ril? I installed I9300XXUGMK6_I9300OXAGMK6_OXA version with Odin...
OXA should be compatible with Indian networks, allot have reported that it works fine in India, I suggest that you wipe everything manually first and then try flashing it again.
The official OXA should be consisted of 4 separate md5 files PDA, Modem, bootloader and CSC, make sure you choose each one in its right place in odin then flash! and you need to use Odin 3.09 to flash it
The problem may have occurred when flashing the modem or you maybe just flashed PDA! Or Odin 1.85
When you finish use *#1234# to check your version you should get the following
AP I9300XXUGMK6
CP I9300XXUGMK6
CSC I9300 XAGMK6

good luck

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Reactions: irshaad86

irshaad86

Nov 8, 2013
OXA should be compatible with Indian networks, allot have reported that it works fine in India, I suggest that you wipe everything manually first and then try flashing it again.
The official OXA should be consisted of 4 separate md5 files PDA, Modem, bootloader and CSC, make sure you choose each one in its right place in odin then flash! and you need to use Odin 3.09 to flash it
The problem may have occurred when flashing the modem or you maybe just flashed PDA! Or Odin 1.85
When you finish use *#1234# to check your version you should get the following
AP I9300XXUGMK6
CP I9300XXUGMK6
CSC I9300 XAGMK6

good luck

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

I just dialed *#1234# and found the version same as you mentioned above. And I did use Odin 3.09 and selected appropriate files but I didn't manually wipe anything prior flashing. Do I need to wipe data, cache partition and factory reset it before flashing?

Last edited:

zaid.oj

I just dialed *#1234# and found the version same as you mentioned above. And I did use Odin 3.09 and selected appropriate files but I didn't manually wipe anything prior flashing. Do I need to wipe data, cache partition and factory reset it before flashing?

flashing this rom should wipe everything automatically, if it didn't then something wrong happened! i still believe something went wrong while flashing, try doing it again and to be sure wipe everything (davlik, data and system) before flashing, if you do not know how to flash system then leave it be (can't be done on stock recovery you need custom)
and if it doesn't work post Odin flashing log here (see if there is any fail)

desper8guy

Nov 18, 2012
please can you give me a link on where can i download ML1 modem.thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

irshaad86

Nov 8, 2013
flashing this rom should wipe everything automatically, if it didn't then something wrong happened! i still believe something went wrong while flashing, try doing it again and to be sure wipe everything (davlik, data and system) before flashing, if you do not know how to flash system then leave it be (can't be done on stock recovery you need custom)
and if it doesn't work post Odin flashing log here (see if there is any fail)

I did as advised by you but still I am unable to make or receive any calls and messages. When I try to call with my i9300 phone, it just says "Not registered on network". Following is the Odin flashing log...

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> BL_I9300XXUGMK6_2168382_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> AP_I9300XXUGMK6_2168382_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CSC_OXA_I9300OXAGMK6_2168382_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MODEM_I9300XXUGMK6_REV02_REV04_CL1413323.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sboot.bin
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> param.bin
<ID:0/004> tz.img
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004> Transmission Complete..
<ID:0/004> Now Writing.. Please wait about 2 minutes
<ID:0/004> Receive Response from boot-loader
<ID:0/004> cache.img
<ID:0/004> hidden.img
<ID:0/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/004> RES OK !!
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

decalman

Mar 4, 2013
PUERTO RICO
ratrodbikes.com
I did as advised by you but still I am unable to make or receive any calls and messages. When I try to call with my i9300 phone, it just says "Not registered on network". Following is the Odin flashing log...

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> BL_I9300XXUGMK6_2168382_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> AP_I9300XXUGMK6_2168382_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MODEM_I9300XXUGMK6_REV02_REV04_CL1413323.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sboot.bin
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> param.bin
<ID:0/004> tz.img
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004> Transmission Complete..
<ID:0/004> Now Writing.. Please wait about 2 minutes
<ID:0/004> Receive Response from boot-loader
<ID:0/004> cache.img
<ID:0/004> hidden.img
<ID:0/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/004> RES OK !!
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Remain Port .... 0

Do you have a working sim inside the phone?

Was you phone unlocked by a computer or a bought sim code?

That happened to me. I had to buy a sim network unlock code on cellunlocker since apparently my phone had been unlocked by a computer. Now I can freely change roms and the phone remains unlock and I don't have any problems.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

irshaad86

Nov 8, 2013
Do you have a working sim inside the phone?

Was you phone unlocked by a computer or a bought sim code?

That happened to me. I had to buy a sim network unlock code on cellunlocker since apparently my phone had been unlocked by a computer. Now I can freely change roms and the phone remains unlock and I don't have any problems.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes the sim is working. Since I bought it on Ebay so I am not sure about how it was unlocked or if it was already simfree... One thing I noticed was that when I try calling it from a different phone, the number does seem to ring but my phone doesn't ring at all. And I did flash custom roms and got back to stock rom couple of times and in this process, lost my imei and I had to get it repaired with z3x box writing back my imei number and it did work then until I decided to play around with it again. Right now my imei seems to be fine but unfortunately no network...

zaid.oj

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..

Y....... And I did flash custom roms and got back to stock rom couple of times and in this process, lost my imei and I had to get it repaired with z3x box writing back my imei number and it did work then until I decided to play around with it again. Right now my imei seems to be fine but unfortunately no network...

ok the log file shows that flashing went ok with no problem, but from your second post i think i understand what is the issue! once you lose your original EFS and IMEI it will be always be annoying when you update to another ROM either using Odin or OTA, most of the time you will get "Not registered on network" error!
fortunately there is a solution but you need to use it each time you update/flash another ROM, if what you said is true and currently your IMEI is not missed up (not 0000) then you can use Ariza Patch make sure to follow the steps in ariza27's thread OP but first you need to root your current ROM OXA 4.3 using CF-Auto-Root by Chainfire

if your IMEI is missed up, there is allot of ways to fix it like what you used, but some have reported that fashing XXDME4 then DDEMG2 (in the same sequence as I mentioned) will restore your original IMEI, but i have not tested it my self, and you already burned another IMEI so i don't know if it will work, but its worth a shot if you have the time
if it works and you have your original IMEI back then make sure to backup your EFS as mentioned in this thread so you wont have problems like this again.

hope this can help, and if it works please make sure to thank each post linked individually so there work is appreciated (ariza72, chainfire) and my posts also if they were helpful ;)

Last edited:

irshaad86

Nov 8, 2013
ok the log file shows that flashing went ok with no problem, but from your second post i think i understand what is the issue! once you lose your original EFS and IMEI it will be always be annoying when you update to another ROM either using Odin or OTA, most of the time you will get "Not registered on network" error!
fortunately there is a solution but you need to use it each time you update/flash another ROM, if what you said is true and currently your IMEI is not missed up (not 0000) then you can use Ariza Patch make sure to follow the steps in ariza27's thread OP but first you need to root your current ROM OXA 4.3 using CF-Auto-Root by Chainfire

if your IMEI is missed up, there is allot of ways to fix it like what you used, but some have reported that fashing XXDME4 then DDEMG2 (in the same sequence as I mentioned) will restore your original IMEI, but i have not tested it my self, and you already burned another IMEI so i don't know if it will work, but its worth a shot if you have the time
if it works and you have your original IMEI back then make sure to backup your EFS as mentioned in this thread so you wont have problems like this again.

hope this can help, and if it works please make sure to thank each post linked individually so there work is appreciated (ariza72, chainfire) and my posts also if they were helpful ;)

My imei is fine for now and I have installed busybox and ariza patch after rooting but when I try to apply the ariza patch it keeps saying "patch downloading, please wait" but it doesn't apply as it doesn't increase from 0% and remains so forever.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [REF] Galaxy S3 Modem / Radio Collection (I9300 & I9300T ONLY) CWM & Odin Flashable

Warning: All modems (radio / baseband) are for the International I9300 & I9300T variant only!!

Sick and tired of searching for that elusive modem ? Search post #2 for I9300 modems & post #3 for the I9300T variant.

All modems are interchangeable between both these models. The I9300T modem is optimised for the 850 MHz band, but it may not be the best for you. Try, test and find out :)

I do encourage members to post their recommended modems for their various region / location / carrier / device model and testing results (signal strength & stability, speed, call quality, battery life etc).

However, please do not turn this into “which is the best modem for.........” thread. In most cases it is subjective. Your carrier, topography, location, time of day / night, network congestion, and distance from cell tower etc all make huge difference. Try, test them for yourself, and then post ;)

If you have a modem or request for a missing I9300 or I9300T, please feel free to post here and I’ll add it to OP (credit given) or endeavour to source and package it for you as soon as I’m able.

Samsung Firmware Naming Convention & Letter Code

Samsung Letter Code

And you can also find a good explanation here: [REF] Samsung firmware naming convention and explanation. It might not be up to date, but you should get the idea.

Flashing [Guide]

There are plenty around, if you don’t know how, please SEARCH the stickies for more info.......

* Odin > modem.tar in “Phone” section : Intratech
    * CWM Recovery > modem.zip from sdcard

Appreciate all your THANKS and contributions, the thread is now a sticky 26/9/2012 !!

:D Enjoy :D

Sources :

* samsung-updates
    * sammobile
    * checkfus
    * anywhere on the web

Other Excellent Sources & Contributors :

* [REF] Galaxy S3 RIL+Modem CWM Flashable Collection (RIL will not improve speed/signal strength, but possibly switching between UMTS-HSPA etc - save battery)
    * Perka file stash
    * xda members !

International Galaxy S3 I9300 ICS Modems

International Galaxy S3 I9300 JB Modems

DOWNLOAD JB

Click or tap Wuala shared folder "HERE"

XXELL4 (thanks to duttyend)
    XXELKC (thanks to perka)
    XXELLA (thanks to duttyend)

Vodafone

BUELK1 (thanks to riccardoPolaris)

Israel

JKELK4 (thanks to sudo.sh)

Spain

BVELK1(thanks to perka)

O2 UK

BWELK1 (thanks to perka)

Netherlands

CEELL1 (thanks to perka)

H3G UK, Sweden

NELK2 (thanks to perka)

SE Asia

DXELK1 (thanks to kamalmawa)

Dominican Republic

UBELL1 (thanks to kamalmawa)

DDELK1 (thanks to Perka)
    BOLK3 (thanks to Perka)
    XXELKB (thanks to Perka)
    BUEMA1 (thanks to Perka)
    XXEMB1 (thanks to Perka)
    XXMA1 (thanks to kamalmawa)
    XXEMB5 (thanks to kamalmawa)
    POEMB1 (thanks to kamalmawa)

XXDLH6 (thanks to samsung-updates & AdamLange)
    XXDLH7 (thanks to Kjetal & riccardoPolaris)
    XXDLH8 (thanks to victorator)
    XXDLH9 (thanks to victorator)
    XXDLI1 (thanks to victorator)
    XXDLI2 (thanks to indy)
    XXDLI3 (thanks to victorator)
    XXDLI4 (thanks to victorator)
    XXDLI5 (thanks to NeoBlade)
    XXDLI6 (thanks to victorator)
    XXDLI7 (thanks to victorator)
    XXDLI8 (thanks to kamalmawa)

XXDLIB (thanks to tumult, victorator)
    XXDLID (thanks to ikOrE)

DXDLI5 (thanks to Perka)

Three - 3

NEDLI1 (thanks to victorator)

PHN (Netherlands)

CEDLI1 (thanks to jjwa)

India

DDDLJ1 (thanks to victorator)

Other Carrier

BOLJ1 (thanks to 1SWork)
    BUDLI2 (thanks to roswell782)
    UBDLJ1 (thanks to jotademanuel)
    UBDLI2 (thanks to perka)

===========================================================

International Galaxy S3 I9300 ICS 4.0.4 Modems

DOWNLOAD ICS

If you are running XXB..... ROM, you may need to use modems 25/6/2012 (XXLFB) and newer or you may experience audio issues

Spain

BGLF1 04/6/2012

H3G

BOLE5
    BOLF1 25/6/2012
    BOLH2 21/8/2012

BULE6
    BULF1

Europe - Switzerland - Swisscom. Ireland - vdi, Portugal - Vodafone

BULG2 28/7/2012

Orange - France, UK - T Mobile, Switzerland

BVLE4
    BVLF2 07/6/2012
    BVLG1 26/7/2012
    BVLH1 13/8/2012

UK - O2

BWLE5
    BWLE7 25/6/2012

Netherlands

CELH1 31/7/2012

Nepal, Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh

DDLE8
    DDLE9
    DDLEA
    DDLF3 25/6/2012
    DDLH1 31/7/2012

Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam

DXLE8
    DXLE9
    DXLEA
    DXLF3 25/6/2012
    DXLG2 27/7/2012 (thanks to Perka, ASerg & riccardoPolaris)
    DXLH1 31/7/2012 (thanks to radongsg)

Israel

JKLE8 24/5/2012
    JKLF4 06/7/2012
    JKLH3 (thanks to AntonLiv92)

Nordic – Sweden, Denmark

NELE4
    NELF1 11/6/2012
    NELH1 21/8/2012 (thanks to angelsanges)

Argentina, Mexico, Colombia, Chile

UBLE6 13/5/2012
    UBLF2
    UBLG2 04/7/2012
    UBLG5 26/7/2012

UK, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, ....................

XXLE8
    XXLEF
    XXLF2
    XXLF5
    XXLFB 25/6/2012
    XXLG3 10/7/2012 (thanks to jnr21)
    XXLG6 19/7/2012 (thanks to bvx89)
    XXLG8 26/7/2012 (thanks to jesus_c)
    XXLH1 (thanks to pkoper)

China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

ZNLE9
    ZNLF2
    ZNLG1 05/7/2012
    ZNLG4 27/7/2012
    ZNLH3 16/8/2012
    International Galaxy S3 I9300T ICS Modems

There are no regional or carrier specific I9300T modems. They are the SAME, whether extracted from Thai, Oz, or NZ base firmware

Australia - Telstra / Vodafone, Thailand, New Zealand etc

International Galaxy S3 I9300 I9300T JB Modems

DOWNLOAD JB 4.1.2

TDUELL2 26/12/2012 (thanks to kamalmawa)
    TDUEMB1 (thanks to kamalmawa)

DOWNLOAD JB 4.1.1

TDUDLJ2

International Galaxy S3 I9300 I9300T ICS Modems

DOWNLOAD ICS

TDULE6
    TDULF2 05/6/2012
    TDULH1 01/8/2012
    TDUDLJ2 Modem + RIL

New I9300T JB Modem: TDUDLJ2
    Carrier: Vodafone AU
    Release Date: 26-Nov-2012

Odin tar package Google Drive link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6UrNVok0p_SQ0IzMVJ1dk5wWVU
    XXDLI8

CWM flashable XXDLI8 modem from the latest leak

Google Drive link https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6UrNVok0p_SRWVpVEE2ZkI4OUE