[Q] SafeStrap Stock Rom Backup?

Search This thread

Volvogia

Aug 10, 2012
Washington, WV
Hey guys I have a question. Im new to the newer basebands on the S4 so Im a little confused with all the safestrap stuff (you can thank my phone for having MDK that im so out of date lol). I bought my girlfriend a S4 off Swappa and it has MK2. Did all my XDA and googling and I have all my files and such for root and safestrap but here is my question. Once I get safestrap installed on her phone, is it necessary to do a backup of the Stock Base Rom? I dont see a point since it should not be touched in the 1st place and only use ROM slots for loading but Im not sure so I want to ask all you experts on this. Thanks guys :)

douger1957

Jul 31, 2010
Fort Wayne
Hey guys I have a question. Im new to the newer basebands on the S4 so Im a little confused with all the safestrap stuff (you can thank my phone for having MDK that im so out of date lol). I bought my girlfriend a S4 off Swappa and it has MK2. Did all my XDA and googling and I have all my files and such for root and safestrap but here is my question. Once I get safestrap installed on her phone, is it necessary to do a backup of the Stock Base Rom? I dont see a point since it should not be touched in the 1st place and only use ROM slots for loading but Im not sure so I want to ask all you experts on this. Thanks guys :)

I wouldn't think that you'd need to back it up. The MK2 .tar file is in the development section. Just ODIN back per the directions.

If you upgrade to KitKat... NC2 or NC5, there's a thread in that section that gives a fairly involved process to go back to MK2.

Reactions: Volvogia

Volvogia

Aug 10, 2012
Washington, WV
I wouldn't think that you'd need to back it up. The MK2 .tar file is in the development section. Just ODIN back per the directions.

If you upgrade to KitKat... NC2 or NC5, there's a thread in that section that gives a fairly involved process to go back to MK2.

Thanks for the response :). I dont plan on going to 4.4 unless Sbreen gets Hyperdrive on 4.4 and even then I may just stick with 4.3. RLS 15 Hyperdrive is what im going to install for her. Thanks for the help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.