[FAQ][HELP THREAD]Ask any questions here about s5830i/c/m/9i

Search This thread

iamareebjamal

Aug 7, 2012
Batcave
www.facebook.com
Help Thread

This is a help thread for s5830i/c/m/9i

You can ask any questions here, whether they are noobish or not. We'll try to answer them as quickly as possible.

But, take some time and read the FAQ below, which will really save you and us a lot of time.

Before anybody asks this out too, F.A.Q means Frequently Asked Questions

Which are really really asked very frequently in this forum as the population of NON-SEARCHERS increases day by day

So, I request any new user to visit and go through this thread first and then if his question is missed out and not answered, then:

1. Ask in Help Thread in General Section
2. Ask in ROM, kernel or mod specific thread

If these two go unanswered, THEN create a New Thread in RIGHT SECTION(Q&A Section)

So, please follow the rules

And here, first read Forum Rules :

Forum Rules

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. I only see a black screen/boot logo/loop of bootanimation when I turn my Phone On and it does not open, what to do?
A. Your mobile is most probably soft bricked. Follow these Guides :
Rooting, Unrooting and Unbrick Tutorial

Unbrick Tutorial with screenshots and video

Q. I can't go to Recovery/Download Mode, what to do?
A. Combination to go in:

Recovery Mode: Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously when phone is turned off

Download Mode : Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously when phone is turned off

If these fail, take out your battery, Press combination and reinsert battery

If you can go to Download mode but not in Recovery, then your device may be soft bricked, please refer to previous question

If all things fail, then sorry, your device is hard bricked, a USB JIGmight help

Q. How to root my s5830i?
A. See these Guides :
Rooting, Unrooting and ClockworkMod Tutorial

Root and Unroot Guide with CWM

Q. Odin v1.85 /v1.87 /v3.07 doesn't recognize my device, what to do?
A. Reinstall Samsung USB drivers. Trust me, it took me 5 tries to successfully do it. Connect your device while installation of drivers and a reboot is necessary after installation.

OR

1240489_497576703666874_397222589_n.jpg

Q. Can I flash ROMs/MOD/kernel/(anything I don't know about) of Galaxy Ace s5830 on my s5830i ?
A. Simple Answer, NO. You will brick your device if you do so.

Q. Can I flash ROMs/kernel/mod/(Anything I don't know about) of Galaxy Y s5360 on my s5830i?
A. ROMs can work on our device but they needs porting as several things won't work. Kernel will NOT work on our device. It's generally a good idea to avoid flashing anything that is not for your device and you don't know about it. So, No for noobs and Yes for experienced users

Q. I flashed a root package but due to something, I am not rooted, what to do?
A. Confirm that it was only for your device. If it was, try reflashing it. If it doesn't work, try flashing UNROOT package and then again flashing a root package that is confirmed to be working

Q. I flashed a custom ROM and now my headphones aren't working, what to do?
A. You will have to flash Rafael kernel and modules from this thread :

Rafael.Baugis kernel and modules

Q. Due to some reasons, my SIM contacts are not showing, what to do?
A. Its a known bug with our kernels, maybe you recently flashed one. Easy way to fix is to insert your SIM card in any other phone and export all SIM contacts to sdcard and then Import it back to your Android by sdcard

Q. I have lost my IMEI no. What to do?
A. To check if IMEI is lost or not, open your dialpad and type *#06#. A window will pop up, if it has 15 digits written on it, your IMEI is intact and there is no need to continue reading it, If it is blank, then follow the procedure.

First, you will have to flash Stock ROM. Link to its guide is given in above FAQs. When you have done it, you will get your IMEI back. Now, root your ROM, download Galaxy Toolbox from Play Store and accept the superuser permission and backup EFS partition.

Now, flash your desired ROM/kernel, and install Galaxy Toolbox and restore IMEI, AND CHECK IN THE INFORMATION SECTION WITHIN THE APP, if IMEI no. is written, then Ok, if it's not written, then redo the process.

Now, you may be able to see the IMEI no. (within the information section of Galaxy Toolbox, but not when you type *#06# in dialpad). To make the change be in effect, reboot your phone.

Note: Sometimes you will have to repeat this process several times and it is recommended to do it after media scanning finishes and, sometimes, when you restore it and you are able to see IMEI in information panel, it is temporary and goes blank in about a minute. So, I recommend waiting for about a minute of restoring and then confirming it isn't lost again and then rebooting.

And due to some unknown reasons, IMEI can also disappear randomly between reboot.

If nothing works, then follow this

Fix IMEI

Q. I am not able to call/text/use my data/lost network . What to do?
A. You have probably lost your IMEI, follow the guide in above FAQ

Q. What is the best ROM/kernel/mod for this device/ for me?
A. There is NO best ROM/kernel/mod. Everything is based on your taste. head over to development thread to find out some awesome things and choose yourself.

That's all for now
Will add more when I get time
Its midnight here and tomorrow is my exam

Excuse me if there are some errors, these all texts and BB codes were written on mobile

Don't forget to suggest me some FAQ

Last edited:
R

rahulnandwani

Re: FAQ Thread (Redirect newbies to here)

Add
Lost imei
Cyanogen mod 10.1 on ace I
Temple run 2 on ace I :p
Chain fire 3d
Increase internal memory

Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda premium

Last edited:
R

rahulnandwani

Edit:
Not gonna steal your thanks
I give the privelige to you to find links and add it :p:D

Last edited:

uchihachi

Aug 30, 2012

Download mode : Vol up + vol down + power button. Please correct it.

Reactions: Akhilesh J

srt99

Dec 12, 2012
Ahmedabad
Redmi K20 Pro

nice...much needed thread as ppl were continuously asking same questions..
edit: should add that 5839i and 5830i are same and anything for 5830i will work on 5839i

Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: abe s lolipup

ChelebiTech

Jan 20, 2013
Ynt: FAQ Thread (Redirect newbies to here)

edit: should add that 5839i and 5830i are same and anything for 5830i will work on 5839i

But firmwares dont match. I accidently flashed s5839i firmware and after first boot gives a lot of error in recovery screen. Then flashed back a S5830i firmware to make phone work normal.

Do you want an empty life, or a meaningful death?

srt99

Dec 12, 2012
Ahmedabad
Redmi K20 Pro

But firmwares dont match. I accidently flashed s5839i firmware and after first boot gives a lot of error in recovery screen. Then flashed back a S5830i firmware to make phone work normal.

but i read that both phone are same...
i didn't knew that.

ChelebiTech

Jan 20, 2013
but i read that both phone are same...
i didn't knew that.

Roms can be used between them. probably CSC error or may be a system i dont recall now. But i couldnt flash 5839i on my phone. Will try in spare time to see the exact problem.

Reactions: srt99

vishalkashi777

Jan 20, 2013
Hey any one know why my link2sd is not making ext3 mount script it says It says invalid argument how to fix this anyone know then plz reply.......and i want to ask is this happening beacause first i make partition of 1GB and then mounted it shows error in ext3 and ext4 so i added ext2 mount script at that time i was on simplicity v5 and i m now on stock is this because in first time if we make a mount script then we cannot change the script to other ??? Im not sure i was jst asking if any one know plz explain whole things i have asked..... And also to inform you guyz i have made ext3 partition before many times and later increased my 512mb to 1GB partition......help me outtttt

Dont thank the people who dont thank you :D

Last edited:

Bolydark

Jun 2, 2012
help nedeed urgent

i get this when i reboot

E:Can't open /data/log/recovery_log.txt
E:copy_kernel_file :: Can't open /data/log/recovery_kernel_log.txt
Rebooting...

i try to reflash with oddin. but still stuck in boot lop

i have a gt-s5830m
if somebody can help me
I really appreciate it:crying:

vishalkashi777

Jan 20, 2013
Help my phone looses imei every time i flash a new kernel rafael,hell lock......i am on stock...and any one give me instructions to install kernel i have tried procedure in rafael's post but got bricked anyone tell me plz.......

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Help Thread

This is a help thread for s5830i/c/m/9i

You can ask any questions here, whether they are noobish or not. We'll try to answer them as quickly as possible.

But, take some time and read the FAQ below, which will really save you and us a lot of time.

Before anybody asks this out too, F.A.Q means Frequently Asked Questions

Which are really really asked very frequently in this forum as the population of NON-SEARCHERS increases day by day

So, I request any new user to visit and go through this thread first and then if his question is missed out and not answered, then:

1. Ask in Help Thread in General Section
    2. Ask in ROM, kernel or mod specific thread

If these two go unanswered, THEN create a New Thread in RIGHT SECTION(Q&A Section)

So, please follow the rules

And here, first read Forum Rules :

Forum Rules

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. I only see a black screen/boot logo/loop of bootanimation when I turn my Phone On and it does not open, what to do?
    A. Your mobile is most probably soft bricked. Follow these Guides :
    Rooting, Unrooting and Unbrick Tutorial

Unbrick Tutorial with screenshots and video

Q. I can't go to Recovery/Download Mode, what to do?
    A. Combination to go in:

Recovery Mode: Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously when phone is turned off

Download Mode : Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously when phone is turned off

If these fail, take out your battery, Press combination and reinsert battery

If you can go to Download mode but not in Recovery, then your device may be soft bricked, please refer to previous question

If all things fail, then sorry, your device is hard bricked, a USB JIGmight help

Q. How to root my s5830i?
    A. See these Guides :
    Rooting, Unrooting and ClockworkMod Tutorial

Root and Unroot Guide with CWM

Q. Odin v1.85 /v1.87 /v3.07 doesn't recognize my device, what to do?
    A. Reinstall Samsung USB drivers. Trust me, it took me 5 tries to successfully do it. Connect your device while installation of drivers and a reboot is necessary after installation.

OR

1240489_497576703666874_397222589_n.jpg

Q. Can I flash ROMs/MOD/kernel/(anything I don't know about) of Galaxy Ace s5830 on my s5830i ?
    A. Simple Answer, NO. You will brick your device if you do so.

Q. Can I flash ROMs/kernel/mod/(Anything I don't know about) of Galaxy Y s5360 on my s5830i?
    A. ROMs can work on our device but they needs porting as several things won't work. Kernel will NOT work on our device. It's generally a good idea to avoid flashing anything that is not for your device and you don't know about it. So, No for noobs and Yes for experienced users

Q. I flashed a root package but due to something, I am not rooted, what to do?
    A. Confirm that it was only for your device. If it was, try reflashing it. If it doesn't work, try flashing UNROOT package and then again flashing a root package that is confirmed to be working

Q. I flashed a custom ROM and now my headphones aren't working, what to do?
    A. You will have to flash Rafael kernel and modules from this thread :

Rafael.Baugis kernel and modules

Q. Due to some reasons, my SIM contacts are not showing, what to do?
    A. Its a known bug with our kernels, maybe you recently flashed one. Easy way to fix is to insert your SIM card in any other phone and export all SIM contacts to sdcard and then Import it back to your Android by sdcard

Q. I have lost my IMEI no. What to do?
    A. To check if IMEI is lost or not, open your dialpad and type *#06#. A window will pop up, if it has 15 digits written on it, your IMEI is intact and there is no need to continue reading it, If it is blank, then follow the procedure.

First, you will have to flash Stock ROM. Link to its guide is given in above FAQs. When you have done it, you will get your IMEI back. Now, root your ROM, download Galaxy Toolbox from Play Store and accept the superuser permission and backup EFS partition.

Now, flash your desired ROM/kernel, and install Galaxy Toolbox and restore IMEI, AND CHECK IN THE INFORMATION SECTION WITHIN THE APP, if IMEI no. is written, then Ok, if it's not written, then redo the process.

Now, you may be able to see the IMEI no. (within the information section of Galaxy Toolbox, but not when you type *#06# in dialpad). To make the change be in effect, reboot your phone.

Note: Sometimes you will have to repeat this process several times and it is recommended to do it after media scanning finishes and, sometimes, when you restore it and you are able to see IMEI in information panel, it is temporary and goes blank in about a minute. So, I recommend waiting for about a minute of restoring and then confirming it isn't lost again and then rebooting.

And due to some unknown reasons, IMEI can also disappear randomly between reboot.

If nothing works, then follow this

Fix IMEI

Q. I am not able to call/text/use my data/lost network . What to do?
    A. You have probably lost your IMEI, follow the guide in above FAQ

Q. What is the best ROM/kernel/mod for this device/ for me?
    A. There is NO best ROM/kernel/mod. Everything is based on your taste. head over to development thread to find out some awesome things and choose yourself.

That's all for now
    Will add more when I get time
    Its midnight here and tomorrow is my exam

Excuse me if there are some errors, these all texts and BB codes were written on mobile

Don't forget to suggest me some FAQ

You can ask any admin of XDA to do so.

Eg: MikeChannon, the_scotsman, etc

He did and I changed it:)

Mike
    I'm sorry you're right

98rf.png

there is no option to select contacts to call!!!
    I hope you understand now

Oh i got it but their is another way to call...
    Just go to Contacts App then go to your desire calling person and just swipe right on name of that person you will get to call :)
    Hope these helps you .
    Ynt: FAQ Thread (Redirect newbies to here)

the phone canot go to downloading hellp me?
    i install roms gt_s5570i to gt_s5830i phone hang up ? hellp me plase?:crying::crying:

The real combination for download mode is volume up + down + power button.

And why the hell do you flash roms for another devices? If this would be possible, xda would have only 1 section for all devices.