[GUIDE] Download Booster Working (Verizon Version)

Search This thread

chronicaust

Sep 8, 2013
Moulton
MODIFIED TO NOW WORK WITH VERIZON.
Confirmed working on Verizon Retail Edition and Dev Edition (no flashing involved, just what is listed here)

Here's a zip you can flash on firmware NCG. Thanks to @BigBot96

NCG auto enabler
OKAY guys I got it working. See screenshots. AND FOLLOW THESE STEPS

Requirements:

Use this services.jar NOT the one from the zip. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vjq70yfdxrmmj9/services.jar
Root
ES File Explorer (make sure Root Mode is enabled)
v2.1 odex file from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719582

YMMV, so I recommend copying these two files from your system folder to somewhere safe (external sd or PC) just in case something goes wrong.

GOOD LUCK!

1. Download/unzip the services.odex file from the zip. Download modified services.jar from here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vjq70yfdxrmmj9/services.jar )

2. Copy Both files to the /system root folder
3. Fix all permissions to rw-r-r (3 checks in first column, first check in second, rest blank) DOUBLE CHECK THIS (See Attached)
4. Copy services.JAR from the system root folder to the /system/framework folder, overwrite.
5. Copy services.ODEX from the system root folder to the /system/framework folder, overwrite again.
6. Reboot

Mine took a few minutes to boot up, and reodexed everything "Android is updating apps".
?????
Profit.

CLICK THANKS.

btw HUGE thanks to RevelationOmega for doing the hard part!!

Also thanks to joshw0000 and Joderme for testing/helping me come up with this!

TURNING ON DOWNLOAD BOOSTER

CREATE A SHORTCUT TO ENABLE
1. Download AnyCut from the play store (icon is a mushroom)
2. Open the app, and choose New Shortcut > Activity
3. Find Download Booster
4. This should add a shortcut icon to your Home Screen
5. Use shortcut to turn it on.

TO GET THE QUICKSETTINGS TILE
1. Download SQlite editor (the one in the screenie works best)
2. In apps, find settings storage > settings.db > system
3. Search for notification
4. Find the three labeled Notification_Panel_Active_App_List, notification_panel_default_active_app_list and Notification_Panel_Active_App_List_for_Reset, add it to all of these.
5. Add NetworkBooster; as seen in screenshot attached.
6. Go to Settings > Notification Panel > and press Reset
7. Reboot

TESTING DOWNLOAD BOOSTER
0. Make sure you are connected to WIFI and LTE (Does not work on regular 4G or lower)
1. Open the Play Store
2. Find the app called DCIkonZ (or any app over 30 mb)
3. Install app as normal. You should get a popup as seen in attached and see a toast saying Download Booster enabled...

If you'd like to donate just PM me for PayPal. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• sanaby6a.jpg
    sanaby6a.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 4,497
  • uvasy7uv.jpg
    uvasy7uv.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 4,611
  • Screenshot_2014-06-16-23-01-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-23-01-59.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 4,568
  • Screenshot_2014-06-16-23-02-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-23-02-58.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 4,401
Last edited:

Jace300

May 27, 2014
Yeah don't do this... now my phone is stuck on the Verizon logo.. I don't know how to fix it! :|

chronicaust

Sep 8, 2013
Moulton
If your phone won't boot, take it to your local Best Buy. The Samsung people have a reflash tool that can fix your phone. Not sure if you guys have a odin image or not just wanted to let you know.

I'm sorry guys. I hoped it would work.

Jace300

May 27, 2014
Did you try flashing back to stock in Odin? Can't hurt...then just re root

Its flashing as we type.

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

If your phone won't boot, take it to your local Best Buy. The Samsung people have a reflash tool that can fix your phone. Not sure if you guys have a odin image or not just wanted to let you know.

I'm sorry guys. I hoped it would work.

Please edit the OP and say it will soft brick on VZW variants... So don't try it

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
No problem! Figured it can only be a soft brick easily fixed by flashing stock again. Better to re-set everything up and do a 15 second root than it is going about having to get a whole new phone:)

yea.. if his phone can get to boot screen good chance to save it usin odin.. this thread should b closed lol dunno y someone posted in our forum when we have a dif variant.. glad no hard bricks came of it

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

vacaloca

Jun 11, 2010
Same here, bud. Just debloating everything again. (At least the root works) :D

Might be a bit late.. but chances are ADB was still active. When I was trying out to remove the hotspot restriction manuaĺly, by uploading a recompiled framework-res.apk, it also got stuck at the verizon logo in the boot process but i was still able to use adb to replace the file with the original and when it finished copying the phone completely booted.

Reactions: bruderhood15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Confirmed working on Verizon Retail Edition and Dev Edition (no flashing involved, just what is listed here)

Here's a zip you can flash on firmware NCG. Thanks to @BigBot96

NCG auto enabler

Requirements:

Use this services.jar NOT the one from the zip. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vjq70yfdxrmmj9/services.jar
    Root

YMMV, so I recommend copying these two files from your system folder to somewhere safe (external sd or PC) just in case something goes wrong.

GOOD LUCK!

1. Download/unzip the services.odex file from the zip. Download modified services.jar from here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vjq70yfdxrmmj9/services.jar )

3. Fix all permissions to rw-r-r (3 checks in first column, first check in second, rest blank) DOUBLE CHECK THIS (See Attached)
    4. Copy services.JAR from the system root folder to the /system/framework folder, overwrite.
    5. Copy services.ODEX from the system root folder to the /system/framework folder, overwrite again.
    6. Reboot

Mine took a few minutes to boot up, and reodexed everything "Android is updating apps".
    ?????
    Profit.

CLICK THANKS.

3. Find Download Booster

4. Find the three labeled Notification_Panel_Active_App_List, notification_panel_default_active_app_list and Notification_Panel_Active_App_List_for_Reset, add it to all of these.
    7. Reboot

TESTING DOWNLOAD BOOSTER
    0. Make sure you are connected to WIFI and LTE (Does not work on regular 4G or lower)
    1. Open the Play Store
    3. Install app as normal. You should get a popup as seen in attached and see a toast saying Download Booster enabled...

@chronicaust,

I put together a flashable zip for this MOD. Both odex and deodex.

NCG auto enabler

Feel free to link this post in the OP :good:
    Been extremely sick this past time, will be working on everything very soon. In and out of hospital. Thanks for your patience.

Requirements:

Root

GOOD LUCK!

6. Reboot

?????
    Profit.

CLICK THANKS.

3. Find Download Booster

7. Reboot

TESTING DOWNLOAD BOOSTER
    1. Open the Play Store

idk if you know this but Verizon has released 5.0 lollipop and Verizon didn't take out the download booster so if you have 5.0 lollipop then you already have download booster, to get to it you goto settings then more networks then its at the very top you just in-able it and anything you download half will be downloaded from WiFi and the other half from data and it has its own special icon at the top when its enabled
    Nice I got it working with Xposed and X tether. Only problem now is how to get it to work? I turned it on in the setting, so I got that going and also I'm having trouble getting the quick tile showing in my drop down menu. Followed the all the instructions with sqlite, but dont have the same results.

Go to phone Settings>Notification Panel and press the reset button. This made my new buttons appear for both WiFiHotspot and download booster.