[GUIDE] Flashing Your First HD2 NAND Android Rom [For Newbs]

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
I wrote this thread for users who need more newb friendly instructions on flashing a NAND Android Rom to their phones.

This thread is to help people get Android flashed to NAND, its NOT a place for discussion on why you think Android is better on SD Card or why
WM6.5 is better. If you feel like you need to air your opinions (which of course you are free to do on xda) then please post them in the Android Lounge.

If you want to use CWM Roms then follow this guide to flash Magldr to your phone, then go *HERE* for everything you need to know about using Clockwork Mod.

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS GUIDE AND THE FAQ BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS!!

*DO NOT start another process while any flashing process is taking place*

*DO NOT click off of the status bar... Let it stay in the foreground*
*DO NOT let the Screensaver (on your pc) activate*

!!Any of these can lead to a bad flash and possibly brick your phone!!

REQUIREMENTS BEFORE STARTING!! IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS!!

1. YOU NEED A RADIO WHICH SUPPORTS 576 RAM (2.08.50 or later should be fine but the Radio NEEDS to be 2.**.50.**). I recommed the 2.15.50.14 Radio *HERE*
2. YOU NEED HARDSPL 2.08 INSTALLED ON YOUR DEVICE TO FLASH MAGLDR

3. Download MAGLDR 1.13 package from *HERE* and extract to an empty folder on your pc
4. Download a NAND Android ROM from *THIS* Forum and extract to an empty folder on your pc

NOTE1: If you dont have 1 or 2 on your phone then goto *THIS* thread for instructions on how to install HardSPL and update your Radio

NOTE2: You do NOT need to flash a Stock Rom before starting this, a Custom Rom will be fine as long as you have HardSPL 2.08 and a 576 RAM compatable Radio

NOTE3: If you are running Windows XP then you will not be able to right click and run the files as Administrator so just double click and run as normal

-------------------------------------------------------

1. FLASH MAGLDR TO YOUR DEVICE

The Original MAGLDR Thread by Cotulla is *HERE*

NOTE1: LEO512 and LEO1024 are both supported
NOTE2: MAGLDR doesn't replace OSPL/HSPL. It runs in the chain after. So it's safe to install and remove it
NOTE3:
You can flash between 1.11, 1.12 and 1.13 versions on Magldr without losing your NAND Rom

1. Synch Phone with PC in Windows Mobile!!! It has to be connected to activesync or WMDC via USB cable
NOTE: As an alternative method to activesync you can restart your phone in Bootloader Mode, then connect the usb cable and wait until 'usb' appears in the bottom half of your phones screen
2. Browse to the folder you extracted your Magldr Package files to on your pc, right click on ROMUpdateUtility.exe and select Run as Administrator
3. Tick the box to confirm you are aware of the risks and select 'Next'
4. Tick the box to confirm you have followed the preperation steps and select 'Next'
* The program will now check the usb connection *
5. Select 'Update'
6. Verify the image you will flash (it should say 2.00.000.0) and Select 'Next'
7. Read the process list and Select 'Next'
8. Your phone will enter BootLoader Mode and the progress will goto 100%
9. Your phone will now Reboot. Congrats, you just flashed MAGLDR.

NOTE: To Enter MAGLDR Menu Screen after installation, Long Hold the Power Button when resetting the phone and the menu will appear

2. FLASH YOUR ANDROID ROM

The Original NAND Android Thread by Cotulla is *HERE*

NOTE1: This section is only applicable AFTER you have flashed MAGLDR to your Device
NOTE2: Make sure your phone is still connected via usb cable before starting

* When your phone Reboots it will Enter the MAGLDR Boot Menu Screen *
1. Press the 'Volume Down' button to goto Option 5: USB Flasher and press the 'Call' button (far left of the 5 hardware buttons at the bottom)
2. The menu will enter Android Flasher mode and install usb drivers if not present
3. Browse to the folder you extracted your NAND Android Package files to on your pc, right click on Run DAF.exe (or Install.exe if DAF.exe isnt present) and select Run as Administrator
4. Read ALL the text and then select 'Next'
5. Read the information and select 'Next'
6. The installer will now detect USB and then flash your Android Rom to NAND
* You can follow this progress on your Phones Screen *
7. When flashing is complete your phone will Reboot and proceed to boot Android from NAND

3. FLASHING A NEW NAND ANDROID ROM OVER A PREVIOUS ONE

Once you have flashed Magldr to your device you do not have to go through the whole process again if you want to flash a new NAND Android Rom:

1. Turn your phone off
2. Restart your phone by holding down the 'Power' button and keep holding it down until the Magldr Menu appears
3. Press the 'Volume Down' button to goto Option 5: USB Flasher and press the 'Call' button (far left of the 5 hardware buttons at the bottom)
4. Browse to the folder you extracted your NAND Android Rom files to on your pc, right click on Run DAF.exe (or install.exe if Daf.exe isnt listed) and select Run as Administrator (if using Windows Vista or Windows 7)
5. Read ALL the text and then select 'Next'
6. Read the information and select 'Next'
7. The installer will now detect USB and then flash your Android Rom to NAND
8. When flashing is complete your phone will Reboot and proceed to boot Android from NAND

4. FLASHING AN ANDROID SPLASH SCREEN

If you want to give your phone the total Android experience then you are in luck.

I made a few Splash Screens that can be flashed very easily as well as including the Original Stock Splash Screen if you change your mind.

Go to *THIS* thread for instructions and downloads.

5. UNINSTALLING MAGLDR AND NAND ANDROID (FLASHING WINMO BACK TO NAND)

To uninstall Magldr and any Android Rom that you installed to NAND, do the following:

1. Download a Stock Rom from *HERE* or a Custom Rom from the HD2 Rom Development Forum (for LEO512 ONLY, LEO1024 users will have to use a TMOUS compatable Stock or Custom Rom that is LEO1024 compatable).
2. Enter Bootloader Mode by taking the battery out, then put it back in and hold down the 'Volume Down' button while briefly pressing the power button.
3. After the phone enters the Bootloader Screen, plug in the usb cable so it says usb at the bottom of the screen
4. Run the Stock Roms .exe file (or run the customruu.exe file of the Custom Rom you want to flash)
* This will flash a Stock Rom and Radio while keeping your HardSPL untouched *

Useful Information

How to Enter the Magldr Menu Screen
1. Turn your phone off
2. Long Hold the Power Button until the Magldr menu appears

How to get into your Bootloader Screen
1. Turn your phone off
2. Press and hold the 'Volume Down' button then briefly press the 'Power' button to switch the phone on. Let go of the 'Power' button but keep holding the 'Volume Down' button until the tri-coloured screen appears (should take around 3 seconds).
3. To exit Bootloader you need to remove your back cover and pull the battery out for a few seconds, then replace it and press the 'Power' button to reboot your phone.

*DISCLAIMER*
I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

Attachments

• DFT_LEO_MAGLDR113_DAF.rar
    605 KB · Views: 116,473
Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Flashing Your First NAND Android Rom [For Newbs]

NAND ANDROID FAQ

If you have any general NAND Android problems then take a look at *THIS* thread which has more tips

After flashing Magldr the Phone Reboots but gets stuck at the Splash Screen

You most probably have an older incompatable Radio on your phone. The Radio needs to be at LEAST 2.08.50 and the .50 is very important as it means the Radio is 576 RAM compatable (as stated in post1). The Radio I recommend is 2.15.50.14 and you can download it *HERE*. Boot your phone into the Bootloader Screen and flash a newer Radio and everything should be fine

-----------------------------------------------------

I have a 3.14 Rom with an SPL 3.03 and cannot install HardSPL 2.08

You must downgrade your Rom to a Rom with an SPL 2.10 or lower in order to install HardSPL 2.08. Try to find a 1.48, 1.66 or 1.72 Rom from your carrier and flash via micro SD Card to downgrade the Rom and SPL, then install HardSPL 2.08 and flash a new Radio to meet the requirements for flashing Magldr. If you cant find a Stock Rom that will flash on your phone then goto *THIS* thread and read on how to create a GoldCard for your micro SD Card. With a GoldCard you will be able to flash ANY Stock Rom without problem.

When flashing MAGLDR the status remains at 0% for a long time, then gives a USB connection error

You need 2.08.HSPL installed in order to flash Magldr. Use HSPL3.exe and the Steps in *THIS* thread to do that.

I have installed everything but when my phone boots into android, after about a minute it will just restart itself and continue the same over and over without ever fully going into android

Do you use an Extended Battery? The current kernels in these NAND Roms don't support EB as yet. If so, try with your normal battery.

I Dont Have Mobile Internet on my Phone

You may need to set up your APN settings manually:

Goto Settings, Wireless & networks, Mobile networks, Access Point Names
If there isnt anything on the screen then press the middle hardware button and select 'New APN'
Enter the following info for TMobile US -

Two APN's should be Created. One should be called T-Mobile Data and one should be T-Mobile MMS. The data settings should be:

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: <Not set>
MMS Port: <Not set>
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN Type: <Not set>

The MMS settings should be almost the same with the first and last items changed:

Name: T-Mobile MMS
APN Type: mms

Backing out of the settings should take you to the APN names where there will be the two entries, but only one (T-Mobile Data) will be the only one where you can select the radio button to make it active. The proxy addresses and ports are NOT required and they recommend you don't use them.

You may need to restart Android for the settings to take affect

For other Networks go *HERE* and find your individual settings

Not able to make a usb connection to the phone when in Magldr

Error Description: USB init failed
Info: .\RSPL\RSPL.cpp (723)

Go to the Activesync icon in the bottom right corner, right click on it and untick the option "Allow usb connections" and then connect the device again. Run daf.exe (or install.exe) as administrator by right clicking on it and selecting the option (if using Windows7 or Vista). Hopefully the usb drivers will then install and the Android Rom will flash.

Another option could be to uninstall and reinstall Activesync or to try different usb ports on your pc. If that doesnt work and you have Windows XP then you need to try on a machine with Vista or Windows 7.

If none of this works then try taking out your micro SD Card and repeating the process or flash a Custom Rom before you flash Magldr rather than a Stock Rom.

Lastly you could try starting the NAND installer with the phone unplugged and then plugged the phone in. The installer should immediately detect your device and proceed to flash.

Error Description: send partition data failed
Info: .\RSPL\RSPL.cpp (802)

Error Description:
Info: .\RSPL\RSPL.cpp (545)

Try removing your micro SD Card then redownload your NAND Rom again. Extract it using WinZip or WinRar then right click and select Run As Administrator (Vista and Windows7 only) with your AntiVirus turned off

How do I find my Radio version in Android?

In Android goto Settings (center hardware button), About Phone. Look at the BaseBand version and your current Radio is the second half of that line.

eg. BaseBand 15.42.50.11U_2.15.50.14

Robot Voice in a Call

Make a call, turn on the speaker, turn off the speaker and end the call. All should be fine after that (until you reboot that is)

Im running Out of Storage Space for my Apps

Root your HD2 Android phone by donwloading z4root.apk.
http://tinyurl.com/32yarv5
Apply and restart phone.

Download and install ModInstallLocation.
http://tinyurl.com/3a2flgc

In Superuser app, allow ModInstallLocation app.
Restart phone.

In ModInstallLocation app choose location 2 (SD Card) and save
Reboot Android.

From now on any app you download will AUTOMATICALLY be installed on SD card. Also you can move your existing apps from Phone to SD in the Application settings.

Importing WM Contacts into Android

You need PIM Backup, a computer with internet access and a Gmail account.

1. Open PIM Backup on your Windows Mobile device. Select the Backup action and unselect everything but contacts, then hit Next.
2. At the "Select backup filename and folder" screen, unselect the "compress backup" and "binary backup" options, then hit Next.
3. Transfer the BACKUP.PIB file that you just made from your phone to your computer. Change the extension from .PIB to .RAR, then extract the file.
4. The extracted file should be BACKUP.CSC. Simply change the extension to .CSV and import the file to your gmail account. All your contacts can now be imported to your phone through gmail - just follow the instructions given in the phone's contact menu.

or activesync with google http://www.google.com/support/mobile...&answer=138636

Last edited:

FerretAD

Aug 26, 2006
Lincolnshire
2. You need HARDSPL installed on your device to flash MAGLDR

What that should say is:

2. You need HARDSPL 2.08 installed on your device to flash MAGLDR

Other than that, it's a good guide !

EDIT: I notice you've taken my suggestion into account - Don't forget the 'Thanks' button ;)

Last edited:

peetuhr

May 13, 2009
Ottawa, ON
problems abound.

I flashed the newest radio and then MAGLDR and everything was going smooth.
then I tried to flash the DFT stock build and it returned an error

After that I tried to flash the Cyanogen mod NAND and it picked it up and then installed properly but then after booting it just loops over and over again and never actually starts. I've read all available resources and nothing helps!

SH4YD33

Jun 23, 2006
The Bay, CA
www.theripperz.net
I'm using a Tmobile HD2 w/ radio 2.14 SPL 2.08

After installing MAGLDR and i go to flash a rom all i get is the usb init error. I wait until when i plug my device i get the :USB. Rebooted pc after drivers were installed.

Any advice.

EDIT:

Flashed using windows 7 and it seems to be working.... dont know what the problem was with my xp.

Last edited:
Reactions: cozkan

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
I have to say, I really don't see what all the hoopla is about.
What does NAND give us that we don't get already?
With SD-based roms, we can change, update, switch, multiboot, and mess around with everything we want without danger to our device. If anything goes wrong, just reboot and be done with it.
With NAND, we run the risk of completely destroying our device, not to mention the hassle of updating and changing roms (which in itself is a process that can brick the device).
And with RAM builds, speed and boot isn't an issue anymore.
So what exactly is the big deal?

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
Thanks for the guide.

I understand that HSPL remains on the phone so worst case, I can always return to HSPL. However what is unclear is that all the guides seem to say that to return to WinMo, you need to flash a stock ROM. Therefore overwriting HSPL.

Is it not possible in the event that Android doesn't work to just boot into HSPL, run a Task29 and flash a cooked WinMo ROM?

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
With SD-based roms, we can change, update, switch, multiboot, and mess around with everything we want without danger to our device. If anything goes wrong, just reboot and be done with it.
With NAND, we run the risk of completely destroying our device, not to mention the hassle of updating and changing roms (which in itself is a process that can brick the device).
This is a thread to help users who wish to install Android to NAND on their device. If you have any comments feel free to post them in the Android Lounge but please keep this thread free from comments unrelated to the thread as it just causes clutter.

Thanks, Mark.

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
This is a thread to help users who wish to install Android to NAND on their device. If you have any comments feel free to post them in the Android Lounge but please keep this thread free from comments unrelated to the thread as it just causes clutter.

Thanks, Mark.

Right, sorry 'bout that.

kkeller416

Jun 24, 2010
Boston
OnePlus 7T
hello
I followed the instructions, however i got stuck at usb not syncing with dft.exe and would fail install.
seems to be a possible driver issue I dont have any usb devices show up in device manager when plugging in phone in the magdlr screen
i tried installing oem rom and then install magldr however same result
seems others are having the same issue
thanks

luffyp

Oct 11, 2009
Hi mskip. Just one question about HSPL. Currently I have 1.66HSPL on my phone (Europe HD2), can I flash to 2.08HSPL using the HSPL2 program (i.e. not HSPL3)? From what I read from the HSPL thread, HSPL3 only adds compatibility to TMOHD2 but since I have Europe HD2, HSPL2 or 3 shouldn't make a difference to me is that correct? (I once got an error when using HSPL3 so I tried to avoid it.)

Reactions: MTIH1992

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Hi mskip. Just one question about HSPL. Currently I have 1.66HSPL on my phone (Europe HD2), can I flash to 2.08HSPL using the HSPL2 program (i.e. not HSPL3)? From what I read from the HSPL thread, HSPL3 only adds compatibility to TMOHD2 but since I have Europe HD2, HSPL2 or 3 shouldn't make a difference to me is that correct? (I once got an error when using HSPL3 so I tried to avoid it.)
Yes you can use HSPL2 to update to HSPL 2.08

Mark.

zoth

Nov 13, 2009
TEXAS
problems abound.

After that I tried to flash the Cyanogen mod NAND and it picked it up and then installed properly but then after booting it just loops over and over again and never actually starts. I've read all available resources and nothing helps!

Same here just boot loops galore, :mad:

Boots fine the droid on skates, phone powers down ans does the same thing over and over...

pcmanuser

Nov 30, 2009
thanks, i flashed android without having problems.

But in case i want to turn back to windows mobile i don't understand how to do that...

I need an active-sync connection don't i? and how can i get into the magldr befor my android is even booting?

edit:
i just typed while the stock rom installer was still searching.. Sorry

Huts hild down volume and power on to the tricolored bootloader, then plugin your usb cable and start the stock flash installer... like described on the first page...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wrote this thread for users who need more newb friendly instructions on flashing a NAND Android Rom to their phones.

This thread is to help people get Android flashed to NAND, its NOT a place for discussion on why you think Android is better on SD Card or why
    WM6.5 is better. If you feel like you need to air your opinions (which of course you are free to do on xda) then please post them in the Android Lounge.

If you want to use CWM Roms then follow this guide to flash Magldr to your phone, then go *HERE* for everything you need to know about using Clockwork Mod.

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS GUIDE AND THE FAQ BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS!!

*DO NOT start another process while any flashing process is taking place*

*DO NOT click off of the status bar... Let it stay in the foreground*
    *DO NOT let the Screensaver (on your pc) activate*

!!Any of these can lead to a bad flash and possibly brick your phone!!

REQUIREMENTS BEFORE STARTING!! IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS!!

1. YOU NEED A RADIO WHICH SUPPORTS 576 RAM (2.08.50 or later should be fine but the Radio NEEDS to be 2.**.50.**). I recommed the 2.15.50.14 Radio *HERE*
    2. YOU NEED HARDSPL 2.08 INSTALLED ON YOUR DEVICE TO FLASH MAGLDR

3. Download MAGLDR 1.13 package from *HERE* and extract to an empty folder on your pc
    4. Download a NAND Android ROM from *THIS* Forum and extract to an empty folder on your pc

NOTE1: If you dont have 1 or 2 on your phone then goto *THIS* thread for instructions on how to install HardSPL and update your Radio

NOTE2: You do NOT need to flash a Stock Rom before starting this, a Custom Rom will be fine as long as you have HardSPL 2.08 and a 576 RAM compatable Radio

NOTE3: If you are running Windows XP then you will not be able to right click and run the files as Administrator so just double click and run as normal

1. FLASH MAGLDR TO YOUR DEVICE

The Original MAGLDR Thread by Cotulla is *HERE*

NOTE1: LEO512 and LEO1024 are both supported
    NOTE2: MAGLDR doesn't replace OSPL/HSPL. It runs in the chain after. So it's safe to install and remove it
    NOTE3:
    You can flash between 1.11, 1.12 and 1.13 versions on Magldr without losing your NAND Rom

1. Synch Phone with PC in Windows Mobile!!! It has to be connected to activesync or WMDC via USB cable
    NOTE: As an alternative method to activesync you can restart your phone in Bootloader Mode, then connect the usb cable and wait until 'usb' appears in the bottom half of your phones screen
    2. Browse to the folder you extracted your Magldr Package files to on your pc, right click on ROMUpdateUtility.exe and select Run as Administrator
    3. Tick the box to confirm you are aware of the risks and select 'Next'
    4. Tick the box to confirm you have followed the preperation steps and select 'Next'
    * The program will now check the usb connection *
    5. Select 'Update'
    6. Verify the image you will flash (it should say 2.00.000.0) and Select 'Next'
    7. Read the process list and Select 'Next'
    8. Your phone will enter BootLoader Mode and the progress will goto 100%
    9. Your phone will now Reboot. Congrats, you just flashed MAGLDR.

NOTE: To Enter MAGLDR Menu Screen after installation, Long Hold the Power Button when resetting the phone and the menu will appear

2. FLASH YOUR ANDROID ROM

The Original NAND Android Thread by Cotulla is *HERE*

NOTE1: This section is only applicable AFTER you have flashed MAGLDR to your Device
    NOTE2: Make sure your phone is still connected via usb cable before starting

* When your phone Reboots it will Enter the MAGLDR Boot Menu Screen *
    1. Press the 'Volume Down' button to goto Option 5: USB Flasher and press the 'Call' button (far left of the 5 hardware buttons at the bottom)
    2. The menu will enter Android Flasher mode and install usb drivers if not present
    3. Browse to the folder you extracted your NAND Android Package files to on your pc, right click on Run DAF.exe (or Install.exe if DAF.exe isnt present) and select Run as Administrator
    4. Read ALL the text and then select 'Next'
    5. Read the information and select 'Next'
    6. The installer will now detect USB and then flash your Android Rom to NAND
    7. When flashing is complete your phone will Reboot and proceed to boot Android from NAND

3. FLASHING A NEW NAND ANDROID ROM OVER A PREVIOUS ONE

Once you have flashed Magldr to your device you do not have to go through the whole process again if you want to flash a new NAND Android Rom:

1. Turn your phone off
    2. Restart your phone by holding down the 'Power' button and keep holding it down until the Magldr Menu appears
    3. Press the 'Volume Down' button to goto Option 5: USB Flasher and press the 'Call' button (far left of the 5 hardware buttons at the bottom)
    4. Browse to the folder you extracted your NAND Android Rom files to on your pc, right click on Run DAF.exe (or install.exe if Daf.exe isnt listed) and select Run as Administrator (if using Windows Vista or Windows 7)
    5. Read ALL the text and then select 'Next'
    6. Read the information and select 'Next'
    7. The installer will now detect USB and then flash your Android Rom to NAND
    8. When flashing is complete your phone will Reboot and proceed to boot Android from NAND

4. FLASHING AN ANDROID SPLASH SCREEN

If you want to give your phone the total Android experience then you are in luck.

I made a few Splash Screens that can be flashed very easily as well as including the Original Stock Splash Screen if you change your mind.

Go to *THIS* thread for instructions and downloads.

5. UNINSTALLING MAGLDR AND NAND ANDROID (FLASHING WINMO BACK TO NAND)

To uninstall Magldr and any Android Rom that you installed to NAND, do the following:

1. Download a Stock Rom from *HERE* or a Custom Rom from the HD2 Rom Development Forum (for LEO512 ONLY, LEO1024 users will have to use a TMOUS compatable Stock or Custom Rom that is LEO1024 compatable).
    2. Enter Bootloader Mode by taking the battery out, then put it back in and hold down the 'Volume Down' button while briefly pressing the power button.
    3. After the phone enters the Bootloader Screen, plug in the usb cable so it says usb at the bottom of the screen
    4. Run the Stock Roms .exe file (or run the customruu.exe file of the Custom Rom you want to flash)
    * This will flash a Stock Rom and Radio while keeping your HardSPL untouched *

Useful Information

How to Enter the Magldr Menu Screen
    1. Turn your phone off
    2. Long Hold the Power Button until the Magldr menu appears

How to get into your Bootloader Screen
    1. Turn your phone off
    2. Press and hold the 'Volume Down' button then briefly press the 'Power' button to switch the phone on. Let go of the 'Power' button but keep holding the 'Volume Down' button until the tri-coloured screen appears (should take around 3 seconds).
    3. To exit Bootloader you need to remove your back cover and pull the battery out for a few seconds, then replace it and press the 'Power' button to reboot your phone.

*DISCLAIMER*
    I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.
    Flashing Your First NAND Android Rom [For Newbs]

NAND ANDROID FAQ

If you have any general NAND Android problems then take a look at *THIS* thread which has more tips

After flashing Magldr the Phone Reboots but gets stuck at the Splash Screen

You most probably have an older incompatable Radio on your phone. The Radio needs to be at LEAST 2.08.50 and the .50 is very important as it means the Radio is 576 RAM compatable (as stated in post1). The Radio I recommend is 2.15.50.14 and you can download it *HERE*. Boot your phone into the Bootloader Screen and flash a newer Radio and everything should be fine

I have a 3.14 Rom with an SPL 3.03 and cannot install HardSPL 2.08

You must downgrade your Rom to a Rom with an SPL 2.10 or lower in order to install HardSPL 2.08. Try to find a 1.48, 1.66 or 1.72 Rom from your carrier and flash via micro SD Card to downgrade the Rom and SPL, then install HardSPL 2.08 and flash a new Radio to meet the requirements for flashing Magldr. If you cant find a Stock Rom that will flash on your phone then goto *THIS* thread and read on how to create a GoldCard for your micro SD Card. With a GoldCard you will be able to flash ANY Stock Rom without problem.

When flashing MAGLDR the status remains at 0% for a long time, then gives a USB connection error

You need 2.08.HSPL installed in order to flash Magldr. Use HSPL3.exe and the Steps in *THIS* thread to do that.

I have installed everything but when my phone boots into android, after about a minute it will just restart itself and continue the same over and over without ever fully going into android

Do you use an Extended Battery? The current kernels in these NAND Roms don't support EB as yet. If so, try with your normal battery.

I Dont Have Mobile Internet on my Phone

You may need to set up your APN settings manually:

Goto Settings, Wireless & networks, Mobile networks, Access Point Names
    If there isnt anything on the screen then press the middle hardware button and select 'New APN'
    Enter the following info for TMobile US -

Two APN's should be Created. One should be called T-Mobile Data and one should be T-Mobile MMS. The data settings should be:

Name: T-Mobile US
    APN Type: <Not set>

The MMS settings should be almost the same with the first and last items changed:

Name: T-Mobile MMS
    APN Type: mms

Backing out of the settings should take you to the APN names where there will be the two entries, but only one (T-Mobile Data) will be the only one where you can select the radio button to make it active. The proxy addresses and ports are NOT required and they recommend you don't use them.

You may need to restart Android for the settings to take affect

For other Networks go *HERE* and find your individual settings

Not able to make a usb connection to the phone when in Magldr

Go to the Activesync icon in the bottom right corner, right click on it and untick the option "Allow usb connections" and then connect the device again. Run daf.exe (or install.exe) as administrator by right clicking on it and selecting the option (if using Windows7 or Vista). Hopefully the usb drivers will then install and the Android Rom will flash.

Another option could be to uninstall and reinstall Activesync or to try different usb ports on your pc. If that doesnt work and you have Windows XP then you need to try on a machine with Vista or Windows 7.

If none of this works then try taking out your micro SD Card and repeating the process or flash a Custom Rom before you flash Magldr rather than a Stock Rom.

Lastly you could try starting the NAND installer with the phone unplugged and then plugged the phone in. The installer should immediately detect your device and proceed to flash.

Error Description: send partition data failed
    Info: .\RSPL\RSPL.cpp (802)

Error Description:
    Info: .\RSPL\RSPL.cpp (545)

Try removing your micro SD Card then redownload your NAND Rom again. Extract it using WinZip or WinRar then right click and select Run As Administrator (Vista and Windows7 only) with your AntiVirus turned off

How do I find my Radio version in Android?

In Android goto Settings (center hardware button), About Phone. Look at the BaseBand version and your current Radio is the second half of that line.

eg. BaseBand 15.42.50.11U_2.15.50.14

Robot Voice in a Call

Make a call, turn on the speaker, turn off the speaker and end the call. All should be fine after that (until you reboot that is)

Im running Out of Storage Space for my Apps

Root your HD2 Android phone by donwloading z4root.apk.
    http://tinyurl.com/32yarv5
    Apply and restart phone.

Download and install ModInstallLocation.
    http://tinyurl.com/3a2flgc

In Superuser app, allow ModInstallLocation app.
    Restart phone.

In ModInstallLocation app choose location 2 (SD Card) and save
    Reboot Android.

From now on any app you download will AUTOMATICALLY be installed on SD card. Also you can move your existing apps from Phone to SD in the Application settings.

Importing WM Contacts into Android

You need PIM Backup, a computer with internet access and a Gmail account.

1. Open PIM Backup on your Windows Mobile device. Select the Backup action and unselect everything but contacts, then hit Next.
    2. At the "Select backup filename and folder" screen, unselect the "compress backup" and "binary backup" options, then hit Next.
    3. Transfer the BACKUP.PIB file that you just made from your phone to your computer. Change the extension from .PIB to .RAR, then extract the file.
    4. The extracted file should be BACKUP.CSC. Simply change the extension to .CSV and import the file to your gmail account. All your contacts can now be imported to your phone through gmail - just follow the instructions given in the phone's contact menu.

or activesync with google http://www.google.com/support/mobile...&answer=138636
    2. You need HARDSPL installed on your device to flash MAGLDR

What that should say is:

2. You need HARDSPL 2.08 installed on your device to flash MAGLDR

Other than that, it's a good guide !

EDIT: I notice you've taken my suggestion into account - Don't forget the 'Thanks' button ;)
    Mskip...
    Maybey a idea to put a link in to Z4root?
    For peeps that are getting root and busybox problems?
    Just a idea.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=833953