Replacement Phone Problems

Search This thread

southernstyle

Jan 19, 2008
So I got a replacement phone, which ends up being worse than my phone that had a stuck power button. My phone stays in 1x mode and the physical keyboard has issues. The H and Y buttons do not respond unless they are jammed. I could possibly try to get it replaced with another refurb POS and wait a week with a crappy loaner. I'm curious if anyone knows any other ways around these issues. Mainly the radio, I'm ok with the keyboard, I rarely used it anyway.

What I've tried:
Rooted, flashed many ROMs.
Flashed radio.
I did open the phone, and tried to see if there was something under the keyboard
^-- lost the little void sticker but hoping nobody notices.
RUU back to stock 2.2, then OTA'd back to 2.3.3

Literally tried everything I could think of, any other ideas?

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
This is typical. I reported a problem to HTC already and will be following up next week. Don't return your phone and tell them to order another replacement and swap bad parts for good.

Reactions: southernstyle

southernstyle

Jan 19, 2008
Yea I think I'm going to call them tomorrow and get them to just send it to me instead of dealing with Best Buy. I may not be an expert but I know way more than their people that work there do. The whole refurb idea is ridiculous, I bought a new phone, if my phone breaks give me a new phone like I paid for originally. Sorry I just hate how companies work these days, especially the rapist phone companies. Might be headed towards the roam until they cancel me road next.

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
I've learned the hard way, if you don't get some satisfaction with who your dealing with. Ask for there Supervisor, or whoever is higher. That pretty much goes for anywhere you purchase something. Believe me I've had a few LONG phone conversations with Sprint. One lasted just shy of three hours. But they sent me a Brand New Touch Pro 2 :D .

TEAM MiK
Mik Roms Since 3/13/11

southernstyle

Jan 19, 2008
I've learned the hard way, if you don't get some satisfaction with who your dealing with. Ask for there Supervisor, or whoever is higher. That pretty much goes for anywhere you purchase something. Believe me I've had a few LONG phone conversations with Sprint. One lasted just shy of three hours. But they sent me a Brand New Touch Pro 2 :D .

TEAM MiK
Mik Roms Since 3/13/11

When I had my TP2 I told them I was leaving and got a bunch of free stuff, I sold all of it on ebay lol.

southernstyle

Jan 19, 2008
I did keep the TP2, I had Android on it once and then I never could get it to work again. Now it lays next to my Touch Pro in the top drawer

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Well I liked the TP2 way better. Mostly because of the bigger screen. But it was also faster. It was technically my first Android phone :p .

TEAM MiK
Mik Roms Since 3/13/11

southernstyle

Jan 19, 2008
Well I liked the TP2 way better. Mostly because of the bigger screen. But it was also faster. It was technically my first Android phone :p .

TEAM MiK
Mik Roms Since 3/13/11

Agree TP2 had everything, but capacitive screen and Android, that keyboard.. I still dream HTC brings it to a shift.

Other note, 3 hours on the phone and also after going to the store to be told my issues weren't good enough I should break my glass, I got a brand new our of box shift. Back of Mikrunny and loving my phone again

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Agree TP2 had everything, but capacitive screen and Android, that keyboard.. I still dream HTC brings it to a shift.

Other note, 3 hours on the phone and also after going to the store to be told my issues weren't good enough I should break my glass, I got a brand new our of box shift. Back of Mikrunny and loving my phone again

Glad they finally gave you a new one :) .

TEAM MiK
Mik Roms Since 3/13/11

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
I got my 7th replacement and this one is looking good. The sliding feels a lot more loose than the last one but everything else works great (so far).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Take it back and make them give you another one. What your describing are hardware issues as far as the KB. I'd still make them replace it.
    This is typical. I reported a problem to HTC already and will be following up next week. Don't return your phone and tell them to order another replacement and swap bad parts for good.
    Yeah it's called a re-furb

TEAM MiK
    Mik Roms Since 3/13/11

Glad they finally gave you a new one :) .

TEAM MiK
    Mik Roms Since 3/13/11