ICS and Jellybean Rom Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Wow, bimmerman, I'm surprised changing file extension from PNG worked for you. I've tried that and still usually says -insufficient permissions contact administrator BS.

So, I just flashed drews and used decks contacts apk for t9 support. Its super smooth. Really nice work. Still buggy camera. Anyone know if the updated Hal wrapper PSP posted works on full HWA, or just partial? Also, despite being super smooth and fluid, I really miss status bar slide brightness and transparent status bar and custom toggles, etc (customization) of AOKP. :thumbup::thumbdown:.

Is it just me, or does the AOKP thread seem to have kinda fizzled?

Nice work drew, thanks for working on Evo ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Wow, bimmerman, I'm surprised changing file extension from PNG worked for you. I've tried that and still usually says -insufficient permissions contact administrator BS.

So, I just flashed drews and used decks contacts apk for t9 support. Its super smooth. Really nice work. Still buggy camera. Anyone know if the updated Hal wrapper PSP posted works on full HWA, or just partial? Also, despite being super smooth and fluid, I really miss status bar slide brightness and transparent status bar and custom toggles, etc (customization) of AOKP. :thumbup::thumbdown:.

Is it just me, or does the AOKP thread seem to have kinda fizzled?

Nice work drew, thanks for working on Evo ;)

Evervolv has the brightness option in the Toolbox settings.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Whuuuuu......?
I'll look again, dunno how I could a missed it.

Edit: OK, somehow I missed that notification toolbox was a selectable item AND a toggle. Oops. Thought it was just on/off toggle. That said, I was missing/hoping for the brightness control where you just drag across the notification bar (like AOKP and CM), but this definitely will do. Great ROM and beggars can't be choosers. I'm sure it'll come in time. Thanks capn.

Last edited:

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Whuuuuu......?
I'll look again, dunno how I could a missed it.

Edit: OK, somehow I missed that notification toolbox was a selectable item AND a toggle. Oops. Thought it was just on/off toggle. That said, I was missing/hoping for the brightness control where you just drag across the notification bar (like AOKP and CM), but this definitely will do. Great ROM and beggars can't be choosers. I'm sure it'll come in time. Thanks capn.

Decks has the finger brightness control too, just in case you want to try something other than AOKP. Highly customizable ROM he's made (PB9).

Reactions: scottspa74

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Yeah, thanks psiPhiDan,
I just had so many cam issues with deck. But I see now they're about the same. But I see in drews the gallery video it isn't split into 3 panes , that's awesome progress.

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
What's the big push for this temple run game?? Every ICS thread I see either here in the EVO forums or in the Inspire4G, is this whole thing about "does temple run on this ICS ROM"...hahahahaha...is like the new Chrome! smh, hopefully the madness stops here soon....LOL

Chaddy0122

May 7, 2010
This post will self destruct in 20min. :D

Edit: but I DO miss flash for many other purposes. Hell, flash is what made so excited about froyo comin out. Definitely miss flash, and full web desktop pages. For some reason, so far ICS seems to default to mobile web pages., even after clicking 'request desktop site' in browser menu it still usually only pulls the mobile version. I'm blaming lack of flash support for that.

Ya I do miss flash too

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
Damn Scott saw u got killed in the Mazwoz thread for asking a valid question....I'm not sure if there is a camera fix for HWA roms and the old one doesn't work....I flashed Mazwoz B5....and I see no difference between Drews build except for the wallpaper....not sure what all he's doing, but to me it feels the same...not sure why everybody is going GaGa over that Rom?? I've been on the gummy tip for a couple weeks now and digging not sure about flash working though...prob. not since its only partial hwa

Reactions: scottspa74

KevinGee

Feb 3, 2012
Los Angeles
Okay could someone help me out. Im on decks pb9 but I don't see how I can enable the brightness control in the status bar. I have the option enabled but it doesn't appear. Any ideas or suggestions?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
@kevingee
Did you make sure to disable auto-brightness? I'm not on decks right now, so I can't be more specific.

@bimmerman
Yeah, I didn't know if ropodope and nuggz smart ass pop off was directed at me. Kinda figured it wasn't because my question was valid,. Thats why i didnt respond ...someone posted a link to an ICS camera apk and the link brought a 403 error. Was pointing it out and hoping for a repost of link.

And I've seen the Hal wrapper link posted, and am aware of it. But all reports I've seen say it causes full HWA to not boot. So that would even be a valid question,..IF that were my question.

Reactions: NUGZZ420

KevinGee

Feb 3, 2012
Los Angeles
@kevingee
Did you make sure to disable auto-brightness? I'm not on decks right now, so I can't be more specific

Yes I'm sure cause I have the toggles at the top of the status bar and I change my brightness from there. And its not on auto brightness. But I mean its no big deal I can manage without. Thanks by the way.

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
Okay could someone help me out. Im on decks pb9 but I don't see how I can enable the brightness control in the status bar. I have the option enabled but it doesn't appear. Any ideas or suggestions?

Did u try sliding finger on status bar?

Jstlouis1993

Feb 8, 2012
Miami, Florida
Been on Decks and drew's ICS roms and I prefer decks more . Both are excellent and very snappy and smooth.

Now if only I can get Metro PCS mms working!

Sent From Evo 4G

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
OK just a question... none of my Decks roms I download will flash....and that's if they do download...I notice that several of his newer builds have ota(over the air) in the zip title....should I be able to flash these standing alone or do I need the last rom not ota on my phone first?

Legendary20

Mar 10, 2011
OK just a question... none of my Decks roms I download will flash....and that's if they do download...I notice that several of his newer builds have ota(over the air) in the zip title....should I be able to flash these standing alone or do I need the last rom not ota on my phone first?

Yeah you should. I've havent had any problems downloading or flashing. Is it just not booting for you with you try to flash? You dont need to have the last rom on there. I was on drews and mikg b4 I flashed decks with no problem.

Reactions: bimmerman7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since you asked, I beta-test ICS currently. I also beta'd for Mazda and Modded the forum/site he tried to steal. I've carried a ton of newbs through rooting, flashing, and got them on their way to becoming active (and contributing) members of several Android communities. Per your words, are we back on topic yet? Was your question to me on topic???

The member I addressed accused ropodope of being a meth-head, now he's defending him and calling other dev's "pillheads." He calls King out for racism, but let's ropodope's racism have a pass. He accused JTG of being a kangster, and is now doing the that very thing. This is your thread, you've seen it all. Why come after me for legitimately pointing out hate, drama, and topical distraction? It was here long before I stepped up and called a spade a spade.

Per your words, are we back on topic yet? Was your question to me on topic???

Respectfully yours,

Everybody running ICS right now is beta tester, everybody runs into problems, everybody (for the most part) tries to help each other out...I started this thread for that purpose and it has been nice and peaceful for 4 months...people know they are free to dicuss anything ICS related so as not to clog up the dev. threads.....JTG never gave credit for anything and claimed it as his, Mazda gives credit where credit is due, two totally different things...you should go moderate over at Kingsrom....heard its pretty happening over there....NOT!

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium
    Agreed here! Haven't been back over in the 4G section but sparingly and had no clue about the drama over that stuff in the dev section till today and seeing conantroutman lock the threads...

Ppl need to get over themselves and just learn this crap happens in life at times when people are dicks.

Regardless there should be No reason to NOT let someone use your work UNLESS your trying to make money off it which last time i checked is against the rules to begin with.

And we were talking about roms not kernel source correct from what i gather, right?
    I see kushdecks Twitter post about xda and ignoring GPL but did he make kernels too?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

I'm only going to reply once to this, just because it needs to die.

There was never an issue of using a or b as a base rom without permission. Frankly, i dont agree completely with the xda rule that permission is required. You can use anything we create with an implied permission, explicit permissions are not necessary.

I know I speak for many, but can only speak for myself at the moment, but the roms you see on xda (aosp roms) are a collaboration and 'kangoration' of many different people's work. But we all start from somewhere... google. They also start from somewhere in their work.

Synopsis... When it comes to roms, I believe anyone should be able to do and share as they please. Just keep to a very simple etiquette and we have an ongoing community.
    Hey guys I started my ICS MODS thread that most of you guys wanted to see back on XDA..... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1550150 Is not as packed as it was before BUT I'll get it there, give me some time :)
    ICS at this point is not anywhere near as stable as Deck though. I have tried pretty much all the flavors of ICS and it's generally all the same. Some do some things better than others, and some don't. Honestly, what do you guys see in ICS that you could not previously do in GB?

ICS once its fully functional, gives your phone more tablet-like capabilities, the UI is way better...
    I understand its not a giant leap from GB but its always better to move forward with technology and stay stuck in the past devving Froyo and Eclair roms with Sense 1.0 they do it because its comfortable and familiar and have had two years to master it. ICS brings to the table something new and exciting for our old ass Evo's. You are gonna see a huge dropoff in the Evo thread due to contracts being up and people being able to upgrade their phones here in a couple months and in the fall. If you go look in the threads for the newer phones....nobody else is doing GB rooms anymore and I know its all about function and what the phone is capable of...I'd just like to see as many people working on it as possible. We are where we are in ICS land thanks to the work of two guys Drew and Deck. If Deck just stayed with GB we wouldn't even have ICS possible on our Evos. So adding 10 more devs to the ICS frontier before they move on to other phones, and they will, could only help. Imagine the themeing possiblites, the innovative UI they could come up with, maybe even get that damn camera working to its full capability. That's all...we moved so fast with GB because EVERYBODY and their brother was working on it, everybody was excited about the new things it brought...here we are 6 MONTHS after the first ICS rom hit our phones and we still don't have a fully functional complete rom. Two guys can't do it all, their time is limited and they do it in their spare time. Hell alot of the newer phones don't even have Android 4.0 running yet...I've had it on my Evo for 6 months....that's amazing...I'm just saying it could be even more amazing if everybody got on board and worked toward a fully functional complete ICS rom. Sense 1.0 is cool as a throwback, everybody loved 3.0 ports when they dropped and 3.5 when it dropped. I don't see anybody working on porting 4.0, I'm sure its way cooler than all the rest. OK enough dreaming for one night, and thank you to all the devs for keeping our phone relevant...peace

Sent from my Full Android on Supersonic using xda premium
    Hey I hate to take over this thread BUT since this is the ICS thread......

I just got done testing a preview gummy ROM from our very own Team DIRT member reduxd and OH MY FREAKING GOD this thing is AWESOME! Is still in the early stages and is not ready for PRIME TIME but once reduxd aka pspunderground as he's known over here on XDA gets this ROM going, WATCH THE FRONT DOOR this ROM is going to be HOTT!!

Here's a few screenshots for the non-believers out there!!

001.png
    002.png
    003.png

004.png
    005.png
    006.png

007.png
    008.png
    009.png

010.png
    011.png
    012.png

For some more screenshots and a bit more on what's going on....visit Tincandroid