[Q] Few Questions about Xperia Z

Search This thread

arifkpi

Sep 1, 2012
Here & There
www.arif-khan.net
I am a Xperia SP user, plan to buy a Xperia Z ASAP. I have few questions about it.

Q1- What about camera? I know that has 13.1MP. I'm very disappointed with my SP's camera even that is 8MP. Pictures are very noisy, works bad in low light etc.

Q2- Why benchmark of Xperia Z is same/low than Xperia SP even Xperia Z has 2GB RAM+Quad Core Processor? Usually i get 23500+ with my SP(4.3) on Antutu.

Q3- What about Kitkat update of it? Is it make phone smoother or increase performance? What is the benchmark score of it after Kitkat update on Antutu.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

deerhurst

Apr 1, 2012
I am a Xperia SP, plan to buy a Xperia Z ASAP. I have few questions about it.

Q1- What about camera? I know that has 13.1MP. I'm very disappointed with my SP's camera even that is 8MP. Picture are very noisy, bad in low light etc.

Q2- Why benchmark of Xperia Z is same/low than Xperia SP even Xperia Z has 2GB RAM+Quad Core Processor? usually i get 23500+ with my SP(4.3) on Antutu.

Q3- What about Kitkat update of it? Is it make phone smoother or increase performance? What is the benchmark score of it after Kitkat update on Antutu.

Thanks in advance.

1) IMHO, the camera is surprisingly good but I also always put my photos through adobe light room.

2) dunno. I'll run a benchmark on 4.4.2 for you.

3) lots of people are complaining after complaining the update didn't come fast enough. For me, it's flawless. Just force GPU rendering, reboot and good to go. That fixed my notification slider issue. I have better battery life than I did on 4.2.2. I'll have to run a benchmark for you.

Edit: just ran antutu. Got just under 20000. I'm guessing alot of the difference may have to do with the high resolution screen on the Z. The screen is 1920x1080.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: arifkpi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am a Xperia SP, plan to buy a Xperia Z ASAP. I have few questions about it.

Q1- What about camera? I know that has 13.1MP. I'm very disappointed with my SP's camera even that is 8MP. Picture are very noisy, bad in low light etc.

Q2- Why benchmark of Xperia Z is same/low than Xperia SP even Xperia Z has 2GB RAM+Quad Core Processor? usually i get 23500+ with my SP(4.3) on Antutu.

Thanks in advance.

1) IMHO, the camera is surprisingly good but I also always put my photos through adobe light room.

2) dunno. I'll run a benchmark on 4.4.2 for you.

3) lots of people are complaining after complaining the update didn't come fast enough. For me, it's flawless. Just force GPU rendering, reboot and good to go. That fixed my notification slider issue. I have better battery life than I did on 4.2.2. I'll have to run a benchmark for you.

Edit: just ran antutu. Got just under 20000. I'm guessing alot of the difference may have to do with the high resolution screen on the Z. The screen is 1920x1080.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk