[APP] LeoExtendedNotifications, blink keypad on missed call, sms, email, more [v0.92]

Search This thread

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl
At request of the people in this thread, I made a small app that blinks the keypad when there are notifications.

If you also use KeypadLedControl, you may get some irregular blinking during notifications. Nothing serious.

Features
- Blink keypad on: unread sms, unread mms, unread e-mail, missed calls, reminders (if rom supports it), voicemail
- Configurable via registry & seperate Config application
- Notification timeout after X seconds (300=5min by default)
- Stop notifications after unlocking the phone (only works on compatible lock screens)
- Temporarily stop notifications during phone call
- Configurable blinking sequence (also per notification type)
- Configurable time between repeating sequence

Changelog
v0.92
- Some small fixes by 3dfx

v0.91
- Hopefully fixes issue where keypad wouldn't blink on notifications if there were no specific sequences for that notification type configured (in registry)

v0.9
- Added configuration application
- Popups now automatically close again after a second or so (except for errors, they stay)
- Added nicer icons in start menu/sense (if you're using WM6.5+, might require device restart)

v0.3 to v0.8
- App configurable via registry
- Add support for reminder and voicemail notifications
- Stop notifications after unlocking the phone

Additional credits
Big thanks to 3dfx. He added a lot of features as you can read throughout this thread.

Source
Source code can be found here: http://github.com/netripper/LeoExtendedNotifications

Screenshots
LEN_ss1.png
LEN_ss2.png
LEN_ss3.png

Download
See CAB attached to this post! :D

Attachments

• LeoExtendedNotifications_v0.91.CAB
    659.6 KB · Views: 8,107
  • LeoExtendedNotifications_v0.92.cab
    660.1 KB · Views: 5,788
Last edited:

snipey

Nov 22, 2008
Thank you Netripper. I'm going to give it a try! I'll let you know how it goes.

Olioaglio

Feb 9, 2007
Regensburg
Great idea, thanks a lot for your contribution, netripper

Thanks NetRipper.. working fantastic here. I wonder if this could make the keypad leds defective over time...

i am also a little bit worrying about eventually led malfunction when using it all the time.
however i would like the idea to be able to configure a notification timeout.
imagine you get a mail late night and the leds would permanently flash until next day.

best regards, Olioaglio

Last edited:

4tune

Aug 31, 2007
Alkmaar
Nice addition. Thanks. I see Disable notifications after X minutes is at the top of your todo list. That's fine by me ;)

elburna

Jun 24, 2009

i am also a little bit worrying about eventually led malfunction when using it all the time.
imagine you get a mail late night and the leds would permanently flash until next day.

best regards, Olioaglio

+1 :D Would welcome that as well-

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl

best regards, Olioaglio
I'm not really worried by that. I think they're regular LEDs and they have an awesome long lifespan. Also the light doesn't really look bright, so I think the leds are very far from being stressed. Although I don't guarantee anything (obviously), I'd be very surprised if any keypad light would break because of this.

xILukasIx

Dec 14, 2008
Linz
I have a little problem here!

I just put your program in my startup folder and now it blinks all the time, although I don't have any missed calls, unread SMS, MMS or email.
What's wrong here?

Already deleted all my messages just to be sure :D

EDIT: Oh wait, now that I have gone in my call history, it suddenly stopped.
Strange...

xavierdemon

Jul 23, 2008
thanks to Netripper I don't need the green led to flash any more but can't turn it of :) tried to turn it off in BSB tweak but it still flashes anyone know the reg to disable?

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
just email?

Is it also possible to have just the bar flashing for email only?
Nothing else?
since that is the only notification that isn't working at the moment..
Thanks.

mitsi

Jun 19, 2008
Croydon
Hi NetRipper. I have a Touch Diamond 2 (Topaz). When I run the LeoExtendedNotifications_calls_sms_email.exe program, my LED's blink continuously even though I have no notifications of missed calls, emails or SMS's. I have tried the trick by xILukasIx of visiting my call history page, but this has no effect.

I have a WM6.1 stock rom and (if it makes any difference) I use Phonex (which I prefer) and so have my HTC dialer disabled to save ram.

I would love your program to work on my TD2 if possible!

Thanks

Edit:

I think I have solved it now. I created a mortscript to run your program NetRipper. So far, I have managed to do this with emails only. My mortscript goes:

NOTIFY = RegRead (HKCU, "System\State\Messages\totalemail\Unread\", "Count")
If (NOTIFY = 0)
Sleep (2000)
Run ("Program Files\Mortscript\LED.mscr")
EndIf
If (NOTIFY >0)
Run ("Program Files\Mortscript\LeoExtendedNotifications_calls_sm s_email.exe")
Sleep (2000)
Run ("Program Files\Mortscript\LED.mscr")
EndIf

Obviously I have put the above mortscript in the Program Files\Mortscript folder and called it LED.mscr. I have also put your program into the same folder.

Thanks again for your program - I really like the outcome!

Edit 2: No, it doesn't work.... Any ideas anyone???

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At request of the people in this thread, I made a small app that blinks the keypad when there are notifications.

If you also use KeypadLedControl, you may get some irregular blinking during notifications. Nothing serious.

Features
    - Blink keypad on: unread sms, unread mms, unread e-mail, missed calls, reminders (if rom supports it), voicemail
    - Configurable via registry & seperate Config application
    - Stop notifications after unlocking the phone (only works on compatible lock screens)

Changelog
    v0.92
    - Some small fixes by 3dfx

v0.91
    - Hopefully fixes issue where keypad wouldn't blink on notifications if there were no specific sequences for that notification type configured (in registry)

v0.9
    - Added configuration application
    - Popups now automatically close again after a second or so (except for errors, they stay)
    - Added nicer icons in start menu/sense (if you're using WM6.5+, might require device restart)

v0.3 to v0.8
    - App configurable via registry
    - Add support for reminder and voicemail notifications
    - Stop notifications after unlocking the phone

Additional credits
    Big thanks to 3dfx. He added a lot of features as you can read throughout this thread.

Source
    Source code can be found here: http://github.com/netripper/LeoExtendedNotifications

Screenshots
    LEN_ss1.png
    LEN_ss2.png
    LEN_ss3.png

Download
    See CAB attached to this post! :D
    Works Fine.

Thanks.
    Hallo,
    just downloaded LEN and I have a question that maybe has been discussed already, but didn't find it:
    LEN installed nicely;
    when I started the LeoNotify Config, I saw that "Notify NOT Active";
    so I realised that I have to start LeoNotify.exe first;
    fine, no problem;
    after a soft-reset, it was the same again!
    So this time I tried to put a shortcut to the "LeoNotify.exe" in the "AutoStart"-Folder, but after the next soft-reset is was still not active!
    So I copied the "LeoNotify.exe" into the "AutoStart"-Folder, but the result is still the same.
    After each re-start of the HTC HD2, I get a small window for approx. 1 second that tells me that Leo Extended Notification Enabler will be closed now.

Question:
    why is this and what do I have to do to start my HTC HD2 with LEN already enabled and running?

Thanks a lot,
    Tom
    You should only have a link to that exe once. If the exe runs a second time, the app closes. So make sure you remove all shortcuts/executables except one from your \windows\startup