[SHV-E160][Root][Stock]How to Root Korean Note via Flashing with Rooted Stock FW

Search This thread

lawnven

Feb 6, 2013
1. The symbol in the picture means you cannot use video calling, its disabled when using WiFi and also as you are not on the network it was setup for it cannot contact the video server. Compare it with video dial button on dialer.
2. Which ROM are you using? Please provide screen shot of your build/modem/etc
3. Toast message? Which SMS programming? Default?

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk 2

Hi darkspr1te ,

First and foremost I would like to thankyou for quick reply.

Regarding the questions you have asked,

1. Thanks again for the info .
But is there a way to disable video calling temporarly on my phone and enable sometime later? (i.e) through secret code or something . I checked my Call Settings, but there is no option as such to disable video calling.
2. I am still using Factory ROM.
3. By toast message, I mean a popup similar to one which gets displayed when you enable/disable data network . Yes I am using default SMS which came along with my phone.

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Hi darkspr1te ,

First and foremost I would like to thankyou for quick reply.

Regarding the questions you have asked,

1. Thanks again for the info .
But is there a way to disable video calling temporarly on my phone and enable sometime later? (i.e) through secret code or something . I checked my Call Settings, but there is no option as such to disable video calling.
2. I am still using Factory ROM.
3. By toast message, I mean a popup similar to one which gets displayed when you enable/disable data network . Yes I am using default SMS which came along with my phone.

Can't disable video icon via factory AFAIK.

sent from the Darkspr1te's lair

BaCkkk

Sep 25, 2012
LAhore
guyz i need help...my note e160L does not detecting any sim card....at stock rom it shows a icon at status bar in which phone icon is crossed by red line...at startup it asks for sim pin code...but doesnt pick signals of any sim...

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
guyz i need help...my note e160L does not detecting any sim card....at stock rom it shows a icon at status bar in which phone icon is crossed by red line...at startup it asks for sim pin code...but doesnt pick signals of any sim...

Please do a screen shot and upload it

BaCkkk

Sep 25, 2012
LAhore
Please do a screen shot and upload it

Sir this is the screenshot when using Custom Rom

20121228023957.jpg

and this is the image using Stock Rom

20121228025250.jpg

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Please check if your base band is listed under about phone.

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
In Settings -> Base band=>E160L .Fh02.1445.LT

i also tried many roms like custom or stock but this problem remains:crying:

OK, I though it was same error as mine, mine was a damaged trust zone, replacing it and my phone worked, the difference was my baseband did not show up
Did this happen between flashing ? Or all of sudden or after a drop.

BaCkkk

Sep 25, 2012
LAhore
OK, I though it was same error as mine, mine was a damaged trust zone, replacing it and my phone worked, the difference was my baseband did not show up
Did this happen between flashing ? Or all of sudden or after a drop.

im not sure why this happen..coz my brother send me this phone from korea......im facing this problem since starting....so what u suggest now??did i have to repair it or what???

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
im not sure why this happen..coz my brother send me this phone from korea......im facing this problem since starting....so what u suggest now??did i have to repair it or what???

if you had this issue from the start then my first guess would be a incompatible sim-card/network. not all gsm networks use the same frequency(s) and i've seen certain type of sim just not work at all. AFAIK these devices are not network loacked, although a few people have requested a unlock solution I dont belive they are loacked and it's more simcard/frequncy problems and/or user error.
there is a hidden menu where you can switch network type
in the stock dialer type
pin is 0821
from there you can check your settings.

darkspr1te

Reactions: BaCkkk

BaCkkk

Sep 25, 2012
LAhore
if you had this issue from the start then my first guess would be a incompatible sim-card/network. not all gsm networks use the same frequency(s) and i've seen certain type of sim just not work at all. AFAIK these devices are not network loacked, although a few people have requested a unlock solution I dont belive they are loacked and it's more simcard/frequncy problems and/or user error.
there is a hidden menu where you can switch network type
in the stock dialer type
pin is 0821
from there you can check your settings.

darkspr1te

can u guide me what settings i have to check in lg hidden menu ...there r many settings like call settings or channel setting but i didn't find any switch network setting like GSM ALL or something

another thing ...after u said it may be due to flashing ,i asked my brother and he said that signal problem occur after flashing a rom...so ur guess is right that occur after flashing....so this problem can reslove????

Last edited:

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
can u guide me what settings i have to check in lg hidden menu ...there r many settings like call settings or channel setting but i didn't find any switch network setting like GSM ALL or something

another thing ...after u said it may be due to flashing ,i asked my brother and he said that signal problem occur after flashing a rom...so ur guess is right that occur after flashing....so this problem can reslove????

If it occurred after flashing a ROM I would suggest you download team leader V1.0 ROM, do a factory reset in your current device, then flash the team leader ROM.
Guides for that are listed in the Korean links of the super everything thread, look for red text.

BaCkkk

Sep 25, 2012
LAhore
If it occurred after flashing a ROM I would suggest you download team leader V1.0 ROM, do a factory reset in your current device, then flash the team leader ROM.
Guides for that are listed in the Korean links of the super everything thread, look for red text.

can um mention me the links of super everything thread????:D

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
I have posted some updated recoveries for shv-e160l in the ROOT/ROM/DEV Korean thread. These are Odin flash able for those that cannot upload to sdcard for what ever reason.

BaCkkk

Sep 25, 2012
LAhore
I have posted some updated recoveries for shv-e160l in the ROOT/ROM/DEV Korean thread. These are Odin flash able for those that cannot upload to sdcard for what ever reason.

i flashed team E160L team leader v1.tar...but again same problem..no signal....same icon of phone crossed by red line:crying:

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

I have an account there; If you find anything nice, send me a note

i flased several roms for note KOrean from KOXDA

best rom from my prespective for E160S/K is Eruizhi Rom V4

and for e160L best rom is wind V3......http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=128042&uk=3106225194

basically all these are stock roms but all problmes like sms and call is solved in these

Reactions: woopsgoops

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Wish I had a further suggestion. The fact it shows baseband means its doing comma with the RIL, could your brother maybe expand on what ROM he flashed, when and how.

Reactions: woopsgoops

woopsgoops

Sep 12, 2012
New Delhi
Thanks!!

i flashed team E160L team leader v1.tar...but again same problem..no signal....same icon of phone crossed by red line:crying:

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

i flased several roms for note KOrean from KOXDA

best rom from my prespective for E160S/K is Eruizhi Rom V4

and for e160L best rom is wind V3......http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=128042&uk=3106225194

basically all these are stock roms but all problmes like sms and call is solved in these

Thanks a lot for posting the Wind V3 ROM link, it sure is great. I am using it since 4 days.. all problems solved related to Korean Notes;

SMS limit solved
Korean Keypad gone
LG U+ boot animation gone for good

Keep up the good work guys...

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Hey Dark...

Is there anyway we can port these solutions from V3 Windy ROM or 9000lang ROM in to the JB leak. I understand there can be a lot of work needed to do so.

Just wishing for a good JB ROM..... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Admins- apologize for posting it here. Please feel free to move to appropriate location. I just want to help fellow Galaxy Note (korean version) owners. With the help of Google translate, and straining to interpret various chinese and korean websites, I was able to deduce a way to root the Korean note via updating it with rooted stock firmware (Samsung Original Firmware, only it's already Rooted).

How to Root Korean Note via Flashing with Rooted Stock Firmware

Flashing:
    general instructions taken from mycatisether post

• Put the Korean Note into download mode by holding down the volume down button + home button + power button
    • The Note will then display a tonne of Korean text on-screen, press the volume up button to actually enter the download mode
    • Run Odin in administrator mode (not really sure if it makes a difference but might as well), make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are the only checked items, click the PDA button and select the appropriate firmware file from the list below. Each ROM ~1GB+. Note that the latest firmware is at the bottom of the list for each model.

E160S

E160K

E160L

source: http://matcl.com

Note: Flashing this firmware will not erase your data. It will preserve everything (apps, accounts, SMS, etc), including keeping disabled all the bloat apps I've disabled in the system. Rooting will allow you to permanently remove all these and other protected bloat apps.
    Thank you OP...good work ....g
    How to Install Latest Rooted Tegrak Kernel/Recovery for Korean Galaxy Note SHV-E160

I’ve created a new thread on XDA for installing Tegrak’s kernel and recovery. Latest kernel and recovery links are also included.

My desire is to make the most definitive and easiest to understand procedure for us Korean Galaxy note owners.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32478601#post32478601
    This is awesome indeed, thank you so much jairrab!

I just got the SHV-E160S from a Korean friend and updated it to the latest firmware via KIES (IMM76D.UH24).

As I suspect many others have experienced, I noted to my dismay that I cannot send text messages longer than 80 characters, and that I only have G-service with my 4G plan on T-Mobile in the US.

:

Hi there,

I will tell you what I knows about the Korean Note till date;

1. You can't just flash any ROM and it will work with the Korean Note, especially the I717 ROM's they will not work. Even I thought it should but apparently there are subtle differences between these phones and Samsung Korea made it different than the I717.

2. There is a hidden menu for every Korean Note, I own the SHV-E160L and it is 319712358 then for the password it is 0821. You can manually select your data connection there. I guess E160L is locked with U+ on LTE and it is CDMA, so it will not work with 4G/LTE. But, you can switch to WCDMA, this gives you 3G speeds, and GSM only will give you GPRS. I am using 3G speeds currently in India.

3. These are the orignal ROM's. For my E160L Kies detects it as orignal and indicates that I am up to date with the firmware.

4. As I said earlier, flashing any ROM will not work, it will need specific ROM's for your particular SHV only. We all are wishing for a good custom ROM, but no success till date. There are some ROM's available for SHV's on KOXDA, but again the language is a big problem, along with the site securities.

I hope this will help you in some regards. Have fun.. :)
    Great work man!! I was also looking for this since long... thanks a lot.. pressed it too :)

Problem being now, I am seeing 2 superusers, one earlier superuser since I was rooted previously and now the new SuperSU from the new ROM. Any suggestions on how to remove. Tried though root explorer but can't see any superuser.apk there :(

Well, I think you can just simply decide which one of them you want to use, and uninstall the other. If it's a user app, it should be pretty easy to uninstall it. If it's a system app, you may need to use titanium backup to do it.