[Solved] Cyanogenmod cannot connect to data network on Bmobile (MVNO)

Search This thread

renatogoes

May 29, 2014
I've brought a Atrix and tried to install a ROM from cyanogenmod. It's the CM10 for atrix made by epinter. It's not an official one, but most people said it's OK. Everything worked great.
However, it cannot connect to the data network, it keep showing "Connecting". I tried to ask the carrier, and they said that my cellphone was trying to connect to their network, but with a wrong username/password. I've checked the informations a lot of times.
I tried several versions of cyanogenmod, CM10 and CM10.1 and even a stable CM7, but none could connect.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

edit: I can do/get calls and messages. On a stock ROM it works fine.

ps.: My carrier is Japan Bmobile, which uses the NTT Docomo network. My phone says that my carrier is Docomo, but the APN is from Bmobile.

Last edited:

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
I've brought a Atrix and tried to install a ROM from cyanogenmod. It's the CM10 for atrix made by epinter. It's not an official one, but most people said it's OK. Everything worked great.
However, it cannot connect to the data network. I tried to ask the carrier, and they said that my cellphone was trying to connect to their network, but with a wrong username/password. I've checked the informations a lot of times.
I tried several versions of cyanogenmod, CM10 and CM10.1 and even a stable CM7, but none could connect.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

ps.: My carrier is Japan Bmobile, which uses the NTT Docomo network. My phone says that my carrier is Docomo, but the APN is from Bmobile.

Ok. So you can connect to the network (ie, you can make phone calls), but you can't connect to the internet?

you got 2 options: either create the apn manually (the settings must be all over the internet), or ask them to push it to your cellphone. My carrier can do this, and you don't need to configure anything else.

renatogoes

May 29, 2014
circum wrallbu

Ok. So you can connect to the network (ie, you can make phone calls), but you can't connect to the internet?

you got 2 options: either create the apn manually (the settings must be all over the internet), or ask them to push it to your cellphone. My carrier can do this, and you don't need to configure anything else.

Yes, I can make calls and send messages.
When they sent me the SIM card, they also send the APN information. I had to configure it manually.
Now, I'm using a stock ROM. After I inserted the APN manually, it connects. But it's a old version of Android (2.3.4), and since it sucks, I would like to try to use a newer version.

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
Must be something related to the carrier. Because I set the apn manually just to try, on cm10.1, and it connects fine.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2

renatogoes

May 29, 2014
Thanks for your promptly help.
I saw somewhere that there's a problem with android and MVNOs. I don't know exactly why they are considered as a roaming network. I'll try to flash it again on weekend and test it using roaming options.

edit: Just try it again, and it failed. According to android I'm not in roaming as the other people on internet said they were when using a MVNO.

Last edited:

renatogoes

May 29, 2014
I just found how to fix it in other page.

It seems to be a problem with a lot of Motorola devices.

To fix it, you have to force the APN user and password.
In order to do that, you have to edit the file "/system/etc/ppp/peers/pppd-ril.options" (requires root)
user NotUsed@nobody.com → user bmobile@u300
password NotUsed → password bmobile

After that, it worked perfectly.