Performance issues games

Search This thread
F

flibbulator

I'm running the GB sbf and overclocked at 1250MHz/62 vsel. One particular game is Fruit Ninja by Halfbrick and the number of swipes and lags makes the game pretty much unplayable.

I have tried it on a clean boot and the same performance issues exist (it was the same before they released multi-touch support in the game as well). Has anyone else found similar problems?

F

flibbulator

Ok, I tried two other games Raging Thunder 2 and Hyper Jump. Raging Thunder 2 simply switched the phone off after about 20 seconds (tried three times same outcome). Hyper Jump was also unreliable so I unrooted and removed the overclocking and the games have become more stable but not bulletproof and all seem to suffer intermittent lags. Does anyone think this is simply a hardware issue or another added advantage of motoblur?

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

oTToToTenTanz

Aug 11, 2008
Does anyone think this is simply a hardware issue or another added advantage of motoblur?

Nice one :D

This is what I experienced so far. Downloaded Fruit Ninja few days before it got multi touch. Found it really laggy and wanted to give it back but was too late for a refund. Then I updated my version when multi touch came along. It was better but not really smooth.
Once I disconnected my internet connection it once again became smoother but not as it is on iPhone/iPod Touch. But now it is absolutely playable and I'm getting very good at it.

I have the German Version, unrooted and not overclocked. Of course, I swear that Motoblur makes it lag as well.

What I recommend to do:

1-disconnect internet and try
2-back to stock, maybe downclock cpu and try
3-if not yet, update Fruit Ninja
4-Try to disable Motoblur with TitaniumBackup. There is a thread floating around here in the forums.

Keep us updated with any progress =)

Regarding other games I don't know.

patton82

Apr 27, 2009
No problems for me playing fruit ninja and Raging Thunder 2, on my M2 @ 1,2Ghz with UK sbf and all motoblur services and home kicked off with Titanium backup

Last edited:
F

flibbulator

No problems for me playing fruit ninja and Raging Thunder 2, on my M2 @ 1,2Ghz with UK sbf and all motoblur services and home kicked off with Titanium backup

It seems this is the way to go, I'll give it a go at some stage but it isn't critical as I use a Nokia N900 as my daily. Would love to have Maemo5 with Milestone hardware :)

F

flibbulator

I managed to remove the packages as Shellite recommends in this thread and performance is now outstanding.

The method isn't optimal from an aesthetic point of view but it does do exactly as intended. Just be aware that if you remove things like the blur widgets you still get the option to add them to your desktop but when selected they don't do anything.

Another thing I noticed in contacts and other areas where linking to social networking features all goes a little pear shaped if you have removed those services.

Anyway, it works well but until a nice clean rom is available the M2 won't be replacing my N900 anytime soon :)