651.167.3331.xt910.FIDO.en.CA

Search This thread

theZest

Oct 27, 2010
Vladivostok
I've got 2 explanation (in my opinion):
1) Fido Rom differs from Rogers' one (I will highly appreciate if smb explain what is Fido :D)
2) Argentina firmware with manually restored (via nandroid) Rogers Rom.
Installation itself ends with the following message:
Code:
E:unknown command [un_configure]
assert failed: file_getprop("/system
/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint"
) == "MOTO/FDOCA/umts_spyder:2.3.5/6
5.1_73_SLC-24/1322150184:user/relea
se-keys" ||       file_getprop("/sys
tem/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerpri
nt") == "MOTO/FDOCA/umts_spyder:2.3.
6/6.5.1-167_SLC-M33.1/1330125235.173
241:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

leisures

Jul 8, 2010
Cordoba
I've got 2 explanation (in my opinion):
1) Fido Rom differs from Rogers' one (I will highly appreciate if smb explain what is Fido :D)
2) Argentina firmware with manually restored (via nandroid) Rogers Rom.
Installation itself ends with the following message:
Code:
E:unknown command [un_configure]
assert failed: file_getprop("/system
/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint"
) == "MOTO/FDOCA/umts_spyder:2.3.5/6
5.1_73_SLC-24/1322150184:user/relea
se-keys" ||       file_getprop("/sys
tem/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerpri
nt") == "MOTO/FDOCA/umts_spyder:2.3.
6/6.5.1-167_SLC-M33.1/1330125235.173
241:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Lol... U can't use a ota update from other carrier... At least not that way:banghead:

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2

R3dbeaver

Feb 17, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
im in the dark here.

it says, can only be done on Fido ROM.

u cant use this OTA with any other ROM. that's what pedro meant to say. that's why it works for u. and that's why it doesn't work on some other posters here that's not on FIDO.

(ps: to our non-Canadian friends: Fido is a carrier. like Rogers. like ATT. like T-Mobile. etc...)

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

It can't be done. Only with an original fido razr firmware, what doesn't exist.

btw, it exists. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1469625

Reactions: LegalAdmin

leisures

Jul 8, 2010
Cordoba
That dosent helps at all... Its a nandroid, only system folder u will get, no kernel, no webtop or ether radio.

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2

Yorgo1982

Oct 8, 2011
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Seems with this update fido changed there signature. cause i bricked my phone just to do a test. and wasnt able to restore it with any latam rom ( usually i can do it with 5 Latam Stock roms ) till i mixed some file from fido build to latam sbf.
lets hope that its compatible with eurpean rom.
Any1 got the same prob?

evonc

Dec 10, 2011
Toronto
Yorgo i bricked mine too however i restored it by flashing retail.br fastboot using fla****(alternative by eternityteam) instead of rsdlite. It will bypass signature verification and you'll have a working phone again. Make sure you do a factory wipe from motorola recovery after flashing otherwise it wont boot.

To flash just unzip all the files from the fastboot and place them in the fla**** folder. After that run fla****.exe or w/e it is and let it work its magic.

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Same problem we had before in the other thread discussing this: no fastboot file for Rogers or fido. This makes it impossible to update if you've ever fastbooted anything in your phone, ever, or if you aren't from Canada. I'm going to just accept that we aren't getting this or any other ota and move on.

Sent from my miui xt910

Yorgo1982

Oct 8, 2011
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Yorgo i bricked mine too however i restored it by flashing retail.br fastboot using fla****(alternative by eternityteam) instead of rsdlite. It will bypass signature verification and you'll have a working phone again. Make sure you do a factory wipe from motorola recovery after flashing otherwise it wont boot.

To flash just unzip all the files from the fastboot and place them in the fla**** folder. After that run fla****.exe or w/e it is and let it work its magic.

My phone is already working ( thanks ) but i had to mix some files from fido 3331 in the Latam. it wont flash if i dont use the sbf that i made. i thought that they changed there signature. but not the case. ( i tried more than 8 versions of Rom ) none flashed. i guess when i updated the phone it didnt allow me to downgrade so thats why i had to mix Fido rom ( update ) with Latam . but now the prob i can't update my fido cellphone even with the stock nandroid. was u able to update yours? honestly its not a big deal for me cause i use a middle eastern nandroid for arabic. but official ics wont work if u dont go 1rst on the 2.3.6 even as a nandroid

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

Same problem we had before in the other thread discussing this: no fastboot file for Rogers or fido. This makes it impossible to update if you've ever fastbooted anything in your phone, ever, or if you aren't from Canada. I'm going to just accept that we aren't getting this or any other ota and move on.

Sent from my miui xt910

thats ok i dont care for North american rom. i will have to wait for Latam to update there rom ( just to have the right kernel ) and will go back as usual for my middle eastern nandroid 2.3.6, the reason why i want the update is when in the middle east they get the ICS ( it arrive b4 canada ) i will be able to bypass the restore and it wont stuck on bootloader, thanks god i have a factory active cable so brick unbrick and rebrick lol

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I'm really hoping you're right and we'll see a Vivo update soon, since that's a stock rom anyone can hop onto. I also hope you can sideload updates without having specific carriers. Considering Rogers and Fido will both gladly unlock your phone for you, I think requiring the correct carrier to receive updates is pretty backwards.

Yorgo1982

Oct 8, 2011
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I'm really hoping you're right and we'll see a Vivo update soon, since that's a stock rom anyone can hop onto. I also hope you can sideload updates without having specific carriers. Considering Rogers and Fido will both gladly unlock your phone for you, I think requiring the correct carrier to receive updates is pretty backwards.

did you tried to bypass ur phone with the new way?
i did it and i have now a middle eastern stock rom 2.3.6 on my phone give it a try

Top Liked Posts