As Promised••• The Sys-Dump from T-Mobile Note... ICS 4.03 !

Search This thread

tomin.fhl

Sep 30, 2007
Extracted system images

If anyone's having trouble getting into the system.img, userdir.img or ramdisk, I decided to extract them for a peak. You can download it here. The system image looks a little light at 166MB and a few files I expected weren't there (libril-qc-qmi-1.so and libril-qcril-hook-oem.so), but it's possible they get built on the first boot ... or they are tucked away elsewhere ... not sure. Either way, happy tinkering.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?q68gd6g8sp7m3b3

Last edited:
Reactions: oka1 and escabar

Iphony89

Apr 25, 2012
Ah man you guys are awesome, can't wait to get a stable 4g connection...good thing i didn't jump the gun and resold my note:D

madman604

Jul 14, 2007
Theres another thread on xda where another member was playing around with his antenna and improve his speeds dramaticly. This may be more of the solution or at least part of it. I have a feeling the tmob note radio wont be anything special. I mean this phone wasnt meant to run AWS so they wouldnt have invested $ into a good antenna but rather better ones for the more popular radio frequencies.

Regardless thanks for providing the dump for us.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using XDA

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
All gamer has one and so do I...... I also have a young child which makes it much harder to geek out on the phones...... :)

Hopefully we'll get the modem soon...

Allgamer has one? Is he Planning on some dev for us? Im a huge fan of his work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

dhoang

Jun 18, 2008
Orange County, CA
Allgamer did said that he has one but he rarely uses it because the battery is not that great. His main phone is the Samsung s2 I believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

oka1

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Theres another thread on xda where another member was playing around with his antenna and improve his speeds dramaticly. This may be more of the solution or at least part of it. I have a feeling the tmob note radio wont be anything special. I mean this phone wasnt meant to run AWS so they wouldnt have invested $ into a good antenna but rather better ones for the more popular radio frequencies.

Not true, the antenna is the least of the issues. The chip and modem are the critical components. That said, Tmobile has been migrating away from the 1700 band and should be completely off it in USA by 1st quarter 2013. So, that is not the real issue, the chip is a penta-band so that is not an issue, the settings and how the modem re-purposes the band IS the issue. Once we can get the TMO modem and kernel opened up and see the configuration..... we will rock. So be prepared.......:D:cool::D

chard87000

Feb 23, 2009
hi guys im a noob here..whats this sys dump?thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

how do i install this?ty

porkenhimer

Apr 9, 2009
Last edited:

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
hi guys im a noob here..whats this sys dump?thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

how do i install this?ty

Loved this! Got a good chuckle ( in a very good way :) )
A lot of work has to be done before anything can be flashed. And we get to sit and cheer the devs on! GO devs, GO!!

There are a couple of good treads about getting the att note working on t-mobile. Lots of hoops had to be jumped. This will make it a whole lot easier once they break it down. Fingers crossed!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As Promised........ Here is the System dump I got from the Tmobile beta test G-Note. Now I know everyone wants the Kernel and Modem, but until I can figure out how to get those without moving the counter and only with a temp root (which I have not been successful ...yet:)) it will take a little longer, I do not want to get anyone in hot water for my curiosity......:eek::D:cool:

More to come .....hopefully..... Enjoy and provide feedback on anything which may be helpful to progress......

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8999r6injll7hic/gnote.7z
    Yes thank you much, I myself am on AT&T but I have a couple of friends that have been watching / waiting for a little more R&D on the Tmobile side of things. Are you a dev too Oka1?

No Not really I haven't done any dev work since the HD2 I know just enough to know how dumb I really am..... but I am glad we got this much I am going to try and get the kernel and modem next......:D

As far as the ICS........... you know this Image Probably will work on the ATT NOTE since it is ICS 4.03........ at a minimum it will provide the REAL Devs some insight on how to port ICS into our existing phones....
    Extracted system images

If anyone's having trouble getting into the system.img, userdir.img or ramdisk, I decided to extract them for a peak. You can download it here. The system image looks a little light at 166MB and a few files I expected weren't there (libril-qc-qmi-1.so and libril-qcril-hook-oem.so), but it's possible they get built on the first boot ... or they are tucked away elsewhere ... not sure. Either way, happy tinkering.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?q68gd6g8sp7m3b3

Not true, the antenna is the least of the issues. The chip and modem are the critical components. That said, Tmobile has been migrating away from the 1700 band and should be completely off it in USA by 1st quarter 2013. So, that is not the real issue, the chip is a penta-band so that is not an issue, the settings and how the modem re-purposes the band IS the issue. Once we can get the TMO modem and kernel opened up and see the configuration..... we will rock. So be prepared.......:D:cool::D
    By flash to install?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

You do not install anything. The system dump is just a dump of the rom that is running on a device. Here is some info so maybe you can understand it better http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/40163-how-dump-system-files-developers.html