4.4.2 is coming. And it's coming to Canada first.

Search This thread

SoundFlunky

Dec 10, 2013
Is this carrier dependant, or do all Canadian devices get it first? Today I got a Moto X from an eBay seller in Canada and the software seems to indicate it's localised to Canada somewhat (system version has a .CA at the end, for example).

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
Location and the provider you're using the Rogers phone with won't matter, the update will work anywhere on any provider as it is based only on the current firmware version and to a lesser degree on the unique serial number of the phone.(updates generally released to serial number ranges at first as a test)

R3dbeaver

Feb 17, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Neat! I shall commence the obsessive clicking of the "System updates" button...

BTW dude, I love your avatar.

a9qzyq.png

SoundFlunky

Dec 10, 2013
Location and the provider you're using the Rogers phone with won't matter, the update will work anywhere on any provider as it is based only on the current firmware version and to a lesser degree on the unique serial number of the phone.(updates generally released to serial number ranges at first as a test)

Great. Thanks for replying.

eronfaure

Mar 1, 2013

If I have an unlocked AT&T phone running Telus, how would I get the update to Kit Kat? I've always been unclear on that.

Top Liked Posts