[Q] Issue with clock displaying incorrect time

Search This thread

jedinegotiator

May 13, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I am having an issue with my clock displaying the wrong time on occasion. I am using SlimKAT Stable 3.0 with Franco Kernel R37.

Sometimes my phone will display the time one hour earlier than it really is. I live in the Eastern Standard Timezone. So for example if it is actually 7pm my phone my say that it is 6pm. In the clock settings I have set my home timezone as Eastern Standard (GMT -4). When my phone is showing the wrong time it now has two clocks. The main clock will say 6pm and there is a second clock that says 7pm at home. It is like my phone thinks that I am traveling and I am not in my own time zone.

Restarting my phone fixes the problem every time but it is very annoying because I depend on my phone to be my alarm clock. I also noticed today that turning on airplane mode and then turning it back off will also fix the problem.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?

jedinegotiator

May 13, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I am having an issue with my clock displaying the wrong time on occasion. I am using SlimKAT Stable 3.0 with Franco Kernel R37.

Sometimes my phone will display the time one hour earlier than it really is. I live in the Eastern Standard Timezone. So for example if it is actually 7pm my phone my say that it is 6pm. In the clock settings I have set my home timezone as Eastern Standard (GMT -4). When my phone is showing the wrong time it now has two clocks. The main clock will say 6pm and there is a second clock that says 7pm at home. It is like my phone thinks that I am traveling and I am not in my own time zone.

Restarting my phone fixes the problem every time but it is very annoying because I depend on my phone to be my alarm clock. I also noticed today that turning on airplane mode and then turning it back off will also fix the problem.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Help!

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
The obvious is do you have automatic time zone selected? Who is your carrier? Do you have GPS issues on your nexus? Maybe post in slimkat thread to see if anyone else experiences this

Sent from The Deathstar

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

What I was referring to with GPS is that if you have the wonky GPS problem it could think you are somewhere else and then notice you arent. You know what I am saying.

Sent from The Deathstar

howard bamber

Jun 4, 2012
Southport
I know how to cure it. Turn off auto time zone. Download "atomic clock" that will sync it with.... An atomic clock any time you want, or when it is programmed to by you

Sent by mobile telephone.