How can i update my One M8

Search This thread

or207

Jun 6, 2014
Hey, i recently bought an Unlocked Verizon HTC One M8,
im using a gsm sim card, everything works fine, but(and i know there is not an update yet) when im going to software update it says that the phone can update only in CDMA mode,
what can i do about it?
Thanks

evltwn72

Jan 27, 2011
Phx, AZ
Hey, i recently bought an Unlocked Verizon HTC One M8,
im using a gsm sim card, everything works fine, but(and i know there is not an update yet) when im going to software update it says that the phone can update only in CDMA mode,
what can i do about it?
Thanks

Do you have any friends who are on VZW and have either a Moto X or iPhone 5/5S? The reason I ask, is because those 2 phones take a nano SIM card like the M8 does. When a software update comes out, try using their SIM card in your phone to take the update. That's the easiest way I can think of.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA.

or207

Jun 6, 2014
Do you have any friends who are on VZW and have either a Moto X or iPhone 5/5S? The reason I ask, is because those 2 phones take a nano SIM card like the M8 does. When a software update comes out, try using their SIM card in your phone to take the update. That's the easiest way I can think of.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA.

unfortunately i bought the HTC from us and in my country (israel) there is no CDMA.. there is no VZW here.. :(

or207

Jun 6, 2014
You may still be able to check it while on Wi-Fi. What does it say if you go into settings and do a software update check?

Sent from my HTC One M8

I can't attach photos yet apparently..
It says:
Software update only work in CDMA mode.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

evltwn72

Jan 27, 2011
Phx, AZ
I can't attach photos yet apparently..
It says:
Software update only work in CDMA mode.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Well you might be stuck then without rooting and ROM'ing your phone. Hopefully sometime else might know. Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

JLintheTL619

Apr 22, 2014
I'm pretty sure you'll have to s-off and then root your phone to push the firmware update.

the Red Viper ROM

buzzer555

May 23, 2014
So given that my phone is in the same situation as the original poster, all I have to do is to s-off and root my phone to push the update?

How would the update be done if it's rooted? I just want to update the firmware, I have no intention of adding a custom rom or anything, just whatever sense version is the latest on verizon now

Spondronis

Jul 26, 2012
So given that my phone is in the same situation as the original poster, all I have to do is to s-off and root my phone to push the update?

How would the update be done if it's rooted? I just want to update the firmware, I have no intention of adding a custom rom or anything, just whatever sense version is the latest on verizon now

Yes, you should be able to install just the firmware/radios. There is a thread in the android development section specifically for the installation of the firmware/radios. You will definitely need s-off to install them. There is also a thread on that - it's actually really easy. I had my brand new m8 s-off'd and rooted in about 20 minutes.

Reactions: buzzer555

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, you should be able to install just the firmware/radios. There is a thread in the android development section specifically for the installation of the firmware/radios. You will definitely need s-off to install them. There is also a thread on that - it's actually really easy. I had my brand new m8 s-off'd and rooted in about 20 minutes.