Ringer Volume Drops By Itself !!

Search This thread

sarsourus

May 14, 2010
hey guys,

i noticed many times my M8 volume when i receive a call or notification drops to below 50%. i disabled the pocket mode setting and the "quiet ring on pickup" setting. i want it loud at all times but randomly it lowers the volume to same low level. i have passcode on my M8 so i know the down volume isnt toggled whole in my pocket.

any one else have this issue?

emfhussain

Apr 15, 2014
Yes, it's probably because you have the it set to do that when the phone is moved. uploadfromtaptalk1397544452565.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

sarsourus

May 14, 2010
But I disabled both of those settings ?!?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

crazysohc

Dec 9, 2010
SLC
I'm having the same issue even with those settings disabled

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

agentscuba314

Aug 3, 2010
St Louis
I second that, at first I thought I was tripping but the phone seems to do so, I get the issue on the ring and notifications. I find myself frequently pushing the volume up to make sure it isn't turned down.

phonefight

Oct 22, 2010
chicago
I have been having this issue, but at first I thought I was changing the volume by accident. I finally realized it was happening way too much to be by accident. It seems to change after receiving and answering calls. After I hang up, I check the volume and it is turned down. I swapped my phone at the T-Mobile store, and the replacement has the same exact issue. I have tried troubleshooting and replicating the issue, but so far I can't pinpoint an exact cause. I may have to return the M8, even though it has been my favorite phone thus far. I have been missing calls and texts due to the volume change bug. Otherwise the phone has been perfect.

crazysohc

Dec 9, 2010
SLC
Has anyone tried to contract HTC ? And report the issue?

rytymu

Oct 12, 2010
I have the AT&T model, and I have the same issues. I have (I think) narrowed it down to it being a problem with pocket mode, regardless if it's enabled or not. When the phone rings in my pocket, it is always too quiet. If it's laying flat on a table, it's always max volume. The only thing that contradicts this is when the default ringer rings (meaning an unknown number calls that I don't have a specific ringtone chosen for in contacts), it will always ring full volume (pocket or not). This REALLY pisses me off. I bought this phone for the loud speakers...

Edit: I have never experienced the volume icon dropping by itself. Everytime I click the volume rocker up, it's always says it's at max.

Nov 25, 2013
Verizon M8 here - and as such I have to be different. For me it's my Notification volume that maxes out when I answer a call. I turned the requisite settings off but as others have noticed, that had no effect. Simply receiving doesn't do it - it's only when I answer it hits.

Rooted, S-off & very puzzled.

Sent by Tapatalk Pro running my rooted Big Red HTC One M8

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
Just wanted to add my 3 day old M8 does this also, even with quite ring on pick up, and pocket mode unchecked, flip to mute check to mute once.

crazysohc

Dec 9, 2010
SLC
The new software update fixed the issue at least for me

Lolkor

May 27, 2013
Me too

hey guys,

i noticed many times my M8 volume when i receive a call or notification drops to below 50%. i disabled the pocket mode setting and the "quiet ring on pickup" setting. i want it loud at all times but randomly it lowers the volume to same low level. i have passcode on my M8 so i know the down volume isnt toggled whole in my pocket.

any one else have this issue?

Hi, do you find some issue for that problem? Because I bought M8 6 days ago and I have same problem with that.

We need resolve this because I am going be crazy for this phone.

crocantu

Mar 13, 2012
same

i have the M7 and i got that problem too ...i observed that it;s lower the ringtone volume only when i'm using the phone for something(internet,game,fb) and i get a call....when idle and the screen is locked, it doesn't happent....i get this problem with SamsungS3 too, so i guess its an android issue , or an issue of the branding of the carrier ...for me it came out only after updating to sense6.even if i am walking, my phone ring once and then silcence , or autoanswer....unchecked all ,checked again, try everything, nothing worked since now...

cristy7610

Jul 24, 2011
Same problem here..I thought that is only me with this problem but it seems not..If anyoane have a fix for this problem,please post here because is very anoying.I tried all settings and put a coustom rom but the same....

zeka66

Jul 18, 2009
Hi,

Turn OFF the Auto-pick function(not sure this is like that in english), this problem will dissapear.

Good luck,
Eugene

Last edited:

joneshw01

Oct 15, 2013
Contacted HTC now it's fix

I contacted HTC about the ringtone going down after every call. They asked me if it was after the software update . It was after that. This is what he had me do:

hold in the Volume Down key and the power key at the same time for a few seconds. Continue holding the Volume Down until you get to an "HBOOT" screen with 3 android guys at the bottom. Once in there, use the volume keys to go down to "Recovery" option, then press the power button once to select it.

You'll be taken to a screen with a picture of a phone with a "!" icon and a red triangle. Once there please hold the Volume Up key and press the Power key once for just a second, then let go, you will see another menu, go down (using the Volume Keys again) to "Wipe Cache Partition" option and press once the power key to select it. Once it's complete, choose the option to "Reboot System Now" and the phone will start back up. The Cache Wipe is complete.

It worked for me.
Hope it helps

Last edited: