Mar 20, 2010

Fixed alignment issue on text and lists
Fixed sort order issue in list view
Added divider visibility toggle
Optimized custom browser rendering
Minor UI changes to increase compatibility

Technecium

Oct 6, 2007
I am just confirming that the alignment is fixed.

I noticed the new toggle gridlines which is a nice touch. Will you be adding the ability to alternate the background color for each line?

Sent from my SHW-M380W using XDA Premium HD app

Technecium

Oct 6, 2007
Any issues that haven't been fixed?

I did notice something else but I'm not sure how it is supposed to work, so it may not be an issue. My goal was to grab stuff from m.gawker.com. I can select an image and it will load, but if I try to expand the selection to include the article title, only the text will appear in the preview, but the image is no longer loaded

Just to see if it was only the gawker site, I did a test on a less complex layout, google.

1. Browse to google.com
2. Load the mobile page
3. Switch to spot mode and tap the standard google logo (currently ps_logo2.png), not a google doodle.
4. Press + and the image appears on the preview/content selection screen
5. Adjust settings and press OK
6. The widget gets created and all is well. The google logo image appears in the widget.

Now this is where I'm not sure if things are working correctly.

1. Do steps 1-3 again
2. Additionally, I press the Up Arrow to select more content. I think this should include the existing selection, the google logo.
3. Press +
4. However, on the preview/content selection page the logo is no longer there.

So, on sites like gawker, lifehacker, etc I can select an image and it will load, but if I try to expand the selection to include the article title, only the text will appear in the preview, and the image is no longer loaded. I have tried various levels of selecting stuff, but the image always disappears after going up a selection level.

Last edited:

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
You have to add text and images as two separate widgets.

angeamon

Feb 1, 2010
Long Beach
Feedback !!

Gave your app a try yesterday... it is an impressive and innovative one...
I had a couple of problems while using it. Not sure if i used the app right... so here's what i did.
There's a site www.stereomood.com that gives a list of music based on mood. I was hoping to convert this list into a widget so that i could just open the site to play music based on my mood. Here's what i did....
(Problems i ran into are highlighted)

1. Browse to stereomood.com
2. Switched to spot mode and selected one of the moods (e.g. happy).
4. Pressed + and then selected option to use the list.
5. Adjusted various settings like "to update" when i select any item in widgetand pressed OK.
6. The widget got created and it worked fine. List kept updating when i selected them.
7. Realized I wanted it to open browser instead of updating list on selection.
8. I could not find a way to modify this widget. (Is this how u designed it or is there an option that needs to be enabled?)

Now, since the widget did not do what i wanted and i could not modify it, i deleted the widget. Followed all the steps above again to create another widget with my new selection option but then in place of the widget i had this message ("Problem loading widget"). I restarted my tab but the problem persisted. Again deleting and creating did not resolve the problem. Is there something i should have done ???

PS: My tab 10.1 runs on Task14 with preshoot's latest kernel.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Regarding the problem loading I really don't know what it was. Perhaps launcher related? Or memory related? Try rebooting.

Regarding updating. I recommend you set it up the following wasy:

Title click action - prompt
Item click action - open in browser

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
No its not possible. You might be able to get the text itself though.

jamezelle

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2007
Ohio
www.jamezelle.com
ftgg99 another awesome and useful app from you. I will be purchasing! this is wonderful for quote charts. thanks for a wonderful app!

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ftgg99

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Thank you - the best thanks is a nice review on the market :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    META WIDGET

Meta is a unique app that can turn virtually any online content into dynamic, interactive widgets.

Simply browse to a website, pick a column of text, link or image and enjoy this information right on your home screen!

Why is this cool you ask? Because almost anything can be parsed out of a website - images, blogrolls, RSS feeds or entire windows.

Any widget created through Meta can be customized and automatically updated, or updated on user interaction.

Features

★ Create widgets from almost any website element
    ★ Parse graphs and images
    ★ Extract statistics and information from authorized sites
    ★ Configure widgets (background, alignment, etc.)
    ★ Automatic updates
    ★ User defined click actions
    ★ Lots of other cool stuff

Status

The app is currently quite stable, but we still prefer to call it a beta. So please, do write to us with suggestions or bug reports!

Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.metawidget

The free app has everything but automatic updates. Please buy the Key - that would help us a lot :)

Screens

looks like a great idea
    just downloaded but when i tried to start it, it zoomed out like it was about to open an app but closed so it didnt even start to open
    also no icon on homescreen or in app draw
    no new widgets
    i tried reinstalling
    i downloaded it off the market
    im a p7510 and running galaxy task on a switch me log in thingy :)
    happy to help test
    You are a funny guy :)
    Problem: The widget title alignment doesn't seem to work. Regardless of choosing center or right, it remains aligned on the left.

Suggestion: Ability to select two colors so you can alternate colors for each line of a widgets content.

Alignment works fine for me on all devices i have, what is your device name and firmware version?
    ftgg99 another awesome and useful app from you. I will be purchasing! this is wonderful for quote charts. thanks for a wonderful app!

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2