Xperia Play won't boot into Flash Mode

Search This thread

dannash918

May 28, 2012
Hi,

I am having troubles. My Xperia Play won't boot into flash mode. USB debugging is on, phone is in MSC mode. I turn the phone off, press the back button while plugging in the USB cable and it boots into fastboot. (Blue LED light turns on and Flashtool recognises it as Fastboot mode). I am running DooMKernel and Ice-Cream SONY rom, but have tried changing ROMs and that doesnt affect it.

Thanks
Daniel

Last edited:

simpson1991

Jan 2, 2010
Try to turn off your phone press the search button and connect it to your computer

Gesendet von meinem R800i mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dannash918

fareeed

Apr 16, 2012
Newcastle
Hi,

I am having troubles. My Xperia Play won't boot into flash mode. USB debugging is on, phone is in MSC mode. I turn the phone off, press the back button while plugging in the USB cable and it boots into fastboot. (Blue LED light turns on and Flashtool recognises it as Fastboot mode). I am running DooMKernel and Ice-Cream SONY rom, but have tried changing ROMs and that doesnt affect it.

Thanks
Daniel

Hm, try this. Boot into recovery and from the reboot options select flash mode.

Goodluck

Edit: Sorry got confused with fastboot mode :p If you can try using another computer, could be a problem with drivers?

Last edited:

dannash918

May 28, 2012
Thanks heaps for your help. I thought it was back not search button. Unfortunately it's my search button that's broken which is why i'm trying to change it back to stock to send it in to my provider. Is there any other way besides using the search button? I tried a different PC as well and unfortunately that didnt work.

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Thanks heaps for your help. I thought it was back not search button. Unfortunately it's my search button that's broken which is why i'm trying to change it back to stock to send it in to my provider. Is there any other way besides using the search button? I tried a different PC as well and unfortunately that didnt work.

unlucky. I think there is no other way. to get in to fastboot you could send simple adb command but I don't think such a command exists for flashmode

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

sdojoin

Apr 20, 2012
No_Where
If hav flashtool just enable the usb debugging, connect phone to pc, go to fastboot option menu then select "reboot into fastboot via adb":D

Easy breezy:p Done it thousands time WITHOUT pushin any button. Just use flashtool's fastboot menu n makesure to enable usb debugging:D Enjoy:)

Hit thanks if this help;)

:DThanks vokal1992:D

burk33y

Mar 31, 2012
I also have a dodgy search button that also plays up when tryin to get into flash mode, i just take the battery out and leave it for 5 mins and hope it works, failing that i get a pin and lift the search button up to try stop it.

Sent from my R800i using XDA

dannash918

May 28, 2012
If hav flashtool just enable the usb debugging, connect phone to pc, go to fastboot option menu then select "reboot into fastboot via adb":D

Easy breezy:p Done it thousands time WITHOUT pushin any button. Just use flashtool's fastboot menu n makesure to enable usb debugging:D Enjoy:)

This boots it into fastboot mode. Is there a way to boot in to flash mode through flashtool?

I also have a dodgy search button that also plays up when tryin to get into flash mode, i just take the battery out and leave it for 5 mins and hope it works, failing that i get a pin and lift the search button up to try stop it.

Sent from my R800i using XDA

Thanks, tried that. removing the battery didnt help and i tried to lift up the button with a pin. I tried pressing the metal underneath but that still didnt work. Looks like thats the part thats broken.

Will Sony/SE fix hardware issues even if your phone is rooted? Or is hardware warranty lost as well.

HEZAiKU

Oct 11, 2012
Sorry to bump old thread. This is just for somebody that's still can't to boot flash mode for some reason.

I've my first Xperia PLAY until some month its has cable flex problem. Buying the new one, got it fixed myself BUT same as the title thread the device won't be able to boot flash mode, only fastboot. So to fix it I need to rechange back to broken cable flex and im able to enter flash mode again until im done and need to repeating change again.

So I dont know maybe because im buying the cheaper one or something else, but this method is works for me. Hope its help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

unlucky. I think there is no other way. to get in to fastboot you could send simple adb command but I don't think such a command exists for flashmode

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2
    Try to turn off your phone press the search button and connect it to your computer

Gesendet von meinem R800i mit Tapatalk 2
    it the search button not the back button
    Hi,

Thanks
    Daniel

Hm, try this. Boot into recovery and from the reboot options select flash mode.

Goodluck

Edit: Sorry got confused with fastboot mode :p If you can try using another computer, could be a problem with drivers?