[MOD][4.4][CM11]Sence lockscreen theme

Search This thread

DarkStryder

Dec 16, 2012
Antequera
Hi guys I thought I would share this bit of work ive done, hope u like and enjoy it
I took a good while to do this.

Tested on: official Cm11, Sensonic HD Rom......

Screenshots:

3yve9yta.jpg

2ahuqunu.jpg

ydehy2er.jpg

ja7ana7u.jpg

u2ubymu6.jpg

Download link: d-h.st/Mv0

Instalation process:

1- Boot cwm
2- wipe /dalvik & /cache
3- flash my .zip
4- boot and enjoy

Dont forget the thanks button!!

Last edited:

Markox89

Feb 25, 2009
@DarkStryder I've struggling for some days, trying to adapt good old vrtheme script to CM 11.
I saw yours and I miss something: I had to rewrite most of the code, and the first thing that gave me error was setting permissions to 755 to the scripts extracted on /sdcard.
How you succeded in that? A specific update-binary, different from CM's? A different recovery?
I worked a lot to make the whole thing work again, so I'm very interested in how you left everything as it used to be and still made it work :D

Tsjoklat

Apr 5, 2010
@DarkStryder I've struggling for some days, trying to adapt good old vrtheme script to CM 11.
I saw yours and I miss something: I had to rewrite most of the code, and the first thing that gave me error was setting permissions to 755 to the scripts extracted on /sdcard.
How you succeded in that? A specific update-binary, different from CM's? A different recovery?
I worked a lot to make the whole thing work again, so I'm very interested in how you left everything as it used to be and still made it work :D

Take a look at the modifications to the vrtheme script Ive made on the Dark Holo Theme thread here. CM11 now enforces selinux which requires specific "set_metadata" commands in the updater-script. The "set_metadata" command not only sets the file permissions, but it also sets the selinux labels. This new "set_metadata" command replaces the previous "set_perm" command and requires a new version of ClockWorkMod to support it. Make sure you are using CWM 6.0.4.7 or newer to support selinux file permissions.

Reactions: Markox89

Markox89

Feb 25, 2009
Take a look at the modifications to the vrtheme script Ive made on the Dark Holo Theme thread here. CM11 now enforces selinux which requires specific "set_metadata" commands in the updater-script. The "set_metadata" command not only sets the file permissions, but it also sets the selinux labels. This new "set_metadata" command replaces the previous "set_perm" command and requires a new version of ClockWorkMod to support it. Make sure you are using CWM 6.0.4.7 or newer to support selinux file permissions.

Thank you, learning new things is always awesome! :D
In my ignorance I just rebased the whole script in another partition, where set_perm is still allowed :p
But, again: good to know! :cool:

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Tsjoklat

Apr 5, 2010
In my ignorance I just rebased the whole script in another partition, where set_perm is still allowed :p

The set_perm command is still allowed with the new versions of CWM. It is for backwards compatibility of the older scripts. Also, sometimes set_perm is still needed when you want to set permissions of a file on a fat32 sdcard that does not support selinux labels. Selinux requires ext3 or ext4 file systems for the labeling, but you have a sdcard that usually formatted as fat32 by default.

Reactions: Markox89

Markox89

Feb 25, 2009
The set_perm command is still allowed with the new versions of CWM. It is for backwards compatibility of the older scripts. Also, sometimes set_perm is still needed when you want to set permissions of a file on a fat32 sdcard that does not support selinux labels. Selinux requires ext3 or ext4 file systems for the labeling, but you have a sdcard that usually formatted as fat32 by default.

Oh, so the file system is the problem! That's why it works everywhere but on sdcards :)
Thank you very much! :highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys I thought I would share this bit of work ive done, hope u like and enjoy it
    I took a good while to do this.

Tested on: official Cm11, Sensonic HD Rom......

Screenshots:

3yve9yta.jpg

2ahuqunu.jpg

ydehy2er.jpg

ja7ana7u.jpg

u2ubymu6.jpg

Download link: d-h.st/Mv0

Instalation process:

1- Boot cwm
    2- wipe /dalvik & /cache
    3- flash my .zip
    4- boot and enjoy

Dont forget the thanks button!!