ZU Screen is easily broken, is that true?

Search This thread

shokuhawan

Sep 16, 2008
I'm currently using a S4 but considering switch to ZU. My fr owned ZU but he told me that screen is just very easily to get a crack on it. He aslmost do nothing, just take it out from his pocket. I did some google and found that many people had the same problem.
Darn, I LOVE the big screen on ZU so much.

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
I'm currently using a S4 but considering switch to ZU. My fr owned ZU but he told me that screen is just very easily to get a crack on it. He aslmost do nothing, just take it out from his pocket. I did some google and found that many people had the same problem.
I've dropped mine twice on to concrete once from just over 1m and the second time from almost 2m from the cab of my 6 1/2 ton 4x4 truck. :eek:

The second time did have a flipcover on to save it - neither time ended in a broken screen

jaime4272

Jul 26, 2008
Earth
I too have drop my ultra twice ones from my bike while riding and another time I drop it. The Basel maybe scratch but the screen intact

megadp

Jan 15, 2013
Minooka
I cracked my screen a few months back (a week after I got it) and I didn't even drop it! No idea how it happened, considering it was in my pocket when it happened, but 3 months and $360 later, I got it back and bought an Incipio case and tempered glass screen protector and it hasn't happened again.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
I cracked my screen a few months back (a week after I got it) and I didn't even drop it! No idea how it happened, considering it was in my pocket when it happened, but 3 months and $360 later, I got it back and bought an Incipio case and tempered glass screen protector and it hasn't happened again.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Yeah, some people will get a bad one, and I assume Sony has fixed this "issue" on the newer ones.

hutchins

Sep 12, 2013
Dallas

I cracked my screen while in my pocket. I actually dis assembled my phone today and was surprised by the build. The phones frame is actually poly carbonite plastic with aluminum trim added to the sides. The top and bottom trim is also poly carbonite I'm guessing for the anttenna signal. I'm gonna make a post of my phone disassembly. But the main reason for screen cracking is cause the phone is so big and so thin. The screen glass looks to only be 1- 1.5mm thick so when it flex the glass cracks.

hamdogg

May 14, 2012
New Zealand
www.youtube.com

I've had two issues with mine. But none were cracked screen. Holds up fine for me