LS980 4.4 update thread ZVC is here

Search This thread

Robisgnarly

Dec 20, 2011
Midland
Figured i would start this thread seeing as the Verizon has its own now. This way all of the sprint rumors, speculation and or whatever involving the 4.4 update can be put here. This way we are not digging through so many pages to find a few that relate to the sprint variant.

Last edited:

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
It's weird, Sprint is usually super quick at updates, if not first. Oh well, I think it will be soon, I can feel it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Robisgnarly

wcr84

Dec 9, 2010
I'd say until Flex has 4.4 on Sprint you can forget about it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tvsamson

Nov 29, 2011
If I have root and have uninstalled a few system apps, can I take the OTA when it comes out?

Koopa777

May 18, 2012

wcr84

Dec 9, 2010
What's this opinion based on?

Considering they are just now rolling in. My buddy bought one this week and the sales guys was pressing him and another guy hard to buy that phone. The whole idea around note competition to. I'm just saying if I was head of LG I'd put 4.4 on my newest model first only because your newest version is sadly running 4.2.2

gonk24

Mar 7, 2011
Considering they are just now rolling in. My buddy bought one this week and the sales guys was pressing him and another guy hard to buy that phone. The whole idea around note competition to. I'm just saying if I was head of LG I'd put 4.4 on my newest model first only because your newest version is sadly running 4.2.2

LG has already given KK to Sprint. They've been testing it for a while now. It's up to them to finalize and Ok it now. The Flex has been out on Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T for a month and 2 of them have updated the G2.

Last edited:

wcr84

Dec 9, 2010
I haven't even had thus phone a month and I'm not feeling keen on the update interval. 4.2 really LG?

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
I haven't even had thus phone a month and I'm not feeling keen on the update interval. 4.2 really LG?

In LG's defense, when KitKat released in November, some variant's of the m7(HTC One) were still on 4.1.2. LG would have been stupid to update 4.3, it would have been a flagrant waste of money. LG knew in August of the existence of Kitkat(because PDK, and Nexus 5), so they just focused on delivering KitKat, and skipping 4.3. Hell, the Note 10.1 is skipping 4.2 AND 4.3, and going straight to KitKat.

Ind3lible

Nov 8, 2011
Also wasn't sprint the last carrier to get the LG G2? :eek: so maybe that's why we are last this time just saying o.o

Robisgnarly

Dec 20, 2011
Midland
Then you should have gotten a Nexus.

I would have but at the time couldnt shell out the cash for the 32gb. 16 just isnt enough for me and honestly 32 sometimes becomes pretty close to cutting it.

If I have root and have uninstalled a few system apps, can I take the OTA when it comes out?

from what i am seeing and hearing, No. you will have to .tot back to stock in order to take ota. or if those apps were backed up in titanium you may be able to restore them and take ota. Not sure on the last one though.

Jawbox

Oct 29, 2013
I suspect part of wait for 4.4 is that Sprint put a lot of resources into the 4.2 Spark Update when they would have been otherwise testing KK, other carriers were able to get more QA time on the new release and Sprint is playing catchup. (Personally, I wish they'd waited for KK to do Spark)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Figured i would start this thread seeing as the Verizon has its own now. This way all of the sprint rumors, speculation and or whatever involving the 4.4 update can be put here. This way we are not digging through so many pages to find a few that relate to the sprint variant.
    I'm more looking forward to a pre-rooted upgrade.zip over the OTA.

PC will be in Ubuntu while I am at work. @Savoca has the kernel ready. Just need to undo the wifi tether so it patches correctly to test. Rest assured we'll be testing one in short order.

Here's mine.

22d7d735e9def15f3dd803c6f687b579910f732c.LS980ZVA_01-LS980ZVC_12_update

All: Download link direct from Google: http://android.clients.google.com/p...79910f732c.LS980ZVA_01-LS980ZVC_12_update.zip

(thanks Autoprime for posting the links for prior OTAs!)
    I know you all are excited for KK, but I would strongly advise not going about this on your own for now unless you're on COMPLETELY STOCK ZVA (no TWRP, no root). While you might be successful otherwise, I wouldn't play with it right now. There are some issues right now that devs are actively working on.

In case you're thinking "gee -viperboy-, you're sure a stick in the mud!", as a dev, I have some idea of what I'm doing, and while testing something out for this, I am unable to get into download mode anymore. Someone else lost LTE during testing. These issues will all be figured out soon, but I really hope people heed my advice and hang on for a little bit longer.