Evil ATT Address Book

Search This thread

hack14u

Nov 23, 2010
Mobile, AL
How in the heck can we stop this monster short of rooting and debloating? Everytime I try anything with contacts there it is and I have to hit the back button to escape. There doesn't seem to be a way anywhere to kill this atrocity of an app.

Okay, call me stupid, it gives more options NOT to use it once your SIM is active. So used to HTC Dev Editions, or GPE. Mods can delete.

Last edited:

Ivizoid

Aug 10, 2010
Orange County
You should be able to disable it through Apps in Settings. What I usually do is just have it set up then in contacts under settings manually uncheck it so it doesn't sync anything.

npaladin2000

Jul 6, 2009
Wappingers Falls
You should be able to disable it through Apps in Settings. What I usually do is just have it set up then in contacts under settings manually uncheck it so it doesn't sync anything.

They don't let you disable it on the G2, I doubt they'd do so on the G3. One of the reasons I ordered a T-Mobile version.

You'd probably have to do a root-debloat to get rid of it.

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
I rooted and it's gone after some debloating.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pdushie

May 24, 2012
Might be too late but here it goes

How in the heck can we stop this monster short of rooting and debloating? Everytime I try anything with contacts there it is and I have to hit the back button to escape. There doesn't seem to be a way anywhere to kill this atrocity of an app.

Okay, call me stupid, it gives more options NOT to use it once your SIM is active. So used to HTC Dev Editions, or GPE. Mods can delete.

On my LG G3 I had the same problem and later on a friend asked me to do this and it worked perfectly.
Go to the dialer and type *#*#2666#*#*
Select "Registration" and choose "Completed"
And you should be ok.

Reactions: X Project X

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Might be too late but here it goes

On my LG G3 I had the same problem and later on a friend asked me to do this and it worked perfectly.
    Go to the dialer and type *#*#2666#*#*
    Select "Registration" and choose "Completed"
    And you should be ok.