ICS a place to chat

Search This thread

te45a

Jun 27, 2011
Beckley
Go into settings and if the background is just black it has partial HWA. If it has full HWA the background will be a gradient color. Aokp has full hwa since build 30 i think or 31

Last time I ran with AOKP it was 29 and they didn't have it, also had bunch of FC so I switched, does 31 have any FC's?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Reactions: Olaorun67

timn03

Apr 14, 2012
Kansas City, Kansas
AOKP Build 33

Flashed AOKP build 33 on my evo last night. Everything that worked for me in milestone 4 works, plus the additional features from builds 31 and 32, and very, VERY smooth. Also, not sure which latest build included the working wifi hotspot, but it's working great, too. Very pleased with this build, looking forward to milestone 5! Great work AOKP dev team, keep it up!

Last edited:

te45a

Jun 27, 2011
Beckley
Flashed AOKP build 33 on my evo last night. Everything that worked for me in milestone 4 works, plus the additional features from builds 31 and 32, and very, VERY smooth. Also, not sure which latest build included the working wifi hotspot, but it's working great, too. Very pleased with this build, looking forward to milestone 5! Great work AOKP dev team, keep it up!

Did anyone try GPS on AOKP 33, had trouble with Navigation

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

tgm4883

Mar 10, 2010
So I've been running the unofficial CM9 nightly from May 10th, and I've noticed a few issues. Wondering if anyone else running this build has seen the same.

[ROM] Unofficial CM9 for Supersonic Nightlies (2012-5-10)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1625096

1) After calling 911, the phone is in emergency mode and cannot make normal calls until rebooted. I don't have a lock screen and had just dialed 911 just like any other call I would have made so I thought that was weird.

2) I cannot call out through my Google Voice. What happens is the person on the other end sees me calling from my cell number, not my Google voice number. I attempted turning on some of the GV features via the touch tones, but those didn't work so it seems the call isn't being routed through the GV servers at all. It's worth noting that this worked previous to me switching to this ROM ( I used the kushdeck ICS rom before ) and that I have Sprint GV integration but didn't choose to use my Sprint number with GV.

jmockk

Apr 27, 2012
why cant my phone take any ics rom anymore

i used to have akop rom then went to red line now im trying to go back to akop and my phone is acting unstable

css911

May 13, 2010
This is for all ICS devs for the SuperSonic EVO 4G, JMZ just released new Nightly ROMs that include fixes for Hulu, and video apps (except Netflix atm). Also, he released a camera fix. which is awesome. It actually works and he uploaded the patch as a separate zip file. Take advantage of this. I really want to see a MIUI ROM, become up to speed on performance.

Jun 22, 2012
I recently started using ICS on my evo. Tried AOKP and then switched to JMZs very good CM9. Everything was running smooth until I ran google nav. The app would run for a few minutes then freeze and reboot the phone. I uninstalled and reinstalled maps. I fixed permissions from recovery. I even reflashed the rom. I wanted to post about it in the dev thread but you need a certain amount of posts overall.

I was running the mason 0.1.5 RC5 kernel on the 6/22 nightly. I was wondering if anyone else was having the same experience with nav?

06/24 nightly with the same mason kernel update
nav works as long as you don't put the phone into the dock

Last edited:

j0ckinjz

Nov 9, 2010
NY
Does anyone else have problems with downloading mms messages? Connected to wifi or 3g downloading takes forever.

Jun 22, 2012
Installed 06/27 jmz nightly over fresh factory reset to test docked navigation bug. Did not change governor or mess with kernel in any way.

Ran nav outside of dock successfully. Then inserted phone into dock and opened nav. Nav ran fine for 5 minutes then froze and phone rebooted.

I can confirm this happens consistently across multiple nightlies even after wiping the phone.

Can anyone else confirm this bug? I feel like I'm talking to myself a little with this problem but it seems like a big deal to me.

LordJezo

Apr 13, 2011
I read here someplace that the reason the FFC doesn't work is because HTC never released the drivers for it, or something like that.

Does anyone expect this to ever be corrected or will no FFC be a demanded trade off if someone wants to go 4.x+ on their phones? Is this something private developers could ever do or are we at the complete mercy of HTC?

diusgh

May 1, 2012
Installed 06/27 jmz nightly over fresh factory reset to test docked navigation bug. Did not change governor or mess with kernel in any way.

Ran nav outside of dock successfully. Then inserted phone into dock and opened nav. Nav ran fine for 5 minutes then froze and phone rebooted.

I can confirm this happens consistently across multiple nightlies even after wiping the phone.

Can anyone else confirm this bug? I feel like I'm talking to myself a little with this problem but it seems like a big deal to me.

When I was using team dirt's cm9 port, my nav and maps weren't functional, phone lockup/reboot. As I can't live without nav I rolled back to ginger and didn't try to trouble shoot it. Tried it twice then rolled back to a nan.

sent from my Supersonic on Digital Karma v7.7 w/ Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok I thought I would start a page for everyone trying out the new beloved ICS alpha roms to talk. This way the developers can work and their pages stay clean.

I have installed the latest preview 1 plus the zip labled as hardware acceleration. plus the inivisable tweaks. This thing is running like a champ now. the keyboard is responsive. I turned off the animations and forced the 2d gpu settings. I also have v6 supercharger installed. Been running for almost 4 hours without any random reboots. 3d games will suck but the 2d ones are running good.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    Is there an ICS build that works all the way?

I'm not sure what you mean by "all the way," but if you mean front facing camera, camcorder, 4G, etc.... then no. Not even close.

If you mean something that is usable as an everyday device, then yes. They are very stable, very smooth, and very fun to use. Pretty much all of them are roughly the same right now. They almost all have full hardware acceleration, camera (with some slight bugs), and are slick and stable.

My personal favorite at the moment is the latest build of the AOKP (Build 31). It is unbelievably smooth - by far the most responsive ROM my phone has ever seen. Only one reboot I believe, and that could be kernel-related because I wasn't using the stock kernel (I tried the Mason 0.14 SBC non-fso kernel, which is awesome for battery life by the way).
    Preview 4
    What I have found that works
    sms
    wifi
    1x
    3g
    Bluetooth
    calls
    gallery
    hardware acceleration
    gps
    sound
    moms
    headphones

What does not work or work correctly

camera
    4g (not that it will ever work for me Cricket does not support it)

this is all I have had time to test.

I would like to thank all the developers for all their had work. This is great so far!!

Let me preface this by saying I appreciate all the hard work all the dev's have done on these builds, and they are all pretty good in their own respects, but JaredtheGreat's ICS rom v2.3, which I'm running right now, is easily my favorite. It's running smoother for me than any of the other builds from deck or platt and I'm having absolutely no issues with fc's, etc. I'd definitely recommend trying this one out if your having any issues with the other ICS builds

:edit my mistake they do have an ics build.

The reason its so stable is that it is only a heavily themed version of 7.1. It does have a few ics features yet it is not ics. Not trying to bad mouth a good rom here but don't want anyone thinking it is something it's not.

AOKP vs. MIUI.

So I'm currently checking out AOKP to compare it to the latest MIUI where I came from. I'm using NOVA launcher for both. To begin with they're very similar (Of course coming from the same code base). Both have the same issues (Front camera, Video recording, and Netflix don't work. Buttons don't light up. Battery consumption is very high). Other than that most everything seems to work.

AOKP seems a bit faster and I do like some of the customization options they provide with ROM control. Some of these don't seem to work for me or maybe I'm doing something wrong, but anything related to the lockscreen doesn't seem to work (i.e. Lockscreen style, volume music controls, fast torch, etc).

Even with ROM Control MIUI is still ahead when it comes to customization options. Themes still don't apply correctly in MIUI and a few options are missing as compared to the last GB version. A matter of preference I guess, but I still like the MIUI dialer way better than even the latest ICS dialer.

Bottom line is right now I'm undecided whether to stay with AOKP or go back to MIUI...They're both daily driver material for me as I don't need Netflix or Camcorder on a regular basis. I'll jump on whichever release the next version first.

Edit: My battery usage was very high, but after I did Battery Calibration it seem actually pretty decent. Right now standing at 30% after 15+ hours with moderate use. Torch still doesn't work by pressing the home button.

Just a note Jared has just put up a MIUI based ICS..it's in beta so there will be some glitches..but if you like MIUI might be worth a look..it on his site blazing-rom