OFFICIAL ICS DISCUSSION THREAD - ONLY HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jonmorris

Apr 22, 2012
Hatfield, UK
www.jmcomms.com
divorce? i though Sony just "took direct control" over ericsson (they bought ericsson). :confused:

They bought Ericsson out, they didn't take over Ericsson. (Edit: Just seen that someone else posted that earlier - sorry!)

The company is still run just as it was, with the same people. Very little has changed yet, as it's still not integrated within Sony itself (and might not be).

Last edited:

D33KK

Sep 20, 2009
Thanks and kudos to the ninja who download the leaked vid!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Reactions: ang1000

nit

Jul 8, 2007
Hong Kong
Yes, in the video, the operations look smoother than in Gingerbread.

I've heard people complaining about the ICS upgrade on Samsung Galexy Note makes the mobile less smooth. It seems that Sony is doing a good job in this. :)

pixy132

Apr 1, 2012
Yes, in the video, the operations look smoother than in Gingerbread.

I've heard people complaining about the ICS upgrade on Samsung Galexy Note makes the mobile less smooth. It seems that Sony is doing a good job in this. :)

That's the price we paid to get a late update :)

But I like the fact that Sony keeps posting updates about upgrade timeline and stuff like that, not like some manufacturers who never bother to inform consumers :cool:

realfelix

Apr 4, 2011
Trier
well.. i think that the release isn't that far away now .. i don't trust "end june" the fw in the video seemed to be near final to me.. everything ran smooth , new features included, maybe there are still some bugs which they need to fix but i think its around the corner :)

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
well.. i think that the release isn't that far away now .. i don't trust "end june" the fw in the video seemed to be near final to me.. everything ran smooth , new features included, maybe there are still some bugs which they need to fix but i think its around the corner :)
That and you haven't seen a later build I just saw. Feels sooooo freaking smooth. In ya face SGS3 :p

lullesha

Jun 18, 2010
K900, teasing us, aren't you? We know where you live! (west-central russia)
KGB won't save you from angry XPS users :p

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
K900, teasing us, aren't you? We know where you live! (west-central russia)
KGB won't save you from angry XPS users :p
There's no KGB for 20-something years already.
Dude you made me inpatient right now!dammit!
I'm doing my best to find someone who can leak it and stay safe, can't promise anything.
That. I normally aint impatient but when its about a huge Update like what youre teasing for which seems to be damn smooth i cant hide the fact that im so eagerly waiting:D
K900 is the teaser for ICS on the xps tbh. . prepare guys. .
Sent from my LT26i
I'm not. In fact I don't have anything to do with Sony really. I like their products and I know some people who work there so that's where I get the info. Nothing more.

Reactions: Yakandu

jonmorris

Apr 22, 2012
Hatfield, UK
www.jmcomms.com
But I like the fact that Sony keeps posting updates about upgrade timeline and stuff like that, not like some manufacturers who never bother to inform consumers :cool:

Or you could go for the Motorola approach, where you issue a list of every handset and then say the next update will be in about five years, also making sure you pick and choose by region - so a phone might get ICS here, but not there - despite being the exact same hardware!

Yes, I'd say that Sony is one of the better manufacturers for doing updates - even if people might have to wait a little longer.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

That's what they want us to believe. :)

lullesha

Jun 18, 2010

I know, it was a abstruse ironical stab at "in soviet russia" jokes...
I'm sorry to create misunderstadings for I've an obscure taste of humor which you are probably not accustomed to.

I am grateful for you leaked info tho, and am VERY agitated by the suspension created by all these leaks and what not. It actually makes me dare dream about rooting with locked BL...

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
I know, it was a abstruse ironical stab at "in soviet russia" jokes...
I'm sorry to create misunderstadings for I've an obscure taste of humor which you are probably not accustomed to.

I am grateful for you leaked info tho, and am VERY agitated by the suspension created by all these leaks and what not. It actually makes me dare dream about rooting with locked BL...

Well we do have FSB :p

marcoplo

Nov 4, 2010
why do we talk about MI5/6 insted of KGB? they are old basters. There was/they are / they will be there sitting secretly >>>undercover<<<< there no other way

But i still like Russia -> you ask why-> no website ban like in uk, get some staff for free -> piracy. I love it

Bad boy, Bad boy what you gonna do when they come for you !! :D

come back to XpS pls

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apparently, you do not want this thread to remain open.
    And I do not want to hear anyone saying I am unfair because even though yesterday I posted this:

Thread cleaned and re-opened.
    Ideally, no new posts should be made before the actual release.
    If you absolutely have to post something, it has to be some kind of new information.
    This is not an IRC chatroom, nor a place to blow off steam.
    Please proceed on topic, that being the ICS update.
    Next time, I will lock it permanently.

I let the thread grow 10 pages of chat-like posts repeating over and over the exact same speculations and decided I would let you guys kill some time until the update.

(I've been an X10 user dying to get Gingerbread and then an Arc S user waiting for an ICS update. I know how torturing the waiting can be and how it can get to anyone's nerves. Whether we admit it or not, our mobile phones become a big part of our lives, that is why most of us are here anyway.)

But opening this thread today and seeing personal attacks between members is not something I can let slip. You proved that you cannot keep a low-key discussion and I am not willing to keep cleaning up after you.

Thread closed.
    A comprehensive FAQ for a concerned ICS zealot
    The text in italics is unconfirmed or doubted information

Q: When is ICS being released?
    A: Q2 2012. That is the second three months, i.e. April, May and June.

Q: Why is it taking so long?
    A: Because the Xperia S was released in the process of the Sony/Ericsson merger. They are still working on integration between the teams and much more that needs to be done.

Q: Any chance we get it earlier?
    A: Yes, starting from this week (05/21/12) to early June.

Q: When does <country> get it?
    A: The rollout usually starts in Nordic countries (Sweden, homeland of Ericsson) and then continues when local carrier testing is passed. However once it's out in Sweden, someone will surely upload a flashable FTF for us all to enjoy :)

Q: Any chance we see a leaked build?
    A: Not from me. If anyone else wants to leak it, you're welcome.

Q: What's the version?
    A: Android 4.0.4 with kernel 3.0.8. Sony build is 6.1.A.0.3xx or 4xx.

Q: Will it have face unlock?
    A: Yes.

Q: Will it have <any other feature here>?
    A: The feature set is close to ICS for 2011 devices, but there will be some goodies.

Q: Is battery life any good?
    A: Really good, better than .73.

Q: Do we have any factual proof?
    A: See the proof list below.

Factual proof list

Changelog
    • 21/05/2012: Started the FAQ

PM me if I missed anything (or just ask in the thread again :p) and please, don't quote this post ever.
    Lets see if I can get something up and running for u guys ;-)

Sent from my LT26i using XDA
    closed_review.png
    it seem to me that only names have changed from sony ericsson to sony but all old lazy empty head basters :mad: stay where as it was before where are those blady reduction jobs they taking ****ing wages and keep chairs warm getting fat. :rolleyes:

sorry for wording

With that efficiency they can only dream about increase profit and market share:eek:

btw end of the Q2 is end of june ? so eventually we got only two weeks delay so is not too bad:D

They want and are able to increase profits and market share. Things are changing for Sony and inside Sony. They're not lazy, they are busy upgrading your grandma's Xperia pro. Not a single other manufacturer delivered updates for every previous generation device, even budget dumbphones. Sony did, or at least they are working to do it. Sony is the biggest AOSP contributor after Google itself. Sony pushes the new Xperia lineup aggressively and I've already seen a whole bunch of people switch to the S and the P, some of them ditching their iPhones. Sony hires highly qualified engineers and software developers, not some 'old lazy empty head basters'. I'm not being a fanboy here, the only company I'm a fanboy of is Studio Ghibli. I'm just trying to make you all understand the good things. The Galaxy S is not getting ICS. The Xperia active is. Because they ducking care for you. Because the universe doesn't end with the Xperia S. Because there are more people with 2011 Xperia devices who want to get ICS. Because there are people with 2011 Samsung devices that never will. Because you, yes you, are f-wording the people who care for you.
    If anyone from Sony is reading it: sadly, the only thing that's expressed publicly about you is whine and insults. I feel sorry for this and for the state of XDA in general. We don't post love letters here, but we are thankful for all the work you've done. We care about you and we understand you don't owe us anything. Take your time, make it perfect and watch the whine turn into love.