[Q] No 2G on N9005

Search This thread

lyrixist

Jun 6, 2014
Hey guys, first timer here. Having a bit of issues with H+ / 2G and 4.4.2 battery drain.
I know that 4.4.2 has a battery drain bug that will be addressed with the launch of 4.4.3 and so I'll have to just keep waiting until it reaches my phone. However, I'm using the LIME network here in Jamaica and I'm unable to get 2G. This being the case, my phone stays on H+ while I'm on the road and this kills my battery very rapidly. What I usually do with my note 2 was to keep it on 2G until I needed to browse and that would allow my battery to last for up to about 16 hours.

When I select GSM only, I don't get any data whatsoever. When I check with my provider, they claim that the 2G band on my phone probably isn't compatible with theirs. I find this strange, because this note 3 is an international version. Are there any tricks, hacks or anything that anyone can give me to get 2G on demand and save some battery?

Ps. I normally use 'tellinfo' on the note 2, but it apparently isn't compatible with the N9005. Any help'd be greatly appreciated.

X

x102x96x

i

Hey guys, first timer here. Having a bit of issues with H+ / 2G and 4.4.2 battery drain.
I know that 4.4.2 has a battery drain bug that will be addressed with the launch of 4.4.3 and so I'll have to just keep waiting until it reaches my phone. However, I'm using the LIME network here in Jamaica and I'm unable to get 2G. This being the case, my phone stays on H+ while I'm on the road and this kills my battery very rapidly. What I usually do with my note 2 was to keep it on 2G until I needed to browse and that would allow my battery to last for up to about 16 hours.

When I select GSM only, I don't get any data whatsoever. When I check with my provider, they claim that the 2G band on my phone probably isn't compatible with theirs. I find this strange, because this note 3 is an international version. Are there any tricks, hacks or anything that anyone can give me to get 2G on demand and save some battery?

Ps. I normally use 'tellinfo' on the note 2, but it apparently isn't compatible with the N9005. Any help'd be greatly appreciated.

ask operator for their band specifications and then search it to find flashable package of modem of
N9005 that s compatible with urs.
then flash that modem.zip Or flash whole rom of another region

:good:

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
According to GSMArena, Jamaica uses the following bands
3c8314f589.png

Whereas N9005 supports
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

Are you sure, that there is 2G coverage in your area?

jdomadia

Jan 28, 2013
DUBAI/INDIA
Many phone flashed with Super imei facing this problem, comform your imei number typing in keypad *#06# , compare with sticker under battery or box.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

lyrixist

Jun 6, 2014
Well I don't know how it was flashed, but when I typed that in, I got a different imei than what's on the back of the phone. Is there any way I can fix it back? The phone keeps coming off the network and saying not registered, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jdomadia

Jan 28, 2013
DUBAI/INDIA
Well I don't know how it was flashed, but when I typed that in, I got a different imei than what's on the back of the phone. Is there any way I can fix it back? The phone keeps coming off the network and saying not registered, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There is a fix for this problem but u need to tack your mobile to Mobile service shop who has a TOOL SPT Box, look below link.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639341

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50669735&postcount=8

Last edited:

lyrixist

Jun 6, 2014
Sounds promising. I'll get on it Monday morning and post back here with the results. This should work for the 2G issue, but what do I need to do about the changing imei? I'd much rather get the phone back on the original

lyrixist

Jun 6, 2014
Additionally, I hear mention from a couple of persons that they ended up taking their phones to repair shops and had them do it. Is it that special hardware has to be used along with the spt software; or can I just connect up to my laptop with the software and do it myself?