Help ... my phone is dead

Search This thread

n70shan

Jan 10, 2012
Lahore
hi all yesterday i unlocked my bootloader and rooted my one m8.. and installed cwm recovery... after that through es file explorer i deleted some bloatware from system/app but on restart it comes again so i came to know that it had system write protection so i downloaded wp.ko module from android development and moved it to i think system/ libs/ modules .... i thought in this i will be able to delete system apps... but when i restarted my phone i cant go to settings folder neither i found camera app....

so now i cant use my mobile .... and also i couldn't enter into fastboot or cwm recovery because in settings options fastboot was tick and now i cant enter settings.... neither i can turn on wifi as well.... all is finished.... please help me how to re flash the whole rom again?? can i do it with computer somehow?????? what are my options??

stathis95194

Oct 15, 2008
Nicosia
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Xiaomi 13 Pro
hi all yesterday i unlocked my bootloader and rooted my one m8.. and installed cwm recovery... after that through es file explorer i deleted some bloatware from system/app but on restart it comes again so i came to know that it had system write protection so i downloaded wp.ko module from android development and moved it to i think system/ libs/ modules .... i thought in this i will be able to delete system apps... but when i restarted my phone i cant go to settings folder neither i found camera app....

so now i cant use my mobile .... and also i couldn't enter into fastboot or cwm recovery because in settings options fastboot was tick and now i cant enter settings.... neither i can turn on wifi as well.... all is finished.... please help me how to re flash the whole rom again?? can i do it with computer somehow?????? what are my options??

adb reboot-bootloader
enter recovery
restore nandroid/flash rom

Reactions: n70shan

Heisenberg420

Apr 28, 2011
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6
OnePlus 11
Reboot phone holding down vol down, that will get you to bootloader. If you have a backup restore that. If not download a stock ROM for your device and flash that.

In the future don't manually delete system apps using a file explorer. Use titanium backup to freeze them, then they can be unfrozen if you needed them.

n70shan

Jan 10, 2012
Lahore
adb reboot-bootloader
enter recovery
no bro when i enter command it says device not found... i can not enter into bootloader or cwm recovery... all i can do is charge my phone when off or when i press power button it boot up and then as i said i cant go to settings or another thing... just main homescreen

stathis95194

Oct 15, 2008
Nicosia
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Xiaomi 13 Pro
no bro when i enter command it says device not found... i can not enter into bootloader or cwm recovery... all i can do is charge my phone when off or when i press power button it boot up and then as i said i cant go to settings or another thing... just main homescreen

So try this.

Turn off phone
keep pressed volume down + Power button

It doesn't enter bootloader?

n70shan

Jan 10, 2012
Lahore
Reboot phone holding down vol down, that will get you to bootloader. If you have a backup restore that. If not download a stock ROM for your device and flash that.

In the future don't manually delete system apps using a file explorer. Use titanium backup to freeze them, then they can be unfrozen if you needed them.
no man as i explained earlier i can not enter bootloader because before all this problem happened , fastboot option was tick in settings and if it is ticked you cant enter bootloader.... rather devices instantly starts

n70shan

Jan 10, 2012
Lahore
So try this.

Turn off phone

no man as i explained earlier i can not enter bootloader because before all this problem happened , fastboot option was tick in settings and if it is ticked you cant enter bootloader.... rather device instantly starts

stathis95194

Oct 15, 2008
Nicosia
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Xiaomi 13 Pro
no man as i explained earlier i can not enter bootloader because before all this problem happened , fastboot option was tick in settings and if it is ticked you cant enter bootloader.... rather device instantly starts

sorry missed that....ok just tried something else and it definitely works.

Shut down phone.
Turn it on
Hold volume up+power button until it restarts
As soon as you get the black screen for restart release power button and hold volume down.

If your timing is right you will enter bootloader.
Just tried it and it definitely works,

n70shan

Jan 10, 2012
Lahore

Shut down phone.
Turn it on
As soon as you get the black screen for restart release power button and hold volume down.

oh my God ........you are genius man....... i was able to done that in first attempt...... Thank You so much ....... love you :D

n70shan

Jan 10, 2012
Lahore

Shut down phone.
Turn it on

now one more question please ..... can i flash stock RUU file downloaded from htc dev website as i have unlocked bootloader and S- on??? or should i go for any custom rom or any cwm backup one?

gfigcool

Aug 9, 2014
try rom toolbox

are you able to install apps?
if you are, try Tom toolbox/ pro.
that'll provide options to boot into recovery or fastboot.
keep us updated

stathis95194

Oct 15, 2008
Nicosia
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Xiaomi 13 Pro
now one more question please ..... can i flash stock RUU file downloaded from htc dev website as i have unlocked bootloader and S- on??? or should i go for any custom rom or any cwm backup one?

There is no RUUs available from my knowledge except one for Sprint.
If you have a nandroid backup just restore it.

You can try a custom rom or a cwm backup but it needs to match your cid

n70shan

Jan 10, 2012
Lahore

ok i have an idea but let you first advice me.... i m thinking to flash any backup available yes i know it will screw my radio but then i will flash stock recovery and then i will re lock my bootloader and then i will install my related RUU version of phone software which was come preinstalled... i have stock RUU for that downloaded from htc dev. what you say? will it bring my radio's back?

stathis95194

Oct 15, 2008
Nicosia
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Xiaomi 13 Pro
ok i have an idea but let you first advice me.... i m thinking to flash any backup available yes i know it will screw my radio but then i will flash stock recovery and then i will re lock my bootloader and then i will install my related RUU version of phone software which was come preinstalled... i have stock RUU for that downloaded from htc dev. what you say? will it bring my radio's back?

Can you point me to where did you download an RUU for M8? As i said i don't think there are any available.

The easiest think to do if you want to go back to stock is to

fastboot getvar all

and download the stock ROM and recovery for your cid

n70shan

Jan 10, 2012
Lahore
These are not full RUU's. You will probably screw up your phone again with these.

please run this command and post the output hiding the sensitive info like imei, etc

fastboot getvar all
hey bro whats this? i installed cwm backup of another region having different software version and it installed succesfully and my network and wifi and all other things working perfect....... bt when i enter bootloader it is still showing software and radio information of previous software?

stathis95194

Oct 15, 2008
Nicosia
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Xiaomi 13 Pro
hey bro whats this? i installed cwm backup of another region having different software version and it installed succesfully and my network and wifi and all other things working perfect....... bt when i enter bootloader it is still showing software and radio information of previous software?

bootloader shows firmware info whereas Settings-About-Software shows info from the ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

adb reboot-bootloader
    enter recovery

So try this.

Turn off phone

Shut down phone.
    Turn it on