[Q] Poll on battery life with new RUU...

How's your battery life with new firmware?

• Total voters
Search This thread

graymonkey44

Nov 12, 2011
New York
I'm just curious to see how everyone's doing with battery life on the new software leak. Lately I've been getting HORRIBLE battery life. For the past 2 days, I've only gotten 4-5 hours with moderate to heavy usage. This was worse than what I was getting with ICS ROMS before the leak. The reason I update to the new firmware is because I heard people were getting exceptional battery life off just the stock battery.

I think the reason may be I haven't completely charged it because it was stuck at 99% for like an hour before I took it off the charger. I finally just let it charge all night and I will see how it goes today. I'm curious to see how everyone else is doing with battery life.

Also, if you could, state which ROM you're using and possibly what things you turn on/off to help/hinder battery life.

I'm running BAMF v1.1.1, my screen's on auto-brightness, I only sync my gmail account and weather, 90% of the time I use Wi-Fi, no GPS or BT on at all. I also have Juice defender on as well.

Edit: Well actually I just checked my phone and after about an hour and 50 minutes, my phone was down to 91%. about an hour and a half of that was streaming pandora on wi-fi. Maybe I just never had it charged completely. Screen on time was only about 20 minutes, though. I think that's pretty solid battery life. I guess I'll see how today rolls out.

Oh and also if you could state which battery you're using. I have the 3.7 V.

Edit: Since making this thread, my battery life has gotten considerably better. It idles just fine, now. I think there might have been something wrong with the screen off profile which was causing my battery life to be so horrible.

I would suggest using Scott's CleanWipe 5x when switch ROM's. I don't know why and it may seems a little unnecessary, but I'm getting a lot better battery life after using that and upgrading to BAMF v1.2 from CleanROM 4.1. Also, I turned off automatic brightness to 30% which I think has made a pretty good difference. The screen is a huge battery killer. I played Temple Run for like 20 minutes and the battery went down from 98%-77%. But I can get a 9% battery drop from sleeping for 9 hours with the phone completely idol.

It looks like 1/3 of the people are getting worse battery while 2/3 are getting the same or better. If I could revote I would and say my battery life is better now. So anyone hesitating to flash the new RUU. I'd say go for it. The odds are still with you: 66.666667% vs. 33.333333% that you will still get equal or better battery life.

Last edited:

Robert235

Apr 4, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I'm honestly felt like the battery improved last night i was streaming videos on youtube for an hour then was reading 4 chapters on a manga while using poweramp the battery when down from 63 to 55 percent.im using 3000mah, usually it would of been lower.
Im usind rezrom 3.1.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

joebrady119

Apr 27, 2010
Mine is slightly better. Even on 4g all day at work.

Sent from my highly modified ICS Rezound.

OLDsJUNKIE

May 30, 2010
Indiana
Only installed the firmware last night. Will probably take a little bit to settle in but I've seen noticably better life today. I use my phone about the same every day so it's fairly easy to tell. About 4 hours of streaming with google music, on 4G the whole time. About 10 to 15 texts. Got gmail and weather synced. Played some words. Check facebook a couple times. Screen brightness between 30 and 40%. All haptic turned off. Five hours into the day and 65% battery left. On Nils business sense 3.1. 3.7V battery.

aostl

Feb 16, 2010
I'm on the new radio but on gingerbread and battery life is very significantly improved

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

emarietta

Oct 30, 2010
central ohio
I'm honestly felt like the battery improved last night i was streaming videos on youtube for an hour then was reading 4 chapters on a manga while using poweramp the battery when down from 63 to 55 percent.im using 3000mah, usually it would of been lower.
Im usind rezrom 3.1.

Where did you fine a 3000 mah ?

Afro Samurai

Dec 8, 2008
Chicago,IL
I'll be watching this closely as I've been straddling the fence on upgrading to the leak. I usually don't take this long to jump in the fray no matter what my phone has been. I have heard more good than bad about the leak overall. But you never know if they are legit concerns or people overlooking things just to be running ICS. I'm curious to see what battery life people are getting.

graymonkey44

Nov 12, 2011
New York
To those having worse battery life, mind saying what ROM, and stuff you are comparing your results against?
I've been running BAMF, but I switched over to CLEANROM 4.1 and I'm gonna see how that works out for me.

I've been getting about 5 hours tops with the new firmware as opposed to 10 hours with the same amount of usage on GB.

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
I use the extended battery, and I can honestly say I'm getting 5+ hours. From 100% to complety shutdown I would get 30+ hours with pretty heavy usage. Right after I updated I charged up to 100% and used it probably the same as I had before, pretty heavy use, I got 35+ hours.

Something is definitely better here.

graymonkey44

Nov 12, 2011
New York
Can people please start stating what ROM they're using, battery voltage, power saving tips. What governor, kernel, underclocked?

dabombcra

Oct 14, 2011
I'm using the leak ICS 4.0 Rom. By battery has gone way down. A couple 2-3 minute phone, a few text an my battery will be drained in about 6 hours. The phone is getting hot and draining the battery. On gingerbread, I could go 8 hours with streaming, texting, playing games and more before my battery was drained.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

shribe

Jan 13, 2012
My battery has been very bad ever since 3.6. Really thought 4.1 would fix it, but it's actually a little worse. I get 6 hour with light to moderate use. One thing I noticed, when I check my battery and usage, it says screen: 79%, WiFI 9%. But when I click on the graph to get history details, It shows a solid blue line for WiFi, and a solid, but two tone gold for Mobile network signal.
With other screen shots I've seen, wifi is usually a scattered, broken line. As if the wifi is shutting down at times conserving battery. Is there something I'm missing? Or is it supposed to be solid blue? Also, normally in the screen shot, the mobile network line is green, mine is yellow/gold. I am guessing that's just the quality of the network signal, but wanted to verify.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't know what happened, but now my battery life is awesome! I don't know how or why it happened,but I'll just go over everything I did before I got this awesome battery life.

I started with CleanROM 4.1 and was getting still pretty bad battery life with that. I also used Scott's Clean wipe 5x before flashing each ROM. So I wanted to test out sense 4.0 so I flashed BAMF Evita. Played around with it then flashed the updated bamf ics ROM 1.1 and now I'm getting awesome battery life.

My battery dropped only 10% in 4 hours and 51 minutes after doing this. Before, my phone only lasted 6 hours on a full charge!
    At first I thought the battery life was the same. But yesterday I went 13 hours without charging, with pretty heavy use, got home from work and decided to watch an hour and a half long movie on my phone. After the movie I looked at my phone and was still at 26%. For me, since this new firmware update, my battery life is insanely good. Btw I'm running BAMF ICS 1.1.1. Not sure if I want to update to 1.2 and risk losing this great battery life.

My battery life has been pretty good on 1.2...not as good as what you are reporting though. I dunno, maybe give it a try and a couple days to get used to everything..
    Thinking I might have to try BAMF because right now on CleanROM, with usual moderate/heavy use, I am getting 4-5 hours. Today, I barely used it and it does well with screen off, but each time I use it, the battery plummets and gets hot (115-120F).
    I used to get 7-9 hrs on GB with moderate/heavy use and 16-18hrs on light days on this phone.